Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ...........
DC 49 44.95%
ATL 49 44.95%
Tied 11 10.09%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 02:48 PM

5,347 posts, read 10,162,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I'm mad that grown people in Atlanta are still going to step shows and band battles.
This!

Old 06-18-2011, 02:54 PM

1,666 posts, read 2,842,169 times
Quote:
I'm mad that grown people in Atlanta are still going to step shows and band battles.
Whats wrong with that grown people that do go to step shows are usually greek and also Lots of grown people have kids in the College Bands so they either go to support there kids that are in the band or they take there youngs ones who want to see the bands or they go to support the band they may have a been in when they were in College ( alumni) Its not unusual.

Old 06-18-2011, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
This!
People in DC do the same thing As a matter fact I know some that were here for greek picnic and they were at step shows. The DC people also travel to philly to when they have there greek weekend..

Old 06-18-2011, 03:04 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,872,540 times
Quote:
You don't have to go to the actual events to participate in the nightlife events that occur because of them. I thought that was a pretty well-known unwritten rule.

Old 06-18-2011, 03:18 PM

2,848 posts, read 6,439,496 times
Events in Atlanta draw all kinds. Something like Dragon Con draws a huge number of geeks to town many of whom are into stuff like techno and rave. BET Soul Train Awards brings a whole week of parties of all kinds. While something like the Peach Bowl or SEC Championship will have many of the sports bars packed. You have gigantic import and domestic car shows, etc. I'm aware D.C. has plenty of huge events but I think the ones in Atlanta have a more direct impact on nightlife.

Old 06-18-2011, 03:29 PM

Hmmm. Somebody brought up Taboo Lounge in Atlanta as a nice Lounge for relaxing and it is. But I wonder what's going on with this?

YouTube - ‪TAB2‬‏

Old 06-18-2011, 03:56 PM

32,108 posts, read 34,732,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galounger View Post
I'm aware D.C. has plenty of huge events but I think the ones in Atlanta have a more direct impact on nightlife.
I can believe that. It's like "Heeeeeey....me and my gurl, Peaches, we going down to the Georgia Dome to watch these bands then Heeeeyyy!!!!! I just got paid because it's Fridaaaaay, you know what I'm sayin', and I'm about to get my hair did and hit Club 112 tonight to get me a Ballllllerrrrr!! Holllllerrrrrr!!!!!!!"

Atlanta is like taking Harlem, West Philly, Detroit, Pensacola, and Memphis, mixing it all up in a bowl with steroids, and then injecting it into the local black population there.

LOL. I'm just messin' with you guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
You don't have to go to the actual events to participate in the nightlife events that occur because of them. I thought that was a pretty well-known unwritten rule.
And how are those advertised? Lemme guess.

[Picture of half naked woman popping a bottle between her legs with the residue showering the Atlanta skyline in the background]

"Ayyyyyyy, it's your boy right here, it's going down tonight at the Warehouse. Only for the Grown and Sexy!!!!! 18 to Chill, 21 to Spilllll!!!!!!!!! LADIES ARE FREE B4 MIDNITE!!!!! You hear me ladies??? Y'ALL ARE FREE B4 MIDNITE!!! Fellas!!! $10 before 11:30, $20 after midnight!!! NO ATHLETIC GEAR!!!! Let me repeat NO ATHLETIC GEAR!!! We got nothing but top shelf liquor....Ciroc, Alizay, Belvedere!!!! It's the OFFICIAL 2011 Alpha-Kappa Step Showdown After Party brought to you by Jermaine Dupri, Frank Ski and ATL Entertainment. We bout to do it REAL BIG and if you can't do it REAL BIG like Manny Fresh then you besta not be in the club!!!!

Last edited by BajanYankee; 06-18-2011 at 04:11 PM..

Old 06-18-2011, 05:19 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,951,348 times
Quote:
I can believe that. It's like "Heeeeeey....me and my gurl, Peaches, we going down to the Georgia Dome to watch these bands then Heeeeyyy!!!!! I just got paid because it's Fridaaaaay, you know what I'm sayin', and I'm about to get my hair did and hit Club 112 tonight to get me a Ballllllerrrrr!! Holllllerrrrrr!!!!!!!"

Atlanta is like taking Harlem, West Philly, Detroit, Pensacola, and Memphis, mixing it all up in a bowl with steroids, and then injecting it into the local black population there.

[Picture of half naked woman popping a bottle between her legs with the residue showering the Atlanta skyline in the background]

"Ayyyyyyy, it's your boy right here, it's going down tonight at the Warehouse. Only for the Grown and Sexy!!!!! 18 to Chill, 21 to Spilllll!!!!!!!!! LADIES ARE FREE B4 MIDNITE!!!!! You hear me ladies??? Y'ALL ARE FREE B4 MIDNITE!!! Fellas!!! $10 before 11:30, $20 after midnight!!! NO ATHLETIC GEAR!!!! Let me repeat NO ATHLETIC GEAR!!! We got nothing but top shelf liquor....Ciroc, Alizay, Belvedere!!!! It's the OFFICIAL 2011 Alpha-Kappa Step Showdown After Party brought to you by Jermaine Dupri, Frank Ski and ATL Entertainment. We bout to do it REAL BIG and if you can't do it REAL BIG like Manny Fresh then you besta not be in the club!!!!
That's pretty much how it goes here in Charlotte.

Old 06-19-2011, 07:34 AM

There's lots to do for entertainment in Atlanta besides hip hop clubs. The lack of party districts has many of you thinking otherwise and that does cause you to have to search a little more. But, with just a little effort you can usually find all kinds of interesting things poping off here.

At the Fox Theater Earlier this month

YouTube - ‪Miami All Stars ~ America's Got Talent 2011, Atlanta Auditions‬‏

YouTube - ‪Team iLuminate ~ America's Got Talent 2011, Atlanta Auditions‬‏

Filming at Atlanta Civic Center now.

YouTube - ‪Family Feud - Devils & Angels‬‏

Lenox Square last month American Idol Top 4 Concert

YouTube - ‪Bennie and the Jets (Haley Reinhart) Atlanta, GA 5/28/11‬‏

DragonCon Every Labor Day Weekend

YouTube - ‪DRAGONCON 2010‬‏

Every 1st Thursday at Varsity

YouTube - ‪The Varsity‬‏

This is just a sample ofcourse.

Old 06-19-2011, 07:57 AM

Quote:

You are funny lol.... I have seen that before
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City