Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 08:37 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times

Advertisements

I know this is an older thread that only got bumped by that stupid spam post, but I had to stop in and say that Nashville is THE secret celebrity hangout. No, it's not just country music folks either.

Many rock and pop musicians have either settled here or have second homes here. Pro athletes have retired here. TV actors, including soap stars, live here. Current and former race car drivers, sportscasters etc.

They like it because it's a good place to raise a family and a great place to "be normal" without getting mobbed by fans or paparazzi.

If I named names, I'd get kicked out though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2012, 08:44 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
If I named names, I'd get kicked out though.
Our buxom friend Dolly Parton lives there, or near there, right? I think that's a given. I would also imagine country music's biggest stars would live nearby.

Old 03-25-2012, 09:21 PM

2,314 posts, read 4,798,905 times
If we're talking about the entertainment industry, New York and Los Angeles are #1.

After that (way down after that, that is) is Miami.

Cities like Chicago and cities in Texas have sparse celebrities, mainly those that have roots there, but not a significant amount.

Chicago has "celebrities", but only well knowns in other industries like business, education, and culinary.

Old 03-26-2012, 05:57 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Our buxom friend Dolly Parton lives there, or near there, right? I think that's a given. I would also imagine country music's biggest stars would live nearby.
She has a house here where her husband (who HATES the spotlight) lives full time, but Dolly is primarily based in LA now and has been for a long time.

Of course country's biggest stars live here. But other musicians like Sheryl Crow, Michael McDonald and Jack White are based in Nashville now. Just to name a couple.

Kid Rock has a home here, since his son attends college here. Peter Frampton has a house here but lives in Cincinnati. You never know what rock legend might be living in your neighborhood!

Old 03-26-2012, 10:21 AM

1,580 posts, read 2,898,951 times
I think LA and NYC are the two biggest. After that, there are a fair number all over the place. Atlanta has a good many from the music industry, Miami has lots of celebs who want good weather and a "scene", Nashville has a lot for country music, New Orleans has a good many that are there for the unique atmosphere the city offers.

And of course lots of the rich and famous have places in Colorado to ski, or ranches in places like Montana or Wyoming to get away from it all.

But really, there are somewhat famous people everywhere. Little old Charlottesville is home to author John Grisham, former NFL player and current commentator Howie Long, actress Sissy Spacek, members of the Dave Matthews Band, and probably many others I can't recall right now.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:40 AM

1,868 posts, read 3,068,288 times
Nashville has quite a number, mostly music related stars. Nicole Kidman also lives there seeing as how she's married to Keith Urban. I remember going to a sushi place in Brentwood a few years ago and being seated at a table next to them. It was kind of awkward.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:56 AM

65 posts, read 71,822 times
Obviously NYC is right up there with LA. Hellooo...

Old 03-26-2012, 05:00 PM

1,449 posts, read 2,188,334 times
Miami, Atlanta, NYC and Vegas are the ones that stick out

Old 03-26-2012, 05:05 PM

7,890 posts, read 11,410,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafster View Post
If we're talking about the entertainment industry, New York and Los Angeles are #1.

After that (way down after that, that is) is Miami.

Cities like Chicago and cities in Texas have sparse celebrities, mainly those that have roots there, but not a significant amount.

Chicago has "celebrities", but only well knowns in other industries like business, education, and culinary.
DFW has an abundance of golf pro with Fla high up that list too. Golfers are smart enough to look for states with no income taxes and a long golf season while celebs well who knows why they pick someplace to live....their talent seems to be their looks

Old 03-26-2012, 05:12 PM

637 posts, read 1,015,802 times
New York City probably has more than Los Angeles...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City