Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is DC the most powerful city in the US?
No 213 66.15%
Yes 109 33.85%
Voters: 322. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 08:08 PM

1,103 posts, read 2,261,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
And u know this how Nobody shares your opinion but delusional DC residents. Regular people see nyc as being more powerful,city-data posters see nyc as being more powerful, people who rank cities see nyc as being more powerful

And people keep saying wall st wall st wall st. Wall St is not the only reason nyc is a powerful city lol
we're not delusional in dc at all. we're the most educated metro area in the country so we have a little common sense. but i mean really, where do you hear regular people saying ny is more powerful than dc? it's not a question i go around asking people but i'd suspect that the general population of americans would say dc is the most powerful city not only in the country, but the world. and a city-data poll isn't exactly the best source to use as an argument.

i don't know anything about these powerful city rankings though. the only thing that comes up is the most economically powerful cities, which doesn't mean it's actually the most powerful city. i think it goes more like nyc has money, dc has power.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2011, 08:20 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,090,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticGermanicPride View Post
we're not delusional in dc at all. we're the most educated metro area in the country so we have a little common sense. but i mean really, where do you hear regular people saying ny is more powerful than dc? it's not a question i go around asking people but i'd suspect that the general population of americans would say dc is the most powerful city not only in the country, but the world. and a city-data poll isn't exactly the best source to use as an argument.

i don't know anything about these powerful city rankings though. the only thing that comes up is the most economically powerful cities, which doesn't mean it's actually the most powerful city. i think it goes more like nyc has money, dc has power.
Money=Power. Nyc is the cash cow of America. DC is simply the location the united states decided to put its government nothing less,nothing more. The city of DC is not as powerful as NYC. Not even close. LA and Chicago are more precious to America than DC is

Nobody would say Albany is more powerful than nyc,sacremento more powerful than LA or san fransico..... Nobody would say dc is a more powerful city than ny

Old 03-05-2011, 10:23 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,534,629 times
k.o.n.y droppin some science!

Old 03-05-2011, 10:48 PM

1,405 posts, read 2,449,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
Money=Power. Nyc is the cash cow of America. DC is simply the location the united states decided to put its government nothing less,nothing more. The city of DC is not as powerful as NYC. Not even close. LA and Chicago are more precious to America than DC is

Nobody would say Albany is more powerful than nyc,sacremento more powerful than LA or san fransico..... Nobody would say dc is a more powerful city than ny
. . . that's pretty much the end of this thread.

Old 03-05-2011, 10:58 PM

10,106 posts, read 9,963,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuddedLeather View Post
. . . that's pretty much the end of this thread.
thats true, but the question is: who has power over the money, NYC or DC?

Old 03-06-2011, 12:29 AM

239 posts, read 305,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRedd View Post
thats true, but the question is: who has power over the money, NYC or DC?
Technically Albany has "power" over NYC's money. Is Albany the most powerful city in New York?

Technically Sacramento has "power" over San Francisco and Los Angeles' money. Is Sacramento the most powerful city in California?

Whether you DC homers like it or not, NYC is more powerful than DC. NYC has way more money, NYC is way more influential, NYC is the cultural capital of America. As K.O.N.Y. so eloquently said, Money = Power. The End.

Old 03-06-2011, 12:33 AM

10,106 posts, read 9,963,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAC NY View Post
Technically Albany has "power" over NYC's money. Is Albany the most powerful city in New York?

Technically Sacramento has "power" over San Francisco and Los Angeles' money. Is Sacramento the most powerful city in California?

Whether you DC homers like it or not, NYC is more powerful than DC. NYC has way more money, NYC is way more influential, NYC is the cultural capital of America. As K.O.N.Y. so eloquently said, Money = Power. The End.
i dont have a dog in this fight

Old 03-06-2011, 02:54 AM

1,854 posts, read 4,921,337 times
This is one poll where I wish there was a "maybe" option.

Old 03-06-2011, 10:25 AM

13,727 posts, read 15,751,203 times
This is crazy. Power equals decision making. In your household, the woman keeps the books (NYC) and the man makes the final decision (DC). The man takes the womans opinion into consideration but that's it. He makes the decision. Now, NYC has been given a lot of power. But, what is given can be taken. DC is the judge and jury. NYC is the lawyer. You can try to convince DC but we can dismantle you if we please. DC could sell NYC to a new country if it wanted to. People in NYC would move out that city like it had the plague. Remember, NYC would not be as appealing if it wasn't in America. I think its time people woke up.

Old 03-06-2011, 12:16 PM

239 posts, read 305,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDAllstar View Post
This is crazy. Power equals decision making. In your household, the woman keeps the books (NYC) and the man makes the final decision (DC). The man takes the womans opinion into consideration but that's it. He makes the decision. Now, NYC has been given a lot of power. But, what is given can be taken. DC is the judge and jury. NYC is the lawyer. You can try to convince DC but we can dismantle you if we please. DC could sell NYC to a new country if it wanted to. People in NYC would move out that city like it had the plague. Remember, NYC would not be as appealing if it wasn't in America. I think its time people woke up.
LOL. You couldn't be more delusional if you tried.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City