Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which MSA do you Prefer
Atlanta MSA 52 33.12%
Los Angeles MSA 105 66.88%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 08:32 PM

1,581 posts, read 2,823,491 times

Advertisements

Im from up north in Seattle, I choose Atlanta because they have Coca Cola and southern cooking . Atlanta to me seems to have much more culture than L A . LA to me seems to be a cookie cutter amusment park culture. As a city Atlanta wins but as a metro area LA wins for its many cookie cutter like amusement parks and attractions, Just never see myself ever going to LA as a city whats downtown its not even a shopping meca like san fran.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2010, 08:53 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,843,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmagoku View Post
Who is black in this thread?
me. that's not the only reason i choose atlanta, but it does have a lot to do with it

Old 10-04-2010, 09:39 PM

5,509 posts, read 11,872,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironcouger View Post
Im from up north in Seattle, I choose Atlanta because they have Coca Cola and southern cooking . Atlanta to me seems to have much more culture than L A . LA to me seems to be a cookie cutter amusment park culture. As a city Atlanta wins but as a metro area LA wins for its many cookie cutter like amusement parks and attractions, Just never see myself ever going to LA as a city whats downtown its not even a shopping meca like san fran.
I feel like I had a Coke in LA when I was there, so I think they have Coca-cola too. Southern cooking may be tougher to get.

Old 10-04-2010, 10:37 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,913,735 times
Well, all I will add is that LA is a pretty dumpy place -- dirty, crowded and, save for the mountain vistas, pretty ugly. Sure, SOCal has great weather MOST of the time, but the trade-off to that is a thick layer of grime that covers everything most of the year. Quality of life is subjective, but for schools, business environment, overall economic health and future potential, Atlanta wins. The LA region has pretty much maxed out and leaders there are trying to salvage what they've got. Atlanta faces some challenges, but most definitely has a lot more growing to do.

Old 10-05-2010, 08:14 AM

9,191 posts, read 33,876,421 times
WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING

Folks - if you don't like a thread, don't comment in it (novel idea, huh?). Stay on topic, only the topic, and do not discuss other posters and/or threads within. Report trolls via the 'report post' icon, and move on. Thank you.

Old 10-05-2010, 12:24 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,402,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mas23 View Post
well damn!
in few years l.a wont be a diverse city no more. if people really are going to call l.a diverse in the future despite the fact that it will be 60 or more percent Hispanic then something is wrong then.

Old 10-05-2010, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Scholar View Post
This is as bias as it can get! Diversity Atlanta ( check that).

Food- LA has a better variety!

Downtown = No comment b/c at the same time LA has a crappy one for a city it's size!

Weather= No brainer.

Dining- LA

Lively- LA( Just a better place to live if you got the $$$)

How many more LA vs ___ threads? Why not LA vs Rhode Island, LA vs the Gulf Coast, hell even LA vs Hong Kong Ghost?
if you say l.a is more lively because you need a lot of money to live their then it inst lively at all.

just saying.

Old 10-05-2010, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Blasphamany View Post
You want me to be honest why I hate LA? Ok but you asked for it.

I am a business man, economics is very important factor for me. In my field LA is the butt of every corporate joke, never understood why before going. Always thought Americas 2nd largest city would be impressive and live up to the hype. So I went to LA for a business trip 2 months ago and stayed for an entire month. First of all that P.O.S you call a transportation system sucks, had to pay $53 [each day] for a cab the first weekend just to get around, then rented my own car. Open the window when driving and it feels like Somalia with the polluted smoke coming in. For a city famed for its nightlife it sucks and its spread throughout city. Majority of the city looks poor and like one big barrio in Mexico. Personally I am fan of Mexico but LA looks like Tijuana, ugly, brown, and boring. Evidently going around city it feels like there are more illegals than legal residents at least compared to NY. Doing work in this city is a joke, one big corporate joke. No one takes business seriously even the business people have that pothead "its totally rad doode" attitude. Your beaches there suck, overcrowded and polluted looking, your mountains are the only redeeming quality of your entire city go figure. For an entire month it was misery after misery. And want to know the one thing that gets me most of LA? Its how people think its "NY and LA". NO its not, its just NY, no pathetic failure of an excuse city deserves to be mentioned in same breathe as NY. Chicago, DC, SF all trump LA in terms of city. I rather live in Jacksonville, Florida than in LA. Do you even understand why your city has one of the worst economics in America? Out of the top 20 largest metros only Detroit has worse economy then LA
Ive been to ATL and its not a city that I would personally live in but its a far more organized city than LA. Enjoy living in that failure you call a city, now I know why rest of the world laughs at that pathetic excuse for a civilization, thats another thing the entire city feels uneducated trash.

removed by moderator - pushes the bickering envelope. Stop. Don't insult an entire city of people.

well damnn lol

Old 10-09-2010, 06:59 PM

514 posts, read 764,805 times
I love LA MSA and LA city! From Santa Barbara to San Clemente it's one great area.Have never been to Atlanta and can't comment but comments about LA are way out of line. The illegal situation is a Federal one and LA reaps what the Feds have sown. If you hate LA so much then turn off your TVs and never watch a movie again. LA has blessed this country so much. We all breath cleaner air because of it.

Old 10-10-2010, 01:36 AM

4,692 posts, read 9,300,881 times
I definitely have a bias in that I am a black Southern young male. So Atlanta has a lot to offer someone like myself. However, I have never been to LA so my mind could be changed. If this thread is moreso asking personal preferences, I have to go with Atlanta for me to live in. Although honestly, this comparisson is not fair. LA MSA is more than 3 times Atlanta size.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City