Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city do you like better to live or visit?
San Diego 133 64.56%
Houston 73 35.44%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 02:01 AM

6,202 posts, read 11,447,133 times

Advertisements

San Diego is not world class. L.A. and Houston are.

Old 09-15-2007, 05:56 PM

2,703 posts, read 3,415,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeDog View Post
How about Detroit versus Honolulu? Cleveland versus San Francisco? New York versus Gary, Indiana? In the real world (not these forums where people overvalue cities that most people abhorr) San Diego is so much preferred to Houston it isn't even mentioning in the same breath. Let's see- perfect weather, beaches, accessibility to skiing, or lots and lots of ghettos air polllution and oppressive humidity? Um, I will go with San Diego.
That is why Houston is growing by 180,000 people a year, and SD is growing at a stagnant pace? If you think SD is all glitz and glamor, then you must be living under a rock. To compare Houston to Detroit, Cleveland, and Gary is laughable. To compare SD to Honolulu, San Francisco, and NYC is ****ing outrageous.

Old 09-15-2007, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerilla View Post
If you think SD is all glitz and glamor, then you must be living under a rock.
The glitz and glamour seen from San Diego is coming from L.A. Those spotlights in the sky are not in San Diego but from a HOLLYWOOD premiere!.

Old 09-17-2007, 11:58 AM

102 posts, read 454,837 times
I gotta agree with JakeDog. San Diego wins this by miles and miles. It's not even remotely close for me.

Old 09-17-2007, 11:59 AM

102 posts, read 454,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
The glitz and glamour seen from San Diego is coming from L.A. Those spotlights in the sky are not in San Diego but from a HOLLYWOOD premiere!.
Lets not start an LA/SD debate.

Old 09-17-2007, 01:04 PM

3,073 posts, read 11,573,304 times
Quote:
How about Detroit versus Honolulu? Cleveland versus San Francisco? New York versus Gary, Indiana? In the real world (not these forums where people overvalue cities that most people abhorr) San Diego is so much preferred to Houston it isn't even mentioning in the same breath. Let's see- perfect weather, beaches, accessibility to skiing, or lots and lots of ghettos air polllution and oppressive humidity? Um, I will go with San Diego.
You hush, lol. You have no say in this because you're constantly exploiting Detroit. A city that no on likes but you.

Old 09-17-2007, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicman25 View Post
Lets not start an LA/SD debate.
Why? Are you afraid that San Diego will finally lose to the more desirable Los Angeles? San Diego will never overcome the shadow of L.A. That's why Houston is better.

Old 09-17-2007, 03:27 PM

5,429 posts, read 14,838,516 times
Quote:
You're going to take the postitives of one city and compare to the negatives of the other? Yeah, that's fair. And where are all these supposed ghettos? No more than any other large city. BTW, you don't know much about Houston if you think it's like a Detroit or Gary, IN.

Old 09-17-2007, 03:28 PM

5,429 posts, read 14,838,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunky39 View Post
livin the good life in san diego did somebody mention channelview my hometown?
i am a channelview escapee. i love it here. they got indoor plumbing and everything. im rich. i mean by channelview standards, which is if i got a 55 chevy on blocks in the front yard and a trailer, im somebody nowhatimean? actually i got property here and worked my posterior off to get in a good place. but i want you to know is that i purchased a trailer in pine valley so i would not feel deprived. i have been here since 77 and have yet to see a car in the ditch. i mean that is progress real progress.
stephen s
san diego ca
Channelview is about the worst suburb of Houston, and certainly not typical of the rest of Houston...

Old 09-17-2007, 03:53 PM

2,787 posts, read 11,497,836 times
Quote:
I like this post. I've noticed the same overvaluing on here. In the other thread, Detroit is being portrayed by some to be nice or not so bad. Give me a break. Detroit is a ghetto, dirty, disgusting, crime-ridden, poor, ****hole. Just speaking the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City