Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ...
Denver 194 69.04%
Charlotte 87 30.96%
Voters: 281. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 12:58 PM

1,909 posts, read 3,781,709 times

Advertisements

I'd rather live in Charlotte and take summer trips to the beach, than spend a few weeks in Denver. Ugh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2012, 01:08 PM

37,877 posts, read 41,910,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOut View Post
Some of us have actually visited been to both cities. I have actually lived in both so, I'm pretty sure I actually know what I'm talking about. Denver wins out. End of story.
You don't have to have actually visited each one to know that Denver is really isolated, and depending on how one weighs all the criteria, that could be the tipping point in terms of deciding where to actually settle down versus a simple competition on paper--which is why many have made that distinction in this thread.

Quote:
BTW, one can argue that being an hour to 3.5 hours away from other larger cities is a disadvantage for some cities. Denver's isolation is a huge advantage whereas Charlotte's close proximity to other large cities has and will hurt when it comes to certain things. If you're one who likes to spend time in cities other than your own, then Charlotte wins out in that department.
Charlotte's proximity to other sizable cities has certainly helped it, which is why it's the regional hub of the Carolinas. Atlanta in particular is close enough to Charlotte for weekend trips and such, but still far enough away to give Charlotte its own sizable sphere of regional influence and other advantages (cultural amenities, sports, retail, etc.).

Old 07-07-2012, 11:56 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,695,817 times
Other than COL, Location, and maybe QOL, Denver pretty much wins out (only according to the criteria). From pictures Charlotte looks amazingly pretty and I hope I can visit someday, but (IMO) it just can't keep up with Denver (for now anyway).

Old 08-01-2012, 09:59 AM

59 posts, read 119,139 times
Denver, was there for 4 yrs. NO HUMIDITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-01-2012, 12:55 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,877,928 times
Denver. Charlotte really doesn't compare to Denver unless you need to be relatively close to the beach.

Old 08-01-2012, 03:44 PM

1,909 posts, read 3,781,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
Denver. Charlotte really doesn't compare to Denver unless you need to be relatively close to the beach.
Or you get tired of putting lotion on your skin every day.

Old 08-01-2012, 05:23 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,695,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeShoreSoxGo View Post
Or you get tired of putting lotion on your skin every day.
More tolerable than extreme humidity.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:43 PM

126 posts, read 296,027 times
Scenery: Denver's mountains, Charlotte's trees
Larger feel: Depends what your meaning of "larger" is.
Public transportation: Both.
More to do: Charlotte.
Nightlife: Charlotte.
Downtown: Charlotte.
Where you would rather live: Charlotte.
Where you would rather visit: Denver.

Old 08-02-2012, 07:18 AM

1,066 posts, read 2,071,537 times
Larger feel: Depends what your meaning of "larger" is. Denver is LARGER in any way you can cut it!
Public transportation: Both. Denver is LARGER and Better again. No debate!
More to do: Charlotte. Not a chance!
Nightlife: Charlotte. Not a chance!
Downtown: Charlotte. Not a chance!

Please please please tell me how charlotte is larger, better transit, or more to do????????

Old 08-02-2012, 11:58 AM

126 posts, read 296,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilehiDenver View Post
Larger feel: Depends what your meaning of "larger" is. Denver is LARGER in any way you can cut it!
Public transportation: Both. Denver is LARGER and Better again. No debate!
More to do: Charlotte. Not a chance!
Nightlife: Charlotte. Not a chance!
Downtown: Charlotte. Not a chance!

Please please please tell me how charlotte is larger, better transit, or more to do????????
This was my opinion, chill. Can YOU please tell ME how Denver is larger than Charlotte, or has more to do?

Denver's PT is too crowded, therefore I prefer Charlotte.

Charlotte most defiantly has more to do then Denver...

Once again, Charlotte would win and I'm sure quite a few people would agree.

Charlotte's downtown is one of the cleanest, if not the cleanest downtown or "uptown" in the US and Denver is one of the dirtiest.
It's so dry there and always makes it hard to breathe.

But again, this is MY opinion. Doesn't mean just because you don't agree with what I had to say, doesn't mean to completely bash what I said.

Last edited by carolinagrown; 08-02-2012 at 12:07 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City