Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What city in the southwest do you like the most?
Albuquerque 46 37.40%
Phoenix 33 26.83%
Las Vegas 13 10.57%
Tuscon 8 6.50%
Salt Lake City 11 8.94%
Other, please specify 12 9.76%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 01:34 PM

29 posts, read 60,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazyo View Post
Here's 5 easy reasons why PHX tops ABQ... MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, PAC-12.
a little superficial!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 06:47 PM

74 posts, read 144,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lghd View Post
a little superficial!!
Sports are a major part of a city's culture. Increases the options of things to do, gives local residents a common thing to get behind. Plus being able to see people with world class talents in anything is a big deal. Seeing Steve Nash in person run an offense to perfection up to 40 times a year or seeing guys like Kobe multiple times a year is a big deal.

Old 08-15-2012, 07:06 PM

3,247 posts, read 9,055,218 times
Even Shreveport is considered a Southwestern city, definitely San Antonio, Lubbock, Amarillo

Old 08-15-2012, 08:03 PM

171 posts, read 325,740 times
I honestly NEVER hear anyone in Phoenix talk about going to Albuquerque to visit. EVER. Usually it's Vegas, LA, San Diego, Flagstaff/Sedona, Tucson, Denver, SFO, Hawaii, Seattle, etc. on this side of the country. However, I knew a couple of nurses from ABQ who had to work in Phoenix most of the week because the pay was better. They just ended up moving here.

Old 08-15-2012, 09:46 PM

10,755 posts, read 23,840,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottsdaleBrat View Post
I honestly NEVER hear anyone in Phoenix talk about going to Albuquerque to visit. EVER. Usually it's Vegas, LA, San Diego, Flagstaff/Sedona, Tucson, Denver, SFO, Hawaii, Seattle, etc. on this side of the country. However, I knew a couple of nurses from ABQ who had to work in Phoenix most of the week because the pay was better. They just ended up moving here.
Funny, I see many Arizona plates on our roads here quite often. Are they all form Tucson or just on there way to Santa Fe?

Old 08-15-2012, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caphillsea77 View Post
Funny, I see many Arizona plates on our roads here quite often. Are they all form Tucson or just on there way to Santa Fe?
Well, considering there are 4.3+ million people in the Phoenix area alone, I'd imagine you'd probably see more AZ plates in the much smaller 800,000+ metro of ABQ than I would hear of people here in PHX who were actually interested in visiting ABQ. They may be going to Santa Fe...who knows. Like I said, I never hear people talk about visiting ABQ. I'm not trying to over exaggerate either.

Did I mention that we get a lot of NM plates here too? Some of those AZ plates you see may be former New Mexicans (like the nurses I was speaking about). They may be going back to pack up their stuff in Rio Rancho to bring back to Scottsdale.

Old 08-16-2012, 08:19 AM

29 posts, read 60,995 times
Quote:
Well, considering there are 4.3+ million people in the Phoenix area alone, I'd imagine you'd probably see more AZ plates in the much smaller 800,000+ metro of ABQ than I would hear of people here in PHX who were actually interested in visiting ABQ. They may be going to Santa Fe...who knows. Like I said, I never hear people talk about visiting ABQ. I'm not trying to over exaggerate either.

Did I mention that we get a lot of NM plates here too? Some of those AZ plates you see may be former New Mexicans (like the nurses I was speaking about). They may be going back to pack up their stuff in Rio Rancho to bring back to Scottsdale.

LOL....interesting poll considering Phoenix with it's huge metro population of 4.3 PLUS million trails in a small poll here to Albuquerque's tiny 900k + metro population.
You must have a small circle of friends, that only travel to certain areas. No, Albuquerque is not a world destination, but on the same note NEITHER is Phoenix....considering it's soooo HUGE!!!
Another pattern I've noticed on City Data, city vs city threads is every poll Phoenix is involved in.....It's either losing or gets totally blown out of the water!!

Old 08-16-2012, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lghd View Post
LOL....interesting poll considering Phoenix with it's huge metro population of 4.3 PLUS million trails in a small poll here to Albuquerque's tiny 900k + metro population.
You must have a small circle of friends, that only travel to certain areas. No, Albuquerque is not a world destination, but on the same note NEITHER is Phoenix....considering it's soooo HUGE!!!
Another pattern I've noticed on City Data, city vs city threads is every poll Phoenix is involved in.....It's either losing or gets totally blown out of the water!!

Why would anyone from Phoenix need to go to ABQ? Really. There just isn't a draw for people to go there obviously. I will say that I've noticed (in ABQ pimping threads) that there are an awful lot of "new" posters with very limited postings except to boost their city.

Old 08-16-2012, 11:14 AM

295 posts, read 592,195 times
Quote:

Why would they want to move to a sweat shop metro area? Albuquerque to thousands of former Arizonians is a relief. Just saying, Rio Rancho has Intel and Hewlett Packard, there is a reason why many of of staters move here.

Scottsdale is nice, but not worth it. You can't even enjoy the damn place.

Old 08-16-2012, 12:09 PM

2,852 posts, read 4,504,591 times
For me Phoenix tops the list because it's the largest of all of them, has the best job market, best transportation system, all four professional sports teams, and better choice of shopping and restaurants.

Las Vegas is a close second because of the world-famous resorts, nightlife, entertainment, and almost everything is open 24-7.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City