Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 04:04 AM

3,147 posts, read 3,500,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
Snow? It's stll mid 50's here tonight.
Give it a month, you will be enjoying bitter cold, Denver will have the mid 50's and no snow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2011, 08:14 AM

3,569 posts, read 7,194,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
Give it a month, you will be enjoying bitter cold, Denver will have the mid 50's and no snow.
Yeah, I guess that's why last year I went to denver on new years there was a big snowstorm and teens but when I arrived in chicago it was on the 60s.

Old 12-04-2011, 08:19 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,517,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
As if that doesn't happen in Chicago. Isn't that the Chicago mantra? If you don't like the weather, just wait 10 minutes? I have seen it go from 55 to -10 in the same day.
so what is it... does Chicago get months and months of subzero weather or does it change really often from "50 to -10" (as people who talk about Denver's weather claim IT changes very often). I'm in awe how much people are obsessed with worrying about weather. We all know what Chicago's winter is. It's a winter that gets a small to modest amount of snow in an average year and gets coldest in jan/feb and hovers around the low to mid 30s most days those two months. Other days its colder, other days its balmy. Woo Hoo. Lets move on now.

Old 12-04-2011, 08:38 AM

504 posts, read 1,270,227 times
Do people actually believe that individual anecdotes represent a cogent argument here? That's kind of scary.

Old 12-04-2011, 09:10 AM

2,561 posts, read 5,810,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alacran View Post
Yeah, I guess that's why last year I went to denver on new years there was a big snowstorm and teens but when I arrived in chicago it was on the 60s.
I actually remember that as I was in Chicago. Everyone in Chicago was so excited over the mild weather ; according to my friends living there that rarely happens. That unusually warm period there is our NORMAL. Nice try on spinning your thread though..FYI the current weather in Denver is probably going to be the worst..possibly one or more deep freezes. When I was splitting time between the Southern California coast and Denver, Denver's daytime highs were occasionally warmer than Laguna Beach. This thread is a pitiful attempt at best..I have spent significant time in Chicago the two places are far from equal comparisons winter weather wise.

Old 12-04-2011, 10:03 AM

6,083 posts, read 10,693,806 times
Chicago wins so many things over Denver because its a much larger city...but if you ask me, Chicago can't win when it comes to weather.

Old 12-04-2011, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock_chalk View Post
Do people actually believe that individual anecdotes represent a cogent argument here? That's kind of scary.

So Denver dipping into sub-freezing temps for a longer range of time than Chicago is not true?

Old 12-04-2011, 11:03 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,923,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alacran View Post
So Denver dipping into sub-freezing temps for a longer range of time than Chicago is not true?
It can be below freezing any day from September to May. It is never below freezing for more than 4-5 days at a time. Ever. And even when it is middle 20's-30's here, it probably feels like what the 40's feel like in Chicago (it's dry here).

Play around on wunderground, you'll see what I mean.

Old 12-04-2011, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
It can be below freezing any day from September to May. It is never below freezing for more than 4-5 days at a time. Ever. And even when it is middle 20's-30's here, it probably feels like what the 40's feel like in Chicago (it's dry here).

Play around on wunderground, you'll see what I mean.
It's not humid cold here.

Old 12-04-2011, 02:24 PM

5,509 posts, read 11,870,451 times
Guys, guys, guys......the both suck equally! You both win! Denver gets milder but the swings would not only drive me crazy and keep snow and ice off of non-mountain terrain, but it would likely cause a lot more colds, flus and other illnesses. Chicago clearly gets colder and stays colder (con), but since it's predictably cooler you can sort of expect snow pack for XX% of the year and that makes it easier to enjoy the winter weather outdoors (if you care to do so). I've lived in cities with icy/snowy winters and cities with rain/sleet/ice/snow and moderate temps during wintertime, and I prefer to be in the ice/snow when it's "cold" (cold = less than 50 degrees). If it's gonna be cool outside, might as well have snow and ice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City