Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 04:18 AM

2,848 posts, read 6,435,178 times

Advertisements

Which city is more internationally known to the world?Atlanta

Which city has a better night life and downtown? Nightlife-Atlanta, Downtown-Denver. Don't understand why you lumped these two together.

Which city has a better suburb? Atlanta

Which city has better shopping and diversity? Atlanta

Which city has better K-12 Education? Denver

Which city has easier access to overseas air travelling? Atlanta

Which city would you live in if you had 2 kids (1 in middle school, 1 in high school) I would be tempted to say Denver but they could do well in Atlanta. Might have to move to a more expensive suburb with a good system though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2010, 01:15 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,810,922 times
Atlanta is the better city- Denver is the nicer city.
Make sense?

Old 10-11-2010, 09:27 AM

726 posts, read 2,147,276 times
I think the 2 are suprisingly similar in most aspects. Neither is much better than the other in all the criteria posted. even sports which wasn't posted. What wasn't posted was weather where I think Denver wins hands down. As much as I like Atlanta, I could never live in that hot/humid environment. I'll take the occasional snow storm in October or April in return for extremely low humidity and over 300 days of sunshine.

Old 10-11-2010, 05:34 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,913,735 times
The heat/humidity of Atlanta is GREATLY over emphasized. It's not nearly the negative people make it out to be. It's not Calcutta for criss sake. And the 9 months of the year it is NOT hot are absolutely gorgeous -- even in winter, when it gets really cold and icy, Atlanta is still beautiful -- not like northern cities where winter is 5 months of miserable yuck.

Old 10-11-2010, 08:35 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,801,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
The heat/humidity of Atlanta is GREATLY over emphasized. It's not nearly the negative people make it out to be. It's not Calcutta for criss sake. And the 9 months of the year it is NOT hot are absolutely gorgeous -- even in winter, when it gets really cold and icy, Atlanta is still beautiful -- not like northern cities where winter is 5 months of miserable yuck.
Atlanta's altitude (1,050 feet above sea level) actually keeps the humidity lower than most people realize. Yes, it gets humid in the heat of July and August, but not as humid as cities at lower altitudes.

There is no argument that Denver wins in the altitude vs altitude contest, but it's not as bad in Atlanta as some people might think.

Old 10-12-2010, 06:54 PM

2,491 posts, read 4,467,349 times
I'd take Denver in every category except air travel. Throw in weather, outdoor recreation and scenery and it's a rout. And Denver sports > Atlanta sports

Old 10-12-2010, 07:37 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,860,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJPhilliesPhan View Post
Which city is more internationally known to the world? Tie
You have got to be kidding me.

Quote:
Which city has a better night life and downtown? Tie, But Atlanta if you are into Rap music and black culture.
If you think nightlife in Atlanta revolves around rap music and Black culture, you're sadly mistaken. They are components of the nightlife, but there are certainly others as well. And I have no idea how that ties into which city has the better downtown.

Quote:
Which city has better shopping and diversity? Tie
Although I'm inclined to say that Atlanta comes out on top in terms of shopping, I'm not exactly sure. But Atlanta is definitely more diverse. These are the latest metro area stats from the American Community Survey

Atlanta
59.3% White
32.6% Black
4.7% Asian
10.0% Hispanic/Latino of any race

Denver
84.4% White
6.3% Black
4.3% Asian
22.3% Hispanic/Latino of any race (didn't realize Denver had such a high Mexican population, as they constitute the bulk of this group)

Old 10-12-2010, 07:40 PM

1,581 posts, read 2,823,491 times
Atlanta is a more scenic city.

Old 10-12-2010, 07:44 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,860,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironcouger View Post
Atlanta is a more scenic city.
Atlanta has a great natural setting, but I think Denver is more scenic. You just can't beat that mountain backdrop.

Old 10-12-2010, 11:51 PM

937 posts, read 927,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abr7rmj View Post
I'd take Denver in every category except air travel. Throw in weather, outdoor recreation and scenery and it's a rout. And Denver sports > Atlanta sports
Boo on most of that... As far as sports go...
Well, the Nuggets are currently the Hawks of the Western Conference. Soon to be the Bobcats when Melo leaves. Yeah, Broncos have been better than the Falcons, I will admit that (But your road to the Super Bowl is a lot rockier). I think the Braves trump the Rockies. They may have a more recent World Series victory, but the Braves have the greater history and legacies (Hank Aarron, 13 straight division titles and a World Series win, Chipper Jones). The Atlanta Braves logo-hats are probably one of the most popular hats today... Peace Bobby Cox.
You guys can have hockey, we're from the South, so we honestly don't care... At least most of us.
C'mon, Chik-Fil-A Bowl, this SEC country, also there's Georgia Tech (one of the best schools in the nation) and UGA. Georgia State recently added a college football team. What college sports programs is Denver notable of?
Which is pretty hard to top as far as fan commitment and rivalry game festivities.
Get serious. Denver is nice, but when it comes to sports, Atlanta sir. ESPECIALLY, since Carmelo Anthony will be departing soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City