Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 01:01 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,357,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
you represent atlanta??? well newsflash atlanta is known for having the hugest nyc nut riders in the country.

Other southern cities laugh at you guys for it and use it as mockery against you people. Not to mention atlanta is a vacation to new yorkers.

Are you aware how many new yorkers make money buying clothes from africans in canal street and going to atlanta to sell to people?

Thats how much fashion trust you atl folks have towards new yorkers.
You need to take this comedy act on the road - to Miami, perhaps.

Get a clue, and at the same time, get OVER yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2010, 01:03 AM

6,836 posts, read 15,401,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
I'm basing it on remarks like this:

"Thats what you think. It sucks because i have mad friends in pg county who immediately make me not believe you."

It would seem that certain New Yorkers think that the rest of us live and breathe by what they think is "fashionable."

Even though I know some people that have amazing fashion sense, that's not the real world.
you obviously cant read then. my post implies i know many maryland folks who will disprove this.

Are you saying its my fault that i know plenty of people from pg county who always have nyc on their fantasy list? Nope it is what it is. Most of the pg county folks i talk to breathe and eat nyc. Maybe their the stereotype.

once again your from atlanta you have no right to speak on who isnt looking at nyc style.

altanta people are number 1 @ it.

Old 12-02-2010, 01:05 AM

Quote:
You need to take this comedy act on the road - to Miami, perhaps.

Get a clue, and at the same time, get OVER yourself.
Atlanta rides nyc so much that they even sell brooklyn shirts down their.

Now isn't that something weird lol. Go pay visit to vinnie styles.

How do you sell Brooklyn shirts in a city nowhere near Brooklyn. They dont even sell Brooklyn shirts in jersey and their right across the Hudson from us.

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Old 12-02-2010, 01:05 AM

10,106 posts, read 9,954,859 times
Quote:
i never said that i know where pg and baltimore is. But i have many contacts in pg who disprove this, and its funny cause pg/dc cats call Baltimore people bums.
I personally dont care what anybody in DC has to say about they way people dress here. Ive personally seen the outdated NYC look as recent as 2 weeks ago.. a bunch of NYers rockin timbs and jumpsuits .. then the bummy dudes dress str8 out of a M.O.P. video circa 2001.

Old 12-02-2010, 01:06 AM

If brooklyn shirts were in still in style , and i wanted a new color that they did not sell in nyc then i can easily fly to atlanta and look at their stocks of Brooklyn shirts. LMFAO.

Old 12-02-2010, 01:07 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,357,654 times
Quote:
you obviously cant read then. my post implies i know many maryland folks who will disprove this.

Are you saying its my fault that i know plenty of people from pg county who always have nyc on their fantasy list? Nope it is what it is. Most of the pg county folks i talk to breathe and eat nyc. Maybe their the stereotype.

once again your from atlanta you have no right to speak on who isnt looking at nyc style.

altanta people are number 1 @ it.
Take this crap elsewhere.

For people that are obsessed with this, I know more people that shop in London for clothes than they do in New York. We have pretty much the same stores here as you do - why would they go there?

It's pretty obvious you don't get out of town very often.

Old 12-02-2010, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRedd View Post
I personally dont care what anybody in DC has to say about they way people dress here. Ive personally seen the outdated NYC look as recent as 2 weeks ago.. a bunch of NYers rockin timbs and jumpsuits .. then the bummy dudes dress str8 out of a M.O.P. video circa 2001.
Remember you seen that in your city not up here. Why do non new yorkers get so touched by nyc style that they think every single person in nyc is fly.

not really. we just have the most but not everyone here is fly, and a bummy new yorker could go to Baltimore and feel comfy. up here he would get roasted on.

Thank you for treating him nice.

Old 12-02-2010, 01:10 AM

Quote:

For people that are obsessed with this, I know more people that shop in London for clothes than they do in New York. We have pretty much the same stores here as you do - why would they go there?

i get out of town more then you. lets not go their. and i go to places that are not hyped up by city data. i know where to go you don't.

dont get mad that i know people who disprove your claims.

Old 12-02-2010, 01:13 AM

Quote:

atlanta folks dont come here. They either give the millions of new yorkers money to go up their and buy or they wait for the new yorkers to come down with bags of clothes knowing new yorkers will sell it for cheaper then the stores.

Johnatl its obvious you are not in the streets. You live in a fantasy land called 5th avenue. I know two homeless people right now in nyc - lower east side who make money just by taking buses to Atlanta to sell clothes to people.

Sucks?

Old 12-02-2010, 01:14 AM

10,106 posts, read 9,954,859 times
Quote:
Remember you seen that in your city not up here. Why do non new yorkers get so touched by nyc style that they think every single person in nyc is fly.

not really. we just have the most but not everyone here is fly, and a bummy new yorker could go to Baltimore and feel comfy. up here he would get roasted on.

Thank you for treating him nice.
them saying they were from NY and having a NY accent kinda gave it away. lmao@ timbs and jumpsuits, i cant make this stuff up...only NYers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City