Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2015, 07:23 AM

37,876 posts, read 41,910,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deluusions View Post
I stand corrected. Although the "are you kidding" wasn't necessary. I'm not AA nor do I listen to GoGo. So calm down you're a little to heated, although still mumbo sauce wasn't shaped by migrants.
You missed the whole point of my mention of migrants, which was in response to the ridiculous claim that DC has nothing in common with either the north or the south culturally. And "are you kidding" was appropriate as you mentioned something you really knew nothing about by your own admission.

Old 03-03-2015, 07:56 AM

1,833 posts, read 2,349,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
You missed the whole point of my mention of migrants, which was in response to the ridiculous claim that DC has nothing in common with either the north or the south culturally. And "are you kidding" was appropriate as you mentioned something you really knew nothing about by your own admission.
No it wasn't appropiate. Pipe down a bit, I said I stand corrected. Nor am I black lol people are human. No ones is a walking encyclopedia neither are you. Also I never said DC didn't have anything incommon with the north and south?

Also I do know about GoGo music but I do not know Chuck Browns whole life story so again pipe down.

Old 03-03-2015, 07:59 AM

9 posts, read 23,385 times
Definitely ATL is more Southerno

Old 03-03-2015, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deluusions View Post
Still wasn't appropiate. Pipe down a bit, I said I stand corrected. Nor am I black lol people are human. No ones is a walking encyclopedia neither are you. Also I never said DC didn't have anything incommon with the north and south?
Don't be so sensitive. And I know you didn't say that, but you were piggybacking off MDAllStar and he said that earlier in the discussion.

Old 03-03-2015, 08:24 AM

1,833 posts, read 2,349,447 times
Quote:
Don't be so sensitive. And I know you didn't say that, but you were piggybacking off MDAllStar and he said that earlier in the discussion.
Telling someone something isn't appropiate doesn't mean their being sensitive. Lol again pipe down, and yes MDallstar was wrong nor was I piggybacking his statement. If you see my past post you would see I always compare and contrast the similarities of the north and south to the DC area.

Old 03-03-2015, 12:11 PM

354 posts, read 784,954 times
Chuck brown moved up here when he was 6 years old, he is DC

Old 03-03-2015, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2PG View Post
Chuck brown moved up here when he was 6 years old, he is DC
You'd have to go a little further back in the conversation to see how that fit into the discussion.

Old 03-03-2015, 01:39 PM

9,859 posts, read 6,574,356 times
Which animal flies better.... A dog or a bird. That's how obvious the answer to this thread is

Old 03-03-2015, 03:42 PM

13,727 posts, read 15,741,344 times
Quote:
You're kidding me, right? Chuck Brown migrated to DC from North Carolina, and go-go is a funk subgenre which obviously has roots in the South. Mumbo sauce is a regional version of BBQ sauce which, again, demonstrates Southern influence.
So now we are going to talk about people who migrated from somewhere else decades ago like they are still who they were back then? When southern AA's moved to the cities up north, they changed. That goes for D.C., Bmore, Philly, NYC, Boston, Chicago, and Cleveland. They became urban and left most of their country southern ways behind. Do they still have some of their southern heritage in things like food etc. Sure, however, that can be said for every single person on the planet. Everybody is a mixture of somewhere else. My point was, we are not generic like most other cities that listen to hip hop, have a regular street grid with skyscrapers, and are just a typical American city. D.C. is very unique in this country more so than almost any other city in the nation outside of New Orleans which is also as unique.

Test of uniqueness:

Name some qualities such as street grid ,type of skyline , local music, etc. that can't be found anywhere else in the nation including duplication.

Old 03-03-2015, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDAllstar View Post
So now we are going to talk about people who migrated from somewhere else decades ago like they are still who they were back then? When southern AA's moved to the cities up north, they changed. That goes for D.C., Bmore, Philly, NYC, Boston, Chicago, and Cleveland. They became urban and left most of their country southern ways behind. Do they still have some of their southern heritage in things like food etc. Sure, however, that can be said for every single person on the planet. Everybody is a mixture of somewhere else. My point was, we are not generic like most other cities that listen to hip hop, have a regular street grid with skyscrapers, and are just a typical American city. D.C. is very unique in this country more so than almost any other city in the nation outside of New Orleans which is also as unique.

Test of uniqueness:

Name some qualities such as street grid ,type of skyline , local music, etc. that can't be found anywhere else in the nation including duplication.
LOL, this is laughable dude. DC obviously has both Southern and Northern cultural influences and anyone with an iota of intelligence can discern this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City