Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which place is better for me?
Twin cities area 37 57.81%
Denver area 27 42.19%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 05:18 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,695,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDborn View Post
Basically by snow days I just mean days when it snow. I think Minneapolis has 40, Denver has 36. I'm not sure about ice though.
On average, Denver snows more than Minneapolis/St.Paul, but it melts within 2-4 days. If its a bad storm, it could last for a week or so its not that bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2011, 05:19 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,071,537 times
It is over now, but for the longest time, the AVS held the longest sellout streak in the NHL!!!

Old 07-08-2011, 08:16 PM

5,509 posts, read 11,872,410 times
^Same with the Wild!

If you are from the East Coast, Minneapolis feels more urban/Eastern than Denver. St. Paul is officially "Eastern" and Minneapolis is "Western", if you use the Mississippi as your dividing line. That being said, Denver and Minneapolis are built somewhat similarly....St. Paul as well, but definitely older overall and feels more like Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan or Wisconsin than Colorado, architecturally-speaking. Minneapolis-St. Paul is an older, more established city and that may fit better with you if you're coming from an area with an older "feel". If you are looking for "hipper", newer, and a more "transplanty" feel -- go with Denver (culturally-speaking).

Note: "transplanty" is sort of a paradox -- it's good because it attracts young, smart, hip people.....but bad if you enjoy culture and SOME "homogenaity". It is not unique to Denver, and Minneapolis definitely has its fair share of transplants (for the record).

Old 07-11-2011, 02:52 PM

1,873 posts, read 4,409,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyVaz1009 View Post
For outdoor activities and scenery... Denver basically takes a nuke and blows the Twin Cities to pieces on that one.
Okay... again, like I said, I'm not a huge outdoorsy girl. The most I do is go to the beach, picnics, maybe some hiking.

But Denver, better scenery?
Good thing I swallowed my beverage before reading that, or it would've ended up all over my laptop screen, let's put it that way.....

Old 07-11-2011, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesconsinite View Post
Okay... again, like I said, I'm not a huge outdoorsy girl. The most I do is go to the beach, picnics, maybe some hiking.

Good thing I swallowed my beverage before reading that, or it would've ended up all over my laptop screen, let's put it that way.....
Well it depends on what kind of scenery you like.

Old 07-11-2011, 03:05 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,071,537 times
Of course Denver has better scenery than the tc. This is so ridiculous that it should not even be mentioned! There is not one thing in the whole state of Minnesota that can compete with the views of the Rockies from Denver, or even the view from Red Rocks Amphitheatre! Does Minnesota have that big ball of thread? Or is that Wisconsin?

Old 07-11-2011, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesconsinite View Post

Are you joking? Either you haven't been to denver, Your really bias, or thats your honest opinion. I guess i can't speak for you though.

Old 07-11-2011, 04:52 PM

252 posts, read 492,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilehiDenver View Post
Of course Denver has better scenery than the tc. This is so ridiculous that it should not even be mentioned! There is not one thing in the whole state of Minnesota that can compete with the views of the Rockies from Denver, or even the view from Red Rocks Amphitheatre! Does Minnesota have that big ball of thread? Or is that Wisconsin?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
Are you joking? Either you haven't been to denver, Your really bias, or thats your honest opinion. I guess i can't speak for you though.
The natural scenery west of Denver is stunning. The same can't be said about the scenery in the opposite direction.

Minnesota has beautiful areas throughout the state, but obviously nothing like the Rockies. Then again, Colorado has nothing like the Boundary Waters.

Old 07-11-2011, 08:35 PM

2,330 posts, read 3,809,098 times
I like mountains, I grew up around them and miss them, but they aren't the only form of natural scenery that is beautiful.

Minnesota is very lush and green, it has lakes everywhere. Mississippi Bluff country has a rugged beauty that people don't expect in this part of the country. Lake Superior and the northwoods areas of the state are gorgeous. The hills along the north shore are comperable to the Berkshires in Massachusetts and make for a very nice enviornment. Obviously there is nothing like the Rockies here but we sill have a lot of good stuff. In general Minnesota (along with Wisconsin and Michigan) is underrated for natural beauty because the rest of the Midwest is so boring.

Old 07-11-2011, 10:34 PM

1,873 posts, read 4,409,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
I'm not overly impressed by mountains. Not unless there are lots of greenery and lakes surrounding them. Which is why I love places like Vermont, Pennsylvania, and Washington State. I'm not impressed by Montana, Colorado, etc.

But I don't need mountains. I think bluffs are pretty enough. We have those in Southeastern Minnesota and Southern Wisconsin.

And I don't get all this "bias" talk. You're all apparently just miffed I don't agree with you guys. I guess if I agreed with you everything would be fine, right? I wouldn't be "biased"? lol
Using that logic, your opinion is obviously "biased" against Minnesota. Interesting how my description says I live near the Twin Cities area and your description says you live in Colorado.... How much quality time have you spent here in this area? I think maybe you're accusing me of the very thing you're being yourself.
And to answer your question, yes I've been to Denver.

Denver is not the Rockies.

It's Denver vs. TC. The heart of two major cities. We're not comparing TC to a mountain range. That'd be like apples to oranges anyway. That'd be like "mountains or the Florida Keys."

Last edited by MSPLove; 07-11-2011 at 10:42 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City