Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Most unique personalities, and overall character
NYers 50 27.17%
New English 8 4.35%
Phillies 11 5.98%
Washingtonians 23 12.50%
Atlantans 18 9.78%
SoFloridians 5 2.72%
NOLAns 3 1.63%
Texans(Houston and DFW) 21 11.41%
Angelinos 5 2.72%
Franciscans 8 4.35%
Clevelanders 4 2.17%
Chicagans 16 8.70%
Detroiters 8 4.35%
Cascadians 4 2.17%
Voters: 184. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 09:33 AM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,730,128 times

Advertisements

honestly i don't give a damn what somebody from detroit, houston or atl says.
nyers clearly have the flyest swagger. hell, the word fly in slang form comes from ny.

the amount of slang borrowed from ny, the fashion, the music, etc. says enough. the whole world was on our collective sack with this hip hop movement stuff for a good two decades, as well.

and all the mafia movies? thats us.
you see ppl rocking yankees hats in your cities (go ahead and lie about it like you're living under a rock). thats us.
all these cities trying to compare themselves, or rather the ppl in these cities comparing their cities to ny on and offline? there is a reason behind that.
you watch the ball drop on tv? thats us.
you watch that thanksgiving day parade stuff? us.
cable news stations not named cnn are headquartered here.

you get your swagger from us directly or indirectly, period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2011, 09:37 AM
eek

put it this way.

you can name streets in our city. you can name most if not all boroughs. you can tell us more about the things in our city than we could about your cities...for a reason.

the fact that you know more about us says a lot. you're admiring from afar because you know.
we come down/across/up to where you are and scoop up your women off the strength of how we sound, walk and dress.

you come here and nobody cares one way or the other.

it is what it is.

Old 01-07-2011, 09:41 AM

1,666 posts, read 2,839,710 times
lol and then there is this

Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
nyers clearly have the flyest swagger. hell, the word fly in slang form comes from ny.

the amount of slang borrowed from ny, the fashion, the music, etc. says enough. the whole world was on our collective sack with this hip hop movement stuff for a good two decades, as well.

you see ppl rocking yankees hats in your cities (go ahead and lie about it like you're living under a rock). thats us.
all these cities trying to compare themselves, or rather the ppl in these cities comparing their cities to ny on and offline? there is a reason behind that.

Old 01-07-2011, 09:43 AM

3,645 posts, read 8,308,704 times
Quote:

No Sir, its WHite Sox. I've seen plenty of out of towners with White sox hats

Old 01-07-2011, 09:43 AM
eek

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
I know...was j/k but I didn't mean you when I said NYers point out only soulja boy and flocka and other non-lyrical artists from the south (I think I said that in my post) but I see it way too much on here from other NYers who constantly will use those artists to say "ALL southern artist are trash"
the majority of southern hip hop artists are trash.

with that said, they have something going for them that WE currently do not have. they are able to break into the game, get buzz, spins on the radio and on tv, etc.

currently we are not able to do so.

so nobody here can hate, really. if you're gonna hate then do something about it. change the situation or be quiet. ny laid down and let others take our own ****, our own bar structure, for a min our own "sound" as far as production, and let them sell off of our own ****.

didn't try to come with something new, nothing. just a bunch of in fighting.

so really nyers can't say a thing, IMHO. the majority of our artists are doomed to being mixtape artists if that.

its gonna take more than a few 38-44 year olds to save our niche in hip hop. we're gonna need groups and movements like we had before. like the south currently has. its gonna take posse cuts like the south currently has.

Old 01-07-2011, 09:45 AM
eek

Quote:
Originally Posted by mas23 View Post
No Sir, its WHite Sox. I've seen plenty of out of towners with White sox hats(more then cubs)
the white sox hat thing, the reds, i might be missing one or two others (i think phillies and i know i'm missing another one. maybe pirates.), are gang related.

ppl aren't copping those hats for anything other than representing a gang whether they are a part of it or putting on a front.

Old 01-07-2011, 09:50 AM
eek

back on this hip hop thing for a min. its sad that the only ppl from here doing well are...

nicki minaj and...

*struggles to think*
*draws a blank*

*gives up*

and she doesn't even rep us like that IMO. her style is bubble gum pop, she barely raps, when she does rap its not in her own voice/accent, she's *too* made up, etc. etc.

whatever happened to rappers rapping in regular clothes? are we really gonna go back to:

Old 01-07-2011, 09:54 AM

3,645 posts, read 8,308,704 times
Quote:
the white sox hat thing, the reds, i might be missing one or two others (i think phillies and i know i'm missing another one. maybe pirates.), are gang related.

ppl aren't copping those hats for anything other than representing a gang whether they are a part of it or putting on a front.
No. Although Gang members are known for wearing all those teams (including the braves and Astros) just cause you wear a White Sox hat does not mean your necessarily in a gang. I've seen plenty of middle aged men and women wearing it

Old 01-07-2011, 09:57 AM

1,909 posts, read 3,781,709 times
White sox hats got big in the 90's, same with raiders hats, and those "X" hats

Old 01-07-2011, 09:58 AM
eek

i promise you that if you look things up by sales, yankees hats far outnumber the sales of white sox hats.
this thread is about swagger, which is almost exclusively being tied to youth, in this case (in this thread).
so in *this* case, i'm telling you, ppl rocking white sox fitteds aren't doing it for style purposes, nine times out of ten.

and middle aged men/women that are rocking white sox fitteds probably follow baseball. they gotta be from that area.

its like trying to find mets fans outside of queens. if you see somebody with a mets fitted on outside of ny there's a 99% chance they're from ny.

the sox are just not that good and haven't been recently to warrant purchasing of their stuff from ppl outside of chicago/the midwest like how the south outside of tx loves the cowboys, how ppl across the country rock yankees hats, how ppl will (maybe not as much as before) rock chicago bulls stuff, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City