Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Better economic prospects?
California 9 26.47%
Texas 25 73.53%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 07:15 PM

18 posts, read 20,100 times

Advertisements

Which state is more likely to have a better economy in the long run? California or Texas?

I argue Texas because unlike California's industries, they aren't likely to be outsourced to India, China, or require millions of illegal Mexicans to work on it. Also, California is in an irreversible decline, but Texas is on the up and up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2011, 08:04 PM

1,800 posts, read 3,914,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northeasternlove View Post
Which state is more likely to have a better economy in the long run? California or Texas?

I argue Texas because unlike California's industries, they aren't likely to be outsourced to India, China, or require millions of illegal Mexicans to work on it. Also, California is in an irreversible decline, but Texas is on the up and up
Pollster

Old 08-02-2011, 08:08 PM

Wow, this has to be the most lopsided poll in City Data history! 4-0

California v Texas: America's future | The Economist

America's Future

Old 08-02-2011, 08:15 PM
rah

3,314 posts, read 9,240,809 times
So the Texas boosters and Pollster's various different accounts have teamed up together on the poll. That's supposed to mean something?

Old 08-02-2011, 08:28 PM

I'm sorry, I don't really have a degree in math, but I do believe that 7 is a larger number than 1.

I'm sure you're also counting California's shrinking economy, while Texas' is growing. Good work. Being defensive really will fix the problems of your state!

Old 08-02-2011, 09:25 PM

611 posts, read 1,601,526 times
Hey pollster, you're not fooling anyone.
Seriously, what's your obsession with trying to "put" California in its place all about? You keep telling us to accept the fact that we're inferior and move on yet I don't see a single thread started by a California poster boasting about our superiority over anyone. Your lame attempts to constantly stir up negativity for California is getting really old and quite frankly it's pathetic. No one took you seriously the first time, and it's not going to work the second time either. (notheasternlove) Trying to reason and debate with you is impossible because you will NEVER get it. You're so stuck in your delirious views and only believe what you want to believe.

Whats even more puzzling to me is the amount of hate someone can have for a place they admit they've never even been to. Go find a new hobby instead of constantly bashing a place you haven't even experienced.

Last edited by Nightscape; 08-02-2011 at 09:37 PM..

Old 08-02-2011, 09:54 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,411,374 times
I take an amicus position and decry California's current business environment. Tough love. Yes I voted for Texas but I am at odds with the OP on a number of other issues.

Old 08-02-2011, 10:09 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,871,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northeasternlove View Post
Wow, this has to be the most lopsided poll in City Data history! 4-0

California v Texas: America's future | The Economist

America's Future
Haha, you're so butthurt as to how badly your other polls blew up in your face... jeez man, you need to get some friends or a girlfriend or something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City