Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 07:44 AM

1,693 posts, read 1,531,467 times

Advertisements

'Hotbeds of Sex': Texas on Top, Maine ... Not
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2010, 08:13 AM

9,191 posts, read 33,897,365 times
And I think it goes without saying that folks need to remember the terms of service when replying to/discussing this topic.

Old 09-20-2010, 11:02 AM

5,251 posts, read 13,824,382 times
"The survey determined the bedroom barometers by using census birth rates, sales of sex toys and condoms, and rates of sexually transmitted diseases."

How is that "sexy"

Old 01-11-2012, 04:57 PM

32,114 posts, read 34,753,293 times
Miami without a doubt. Is there any other city that requires you to purchase at least two white linen outfits?

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2445/3...b33bebc2_z.jpg

This guy probably came down to Miami for a pharma sales rep conference and hasn't looked back. He left his frumpy wife and ingrate grandkids back in Milwaukee. Now he's big pimpin'. White linen will have that effect on you.

Old 01-11-2012, 05:06 PM

1,495 posts, read 2,301,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Really unfortunate that he paired it with black shoes, but I suppose it was after Labor Day and rules are rules.

Old 01-11-2012, 05:10 PM

32,114 posts, read 34,753,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_cat View Post
Really unfortunate that he paired it with black shoes, but I suppose it was after Labor Day and rules are rules.
LOL. I was thinking the same thing. But when you're a PEEEMP you don't have to play by the rules.

Old 01-11-2012, 05:16 PM

1,456 posts, read 4,331,641 times
Tie for either Miami or Los Angeles. I would say Miami has a slight edge.

Every warm city with a beach and a high foriegn-born population could have this title.

Old 01-11-2012, 05:49 PM

1,937 posts, read 4,713,828 times
Other sexy cities that made the top 10 were Columbus, Ohio; Durham, N.C.; Denver; Indianapolis; Oklahoma City and Bakersfield, Calif.

This is laughable, and the entire article, ridiculous..........

Old 01-11-2012, 06:06 PM

124 posts, read 334,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Member1 View Post
Scottsdale, AZ
Los Angeles, CA
Miami, FL
Nashville, TN
Dallas, TX
NYC, NY

Old 01-11-2012, 07:31 PM

2,061 posts, read 3,739,571 times
My personal "Sexiest" city list would go:
(Meaning the places that just get the Mojo going...)

1. Las Vegas
2. Miami
3. Honolulu
4. Los Angeles
5. New Orleans
6. Atlanta
7. San Diego
8. Phoenix/Scottsdale
9. New York City
10. San Francisco

All top 5 are cities that (For me) something just HAS to happen (THERE MUST BE A STORY) during a trip to, vacation in, visit, business trip in or whatever... If I'm there (in the top 5) on travel, I can just feel it... The call of the wild... Vegas tops all for me. LOVE THAT TOWN! It's a failed trip if there isn't a story to leave behind for me... Miami probably has THE MOST and HIGHEST RATIO of sexy people walking around, so you pretty much don't have a choice but to get seduced by the atmosphere, but it's not as MUCH of a MUST as Vegas for me. Just being in Honolulu makes me hear Marvin Gaye playing in my mind every time I pass someone look'n good. The atmosphere is too romantic to NOT feel seduced, a lot like Miami. It's the tropical Mojo working. LA has SOOO MANY GORGEOUS women walking around. And I definitely get that sexy feel... Especially: San Fernando Valley, Santa Monica, Huntington Beach Area and Torrence. NOLA has to be the land of Girls gone Wild... Can't help but feel ready for something to spark off when walking down Bourbon with a Hand grenade in hand and reasons to throw beads...

In the next 3 (6-8), those are places that when visited, it's very easy to get into something if wanted. May not be as MUCH of a call of the wild as the top 5, but still a LOT of debauchery going on if you want to find it. ATL is like the home of the stripper and the strip club. For all those that don't know or realize, there are PLENTY of good times to be had in Atlanta! The 2 things keeping ATL from my top 5 are: There is a very superficial (similar to Hollywood) feel growing in the city (But LA can get away with it more than ATL). And ATL is a lot like Frisco in the since that you have to wonder if what you see is what you get. Sometimes it's fake rear ends, sometimes it's fake racks, sometimes it's fake lips, lipo, lifts, silicon and so on... THEN, sometimes it may look like, but not really even be female underneath it all... San Diego is like the little brother to LA. Lots of sexy people walking around and some real edge across the border. Scottsdale is like the playground for all the rich and sexy... They rotate through there like a revolving door throughout the year, causing a sort of small-scale Vegas "what happens, happens and don't discuss" atmosphere going on. It's there, but maybe not so noticeable which is why it doesn't make top 5.

The last 2 are there because they definitely have LOTS AND LOTS of sexy people, and definitely a LOT going on and tons of risque happening, yet they are farther down the list than others because there may be a rough around the edges feel to the city that can kind of stifle the Mojo sometimes... Sometimes, you're so sick of people double parking on a busy street that you aren't thinking of the sexy woman jay-walking across it in Brooklyn... Also, in NYC, so many may look sexy but have the wrong attitude written all over their face that just turns you off... In Frisco, sometimes it ruins things after seeing all the strange crazies wondering around The Mission to feel in the mood... Not that there's any shortage of beautiful/sexy people in Frisco, because OMG there are some of THE MOST BEAUTIFUL walking around there, BUT sometimes it can turn you off because there's that whole stigma that makes you think twice and have to wonder if "what you see is what you get, or is it Hangover II?"

Last edited by Psykomonkee; 01-11-2012 at 07:46 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City