Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is better?
Toronto 160 53.87%
Atlanta 137 46.13%
Voters: 297. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 08:29 AM

1,635 posts, read 2,712,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebck120 View Post
REP for above from me as well. I don't understand this comparison, Toronto overall blows Atlanta as a city.

Ive lived in Atlanta in Midtown... worst city amongst the cities ive lived in ( Dc, NYC, Chicago, SF). I have to state where in Atlanta because afonega will say I lived in the burbs and I have to state what cities I lived because agonega will say I'm haven't travelled enough.

atlanta is like tysons corner, bellevue, San Mateo, and evanston (all very nice urban suburbs) put together to make a city.
Watch out. They might get mad at you for sharing your opinion. They also might even call you a "cheerleader".

Old 12-29-2012, 08:39 AM

3,247 posts, read 9,050,177 times
Atlanta should not embarass itself by going against Toronto

Old 12-29-2012, 09:59 AM

9,067 posts, read 15,794,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjun18 View Post
Watch out. They might get mad at you for sharing your opinion. They also might even call you a "cheerleader".
So you agree with him right?Is that what you are trying to say?

Old 12-29-2012, 10:49 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,910,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaterry78259 View Post
Atlanta should not embarass itself by going against Toronto

No one from Atlanta started this thread we know our lane but since it was already being compared he why not discuss..

Old 12-29-2012, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebck120 View Post
REP for above from me as well. I don't understand this comparison, Toronto overall blows Atlanta as a city.

Ive lived in Atlanta in Midtown... worst city amongst the cities ive lived in ( Dc, NYC, Chicago, SF). I have to state where in Atlanta because afonega will say I lived in the burbs and I have to state what cities I lived because agonega will say I'm haven't travelled enough.

atlanta is like tysons corner, bellevue, San Mateo, and evanston (all very nice urban suburbs) put together to make a city.

And you wonder why people respond the way they do..

Old 12-29-2012, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
Yes it looks just like Tyson Corner as we all can see.Thank You for your input,You are clearly a valued member as what you say is so right on point!!I guess its true,you obviously HAVE lived all over Atlanta!!(I feel a need to tell you that was called sarcasm.I figured you cant tell the difference between a suburb abd a major city,you needed me to explain that too.)

Attachment 105382

Attachment 105385

Attachment 105386

Let us analize why I reply to you guys the way I do.
I have never replied to anyone for clearly not liking any place>I just don't care if you do or don't.What I do care about is when lies,over exaggerations and rantings of people making insultng comments to simply to make themselves look better by trashing what CLEARLY the vast majority of people that DO move here do like it.

I gave opinions about Toronto based on MY viewpoints on the THINGS I like.I did not ,nor ever I will bash Toronto.In fact the ONLY city I have realy evr bashed is CAMDEN,NJ.

I have been a cheerleader for Detroit even BEFORE the current activity with the auto industry.

That said you just make statement just like ANT1531 because you NEED to be heard.You don;t wanna be right,just HEARD.Anybody that calls ALL of Atlanta Tysons Corner,or Evanston,IL is clearly trolling.This is suppose to be a forum.NOT a pulpit for you guy "Feelings" of rejection and need to be validated.NOTHING that some of you state as fact are grounded in REALITY.Your opinions are also suspect.

Miserable people love company that's what I'm learning certain posters they seem to all flock together

Old 12-29-2012, 11:10 AM

1,635 posts, read 2,712,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
Miserable people love company that's what I'm learning certain posters they seem to all flock together
Speaking of flocking together....

Old 12-29-2012, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
She mad at me..LOL.She say she not gonna speak to me again.Maybe because she got caught not knowking what she talking about.I just wanna know if they say the poll is indicative of how great Toronto is then why is it not getting smashed like Atlanta vs Chicago or vs NYC or SF,Montreal,or Boston.Im not surprised by how far those cities were ahead in the poll with nearly more than 70% of the total vote yet in this thread THEY are proud that Toronto only leads by less than 55% of the vote.
I even shocked that its not leading by more even though Toronto is not my cup of tea.

Oh be prepared for the fake accounts to start commenting and voting where Toronto will pull ahead to over 80%LOL
Bless they heart.

Old 12-29-2012, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjun18 View Post
Speaking of flocking together....
Speak..

Old 12-29-2012, 02:03 PM

I thought this was not true so I search all over to verify because its so unbelievable.I was shocked.
I just KNEW Atlanta GDP was not almost as much and by some aaccounting firms more than Toronto,but it is!Then I thought wel maybe it just Toronto the city versus the Atlanta Metro but its actally greater Toronto vs Atlanta metro.Metro vs metro!!

GDP 2010=Ontario's economy grew from $310 billion to $490 billion, an increase of $180 billion
The Toronto metro-region is Canada’s biggest metropolitan economy. It generates almost a fifth of national GDP, and 45% of Ontario’s GDP.

http://http://www.investtoronto.ca/I...-CMA-and-.aspx

http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/..._cities_by_GDP

http://http://www.businessinsider.co...ld-2012-7?op=1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City