Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: London or New York
London 53 42.06%
New York City 73 57.94%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 06:10 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,089,126 times

Advertisements

Lol i dont know how we can take mike seriously anymore. This a guy who downplayed 9/11 and tried to belittle new york for being a hotspot for terrorist attacks COME ON LIKE, REALLY??????

Old 11-17-2010, 06:19 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,402,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
Lol i dont know how we can take mike seriously anymore. This a guy who downplayed 9/11 and tried to belittle new york for being a hotspot for terrorist attacks COME ON LIKE, REALLY??????
The claims that nyc is a hotspot for terrorist attacks pretty much shows how dominant of a city it is.

Also even posters from Chicago claim mike&ike is a troll the city that we tend to argue with a lot. ENOUGH SAID.

Old 11-17-2010, 06:39 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,089,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
Also even posters from Chicago claim mike&ike is a troll the city that we tend to argue with a lot. ENOUGH SAID.
Ya your right

When i ride the nyc transit everyday i think about the possibility of a terrorist attack, im sure alot of other nyers do aswell. You think thats going to stop us or hinder us in anyway? Na this is new york and nyers arent going to stop enjoying and living in this city just because of terrorist period. So idk why he typed what he typed

Old 11-17-2010, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
Ya your right

When i ride the nyc transit everyday i think about the possibility of a terrorist attack, im sure alot of other nyers do aswell. You think thats going to stop us or hinder us in anyway? Na this is new york and nyers arent going to stop enjoying and living in this city just because of terrorist period. So idk why he typed what he typed
i actually think terrorist are smart. eventually they will be tired of going after ny and attacking a American city that was not prepared at all.

Old 11-17-2010, 09:17 PM

410 posts, read 633,615 times
This seems kinda unfair because most of us are generally from the US in this forum and we would usually choose NYC. Thats just me though

Old 11-17-2010, 10:29 PM

1,060 posts, read 1,557,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadruple or Nothing View Post
4. I'd much rather hear American accents then British ones....
Obviously you're not a chick. Just go to any bar in Manhattan and watch as the girls flock to even average looking dudes with a British or Australian accent.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:36 PM

25 posts, read 30,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendu View Post
Obviously you're not a chick. Just go to any bar in Manhattan and watch as the girls flock to even average looking dudes with a British or Australian accent.

WELL DUH that happens in America. People are intrigued by "different".

Someone with an American accent will be flocked onto in London as well. Common sense. Whenever I'm in London (or any other city in the world), I get lots of attention because I'm an American and have an American accent.

And on a more negative another note -- British people are amongst the most unattractive group of people in the world. Busted teeth included.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendu View Post
as a person that worked security that is not all really true just partially. Because a lot of the British peeps who come here act like drunk fools. Most of the fights i had to stop in my job were British folks.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:50 PM

Has the internet come to this, where every frigging post has to have an emoticon or people can't tell when you're just messing around with someone?

Old 11-17-2010, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
Because a lot of the British peeps who come here act like drunk fools. Most of the fights i had to stop in my job were British folks.
Actually totally agree with you there. No sarcasm, drunk Brits are ruining many cities I love...they organize stag parties abroad and their main motivation is to get wasted, disrespect the locals, walk out on bills, stiff waitresses, get in fights and end up in jail.

British stag party carnage exposed - Telegraph
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City