Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 05:57 PM

2,217 posts, read 3,903,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptkid View Post
NYC, LA, Chi make blacks look bad... along with Philly, Baltimore, Detroit, etc DC is the only city where we look good.
Right now you're looking bad. Making a fool of yourself on public forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 06:16 PM

163 posts, read 259,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATUMRE75 View Post
Right now you're looking bad. Making a fool of yourself on public forum.
Lol n&*ga do u think i care? I just got my rocks off while u probably behind ya screen webcaming with random broads (or dudes) across the country in west bubble f**k ville. You fail so go hang ya self from the nearest tree.

Old 08-15-2012, 08:43 PM

2,664 posts, read 5,635,223 times
lol^
DC STAND UP

Old 08-15-2012, 09:19 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,314,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAMEN VII View Post
^D.C had a black crackhead for a mayor..that definetly wasn't a good look for you guys
Actual quotes taken from Mayor Marion Barry

Quote:
Chicago is quite racist..
"The laws in this city are clearly racist. All laws are racist. The law of gravity is racist." Marrion Barry

Old 08-15-2012, 09:50 PM

2,664 posts, read 5,635,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mas23 View Post
Actual quotes taken from Mayor Marion Barry

"The laws in this city are clearly racist. All laws are racist. The law of gravity is racist." Marrion Barry
"B#tch set me up." -- M. Barry, Mayor of Washington, DC

I liked that one.

Old 08-16-2012, 07:35 AM

5,347 posts, read 10,162,957 times
I think it's a tie. Chicago had a big influence in the publishing industry which also affected popular culture. DC has always been a place where blacks have thrived because of their connections to the elite of the nation. When blacks in other cities had sh*tty factory jobs, blacks in DC had sh*tty government jobs making more money. DC has also been the home of many pioneers in literature, medicine, education, politics and music.

DC was also the first city in the US where blacks started a cultural revolution well before the Harlem Renaisance.

CITIZEN JOURNALISM: Before there was Harlem - Washington Times

Old 08-16-2012, 12:56 PM

2,217 posts, read 3,903,148 times
Quote:
Lol n&*ga do u think i care? I just got my rocks off while u probably behind ya screen webcaming with random broads (or dudes) across the country in west bubble f**k ville. You fail so go hang ya self from the nearest tree.
Lol.... This is what citydata has become. A bunch of children speaking in slang and I guess this makes nubian people look good.

Old 08-16-2012, 01:54 PM

8,632 posts, read 13,003,320 times
This is a very good documentary on the history of African Americans in Chicago.

Video: DuSable to Obama: Chicago's Black Metropolis | Watch WTTW Documentaries Online | WTTW11 Video

Old 08-16-2012, 04:52 PM

37,882 posts, read 41,956,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
I think it's a tie. Chicago had a big influence in the publishing industry which also affected popular culture. DC has always been a place where blacks have thrived because of their connections to the elite of the nation. When blacks in other cities had sh*tty factory jobs, blacks in DC had sh*tty government jobs making more money. DC has also been the home of many pioneers in literature, medicine, education, politics and music.

DC was also the first city in the US where blacks started a cultural revolution well before the Harlem Renaisance.

"****ty factory jobs"? That certainly wasn't the case historically in Detroit.

Old 08-16-2012, 04:58 PM

303 posts, read 579,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post

Yes DC has rich history with blacks. Both CHI and DC have huge black population
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City