Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 10:43 PM

301 posts, read 639,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
And you know this how?
Atlanta's growth stunting, and last estimates from 2008 as far as ethnic groups in city were released. Do you really expect for Atlanta with slower growth to have exploded with diversity in just mere two years? If you do then you are to far ahead of yourself and Atlanta.

Which city is this "kdog08" from?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2010, 10:47 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,940,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Blasphamany View Post
The wonderfully diverse Fort Worth.

Old 09-18-2010, 10:54 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,361,576 times
Quote:
Atlanta's growth stunting, and last estimates from 2008 as far as ethnic groups in city were released. Do you really expect for Atlanta with slower growth to have exploded with diversity in just mere two years? If you do then you are to far ahead of yourself and Atlanta.

Show proof of this supposed "stunting growth" in the City. The City is now gaining the largest share of metro growth for the first time in decades, and has reached it's historical population peak after years of declines.

The election results for this majority black City are nothing less than impressive, and have been for quite some time. You have no idea what you are talking about. Do you honestly think an Asian gay man could be elected to City Council in MIAMI? LOL!

Old 09-18-2010, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Show proof of this supposed "stunting growth" in the City. The City is now gaining the largest share of metro growth for the first time in decades, and has reached it's historical population peak after years of declines.

The election results for this majority black City are nothing less than impressive, and have been for quite some time. You have no idea what you are talking about. Do you honestly think an Asian gay man could be elected to City Council in MIAMI? LOL!
Oh so now we're talking about Miami are we? Okay lets change the topic altogether from Atlanta and talk about Timbuktu since we're just throwing random cities out there to talk about. No I am discussing Atlanta with you, how about you keep it to that city first before expanding on the horizon.
How about this ARC: Metro Atlanta growth still slow | AccessNorthGa or how about your over national average unemployment rate?
People moving there in same numbers after hard hit economy must be a herd of the stupidest creatures known to man. Obviously their growth has slowed even by over 10% is a lot of slowing down.

Gay Asian man? Is this your idea of a joke? Elect leaders that can help your region, not leaders that you can go to Beijing and brag about "look here we have a Gay Asian man elected, we're so progressive" no one cares. I would hope more moving into city, that is trend for urbanization, back to city life from suburbia. If Atlanta did not have that, then I would be disappointed to say it was left behind from modern era cities and its counterparts.
You wonder why Atlantans dont get proper recognition on website, you people exaggerate your city beyond means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
The wonderfully diverse Fort Worth.
Really now? Coming from a conservative country town he feels authority to criticize a more progressive city than his? LOL what a joke.

Old 09-18-2010, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Really now? Coming from a conservative country town he feels authority to criticize a more progressive city than his? LOL what a joke.
That is all they do up in those parts

Old 09-18-2010, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Oh so now we're talking about Miami are we? Okay lets change the topic altogether from Atlanta and talk about Timbuktu since we're just throwing random cities out there to talk about. No I am discussing Atlanta with you, how about you keep it to that city first before expanding on the horizon.
How about this ARC: Metro Atlanta growth still slow | AccessNorthGa or how about your over national average unemployment rate?
People moving there in same numbers after hard hit economy must be a herd of the stupidest creatures known to man. Obviously their growth has slowed even by over 10% is a lot of slowing down.

Gay Asian man? Is this your idea of a joke? Elect leaders that can help your region, not leaders that you can go to Beijing and brag about "look here we have a Gay Asian man elected, we're so progressive" no one cares. I would hope more moving into city, that is trend for urbanization, back to city life from suburbia. If Atlanta did not have that, then I would be disappointed to say it was left behind from modern era cities and its counterparts.
You wonder why Atlantans dont get proper recognition on website, you people exaggerate your city beyond means.
I would imagine that a supposed "Chief Marketing Officer" would have better reading comprehension skills, but it seems to hardly be the case.

YOU are the one that ranked Atlanta dead last in your little list behind Miami, oh arrogant one. As far as your totally ignorant remarks about the residents of the City of Atlanta being won over by a qualified, dedicated guy that just happens to be gay and Asian must be a foreign concept for you, seeing that this has yet to occur in NYC.

What you don't know about the rest of the country outside your little bubble could fill volumes.

Old 09-18-2010, 11:37 PM

no need for personal attacks here, play nice

and I would not say ATL came in dead last when it is only being compared to 3 other cities.

I highly doubt that he is slamming ATL, I love ATL more than Miami, but I would rank Miami higher than ATL in diversity too if I was being honest.

Old 09-18-2010, 11:43 PM

Quote:
I would imagine that a supposed "Chief Marketing Officer" would have better reading comprehension skills, but it seems to hardly be the case.

YOU are the one that ranked Atlanta dead last in your little list behind Miami, oh arrogant one. As far as your totally ignorant remarks about the residents of the City of Atlanta being won over by a qualified, dedicated guy that just happens to be gay and Asian must be a foreign concept for you, seeing that this has yet to occur in NYC.

What you don't know about the rest of the country outside your little bubble could fill volumes.
How would I have reading comprehension skills? For saying the truth that Atlanta has slower growth or for correcting you that "just wait till the next census information comes out" part? Do you really believe Atlanta had a spurt in growth for the ethnicities involved in the city in just 2 years? LOL I suppose everyone from Beijing, Seoul, Paris, London should be notified. We'll all book a flight to come live in Atlanta.
So you know my profession now, tell me what is it that you do John besides defending Atlanta that is?

And? Does Atlanta belong on top of this list? Is Atlanta the most diverse of these? Do you even feel Atlanta can surpass Dallas in diversity?

Arrogant? I suppose being right does that to people. In that sense I would take being arrogant over being ill informed.
Really that mans dedication sure showed me, Atlanta is rising, wait by 2020 they might be more diverse, more cosmopolitan, more powerful than NY just because they elected a Gay Asian man does not mean anything. What exactly has he done for the city of Atlanta, please source me to things he actually has done and not only talked about. Please do, I would love to see.
NY is the most ethnically diverse city in the world, it doesnt have to elect people of special backgrounds to sell its case like the way Atlanta does.

I still dont see what wrong I've said, Atlantas growth has stopped, Atlanta is the least diverse albeit it leads in certain ethnicities over the others, and Atlanta is in bad shape economically. What part is untrue?

Old 09-18-2010, 11:44 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,739,757 times
Ethincally diverse, Miami.
Racially diverse, Houston.

Old 09-18-2010, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
no need for personal attacks here, play nice

and I would not say ATL came in dead last when it is only being compared to 3 other cities.

I highly doubt that he is slamming ATL, I love ATL more than Miami, but I would rank Miami higher than ATL in diversity too if I was being honest.
This guys arrogance and personal attacks are way over the top, especially for someone brand new with less than 50 posts. And he seems to have a penchant for slamming ANYWHERE that is not NYC - as if we need even more of that around here.

And as far as diversity goes, Miami can't even dream of the level of Asian diversity found here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City