Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 03:22 PM

18,980 posts, read 32,640,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Blasphamany View Post
Seattle is a real city because people actually use this thing called a downtown, ever heard of it San Diegan? Downtowns are myths in Southern California it seems; I was highly disappointed with both L.A and S.D.
Ok, so before you used population density as a metric for a "real city" but now it's downtown's. Seattle may have a nicer downtown than LA but overall it's less dense and not as urban as LA. Downtown San Diego is a good downtown and well used by residents and tourists. It's not as big or vibrant as Seattle's but on par or better than many other cities it's size.
Quote:
take a look at this everyone; its a southern californian talking about Seattle losing NBA team. LOL lets look at all the teams southern california cities have lost; S.D lost the Rockets, Clippers, and about to lose Chargers. L.A lost; Raiders, Rams, Chargers, and due to L.A's pathetic economy they lost the L.A Riptide [LOL].
Of course, when one of your BS double standards gets pointed out you avoid the question and try to further rag on a place. And what the hell are the Riptide? Had to look that one up; a lacrosse team, haha who cares?
Quote:
Ok; so sav858 doesn't want Chargers to move someone notify the Chargers management they wont be moving anymore because sav858 says so. LOL they are going to move to L.A they are top team for relocating to L.A Los Angeles Chargers? | NBC San Diego
That article is over a 1.5 years old, try finding something a little more relevant and current. And either way, until a decision is made it's all speculation, so I'm not sure why you keep acting like the Chargers have already left.
Quote:
angelinos still go to games hundreds of miles away from L.A to a team that dumped them? LOL thats the most hilarious thing ever said on this site. HA
When they played in LA people from the Bay Area would go down there too. I'm guessing you know nothing of real sports and football and especially about the Raider Nation. They are die hard, crazy fans.
Quote:
ever see me criticize SF? no, because it is respectable city, beautiful everything, urban everything, rich, and stylish. then I look at the other half of the state and slap my forehead and say 'how are they in same state as SF?' LOL I have known angelinos to be desperate dogs but this is news to me
Did I ask you about SF? Why do you always bring up these random tangents? Oh that's right, to stir the pot and derail a thread and get some more petty jabs in. It's so funny how obsessed you are with LA and CA in general even though you've never lived here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2010, 03:31 PM

1,717 posts, read 4,649,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
All I said is that the Sonics left and are doing better in OKC, which it true. I don't give a crap why they left but was just pointing out more of Ghost's BS double standards with giving SD crap by assuming the Chargers are leaving for LA yet ignoring a team that has already left Seattle. Try not reading so much into my comment.
You inferred that OKC's doing better has something to do with the move away from Seattle. Nad up and admit it. The Sonics leaving Seattle was s sham. But thanks for playing "Really Bad Analogy"

Quote:
Could you be more defensive? Obviously I was talking about population density. And again I was trying to point out more of Ghost's double standards and hypocrisy; saying less dense cities like LA are suburbs yet calling a city less dense than LA a "real city". And saying Seattle has a lower population density isn't any sort of insult at all, although some of the density obsessed people here might take it as one.
You do understand that was intended as sarcasm? The word dense has more than one meaning. It's called a play on words.

Quote:
Try calming down and not getting so defensive
Pot meet Mr. Kettle.

Old 10-31-2010, 03:36 PM

301 posts, read 639,919 times
Quote:
Ok, so before you used population density as a metric for a "real city" but now it's downtown's. Seattle may have a nicer downtown than LA but overall it's less dense and not as urban as LA. Downtown San Diego is a good downtown and well used by residents and tourists. It's not as big or vibrant as Seattle's but on par or better than many other cities it's size.
LOL I like how you sugarcoat this; downtown Seattle is light years above anything in southern california. S.D is just a suburb in denial. No sav858, density is only one of many metrics for 'real cities' and S.D has no metric to help its case. So clearly stated Seattle is more urban than anything in southern california. Curious are you implying S.D is as much as city as NY, Boston, Phila?
Quote:
Of course, when one of your BS double standards gets pointed out you avoid the question and try to further rag on a place. And what the hell are the Riptide? Had to look that one up; a lacrosse team, haha who cares
point is southern california is economic cesspool; teams move away and fold because beggar politicians in southern california can barely keep their house let alone finance a team. I read southern california is making public restrooms in parking lots because of many living in cars now. LOL
Quote:
That article is over a 1.5 years old, try finding something a little more relevant and current. And either way, until a decision is made it's all speculation, so I'm not sure why you keep acting like the Chargers have already left.
then find and link me an article that states they are not one of the top teams for relocation to L.A. every article I have seen says they are top team to move to L.A. Google is your friend, just 'Google it'
Quote:
When they played in LA people from the Bay Area would go down there too. I'm guessing you know nothing of real sports and football and especially about the Raider Nation. They are die hard, crazy fans.
Did I ask you about SF? Why do you always bring up these random tangents? Oh that's right, to stir the pot and derail a thread and get some more petty jabs in. It's so funny how obsessed you are with LA and CA in general even though you've never lived here.
I think the OP has the right to know that Seattle is the more urban, safe, wealthier, healthier, smarter city than S.D. I simply brought in SF to contrast how Seattle is following in footsteps of good company, highly successful city. Seattle has great future; S.D has no future rather than being podunk tourist/resort town in 'southern california'.

On the book, I have no hate for california; one of my favorite states, I simply distaste southern california [Love SF Bay]. It irks me when southern californians put their selves in higher regard than Orlando and other podunk tourist trap wastelands. SF Bay and Seattle are light years superior to that pot smoking beach cultured zoo of unsophistication you call 'So Cal'.

Double standard? I have no double standard; I speak only truth.

Last edited by Ghost of Blasphamany; 10-31-2010 at 03:45 PM..

Old 10-31-2010, 03:45 PM

305 posts, read 655,063 times
San Diego and SoCal in general has one thing going for it: cheap,good ethnic eateries. No such thing here on the Eastside.

Old 10-31-2010, 03:52 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,499,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Loney View Post
I think it's fair to say that both UCSD and UW are on a par with one another. UW is highly rated for many of their schools. As a matter of fact, their school for "general practioners" rates highest in the land. Yes, even higher than Harvard etc...
UW is an academic powerhouse absolutely. I totally agree. Whether at undergrad level or graduate level, its one of the best all around schools.

I only bring up San Diego's intellectual aspects because many people normally wouldnt associate SD with higher learning and academia, but actually the city is very well educated and the community of scholars there is quite active and impressive. And they have a world class University and Biotech industry to show for it.

Old 10-31-2010, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Blasphamany View Post
how is what I said false? Are the Chargers not one of the top relocation teams for L.A? I believe so
I never accused you of saying something false, what the hell are you talking about? You said it says something about the city of SD that the Chargers are POSSIBLY leaving. Then I asked you what does it say about Seattle then since the Sonics already left. And of course you didn't answer the question. It's a double standard to give SD crap for a team leaving yet ignore that when it happened in Seattle. Get it now?
Quote:
I know you southern californians don't know what urban cities look like but I will explain it to you better; density doesnt matter it is utilization of core; Bill Loney lives in Seattle he can post the info on downtown residence or commercial success of downtown Seattle.
L.A for its size is disgrace to any form of urban living, S.D is just a big suburb, no downtown utilization, no density, pathetic
Yep I grew up and currently live in the Bay Area, was in SF the other day. I know nothing about what urban cities look like. A good core is important but I don't consider that the only determining factor when it comes to how urban a city is.

I'm guessing you've never been to SD because it's downtown is well used. It's where a lot of visitors spend their time, if it was so bad then it wouldn't be frequented by both tourists and residents. Downtown SD's current population is estimated to be 44,000 while Seattle's is around 57,000. So to say no one uses downtown and there is no density is just false and further proves you have never been there or know what you're talking about. Have you even been to Seattle too?
Quote:
double standard? It is not my fault you cant accept truth about southern california; I have said nothing that is untrue
You seem to think because I said you have a double standard and are being hypocritical then that implies you are lying and saying something untrue, that is not the case. I never claimed you were saying untrue things, just being a hypocrite with your double standards. Get it yet?

Old 10-31-2010, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Loney View Post
You do understand that was intended as sarcasm? The word dense has more than one meaning. It's called a play on words
Yeah I know what you meant, it was still a very defensive response. You seem to take the fact that Seattle has a lower population desnity than LA as some sort of insult apparently, why?
Quote:
Pot meet Mr. Kettle.
I was just pointing out some made up facts by ironcouger and Ghost's double standards, if that's defensive then fine. But I wasn't posting an essay long rant about the Sonics, Mariner's, and MLS or a long list of educated cities because someone pointed out some density facts.

Old 10-31-2010, 03:59 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,499,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Blasphemy
LOL I like how you sugarcoat this; downtown Seattle is light years above anything in southern california.
Downtown San Diego is actually very nice. Have you been there lately?

Horton Plaza is a very upscale mall right in the heart of the city and the Gas Lamp District is an extremely lively nightime district that rivals anything else Ive seen on the west coast as far as nightlife is concerned.

Also, the area around Petco Park has seen an explosion of mid to highrise condo development over the past decade. The transformation has been quite impressive.

Overall, I would agree that Downtown Seattle is probably has more activity overall, but San Diego is definitely no slouch as far as downtowns go.

Old 10-31-2010, 04:04 PM

1,717 posts, read 4,649,042 times
Quote:
Yeah I know what you meant, it was still a very defensive response. You seem to take the fact that Seattle has a lower population desnity than LA as some sort of insult apparently, why?
Show me where and when I suggested that? On the contrary, I find it far more appealing actually.

Old 10-31-2010, 04:06 PM

301 posts, read 639,919 times
Quote:
I never accused you of saying something false, what the hell are you talking about? yet?
you accused me of practicing double standard in my post along with hypocrisy
Quote:
You said it says something about the city of SD that the Chargers are POSSIBLY leaving.
show me where it says that they aren't leaving. please dont stir me this dump talk that they can 'maybe' leave. they are leaving and I will be happy when they do; S.D is a podunk market; I despise L.A but it is more deserving of the Chargers than S.D ever has been. L.A has more people in its pinky than S.D does in its whole metro for starters
Quote:
Then I asked you what does it say about Seattle then since the Sonics already left.
I get it, this whole 'I am a loser; but you are loser also' routine of you southern californians. S.D will lose chargers, and already lose 2 I bear repeat T-W-O teams in the past; so all the jealousy locked in your conscience of Seattle being the superior sports city comes out with you trying to degrade them into same boat with the Sonics.
Quote:
Get it now?
No speak to me when you graduate from high school kid, your logic makes no sense
Quote:
Yep I grew up and currently live in the Bay Area, was in SF the other day. I know nothing about what urban cities look like. A good core is important but I don't consider that the only determining factor when it comes to how urban a city is.
it is important and it is the determining factor for a real city. it is something SF has that L.A is working hard to get [I am giving props btw] and S.D can never dream of having. Get it now? its no coincidence that all the most desirable cities in the world are dense and extremely urban
Quote:
I'm guessing you've never been to SD because it's downtown is well used. It's where a lot of visitors spend their time, if it was so bad then it wouldn't be frequented by both tourists and residents.
tourists? who the angelinos or the illegals making a stop in downtown to pick up tacos before going to L.A? Or are you talking about the 11 year old children who go to downtown S.D because they are on family vacation? S.D has no sense of real downtown crowd it is what I said before a podunk and pathetic tourist trap. Seattle's downtown has tourists, residences, many who work there, and people who go to utilize the urban core of their city.
Quote:
You seem to think because I said you have a double standard and are being hypocritical then that implies you are lying and saying something untrue, that is not the case. I never claimed you were saying untrue things, just being a hypocrite with your double standards. Get it yet?
If I am lying then prove what I have 'lied' about. Because you cant, the truth hurts sav858; and I will leave it to you to let all this spill in. Get back to answering to me when you graduate high school kid
Quote:
I was just pointing out some made up facts by ironcouger and Ghost's double standards, if that's defensive then fine.
I have not practiced double standard; it is slanderous of you to continue saying such ludicrous things
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Horton Plaza is a very upscale mall right in the heart of the city and the Gas Lamp District is an extremely lively nightime district that rivals anything else Ive seen on the west coast as far as nightlife is concerned.
Can you truly say it can rival anything in SF Bay? Maybe it can rival L.A [LOL] but I dont believe it can touch SF Bay or Seattle for that matter
Quote:
Overall, I would agree that Downtown Seattle is probably has more activity overall.
By far, I do not see competition. Seattle is at least a Benz and S.D is a Kia [LOL]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City