Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: City most in danger of being hit by North Korean Nuke
Seattle 6 6.25%
Portland 0 0%
San Francisco 13 13.54%
Los Angeles 27 28.13%
San Diego 1 1.04%
As far East as Chicago 1 1.04%
North Korea would be advanced to strike multiple cities 2 2.08%
None. The US is too advanced to be struck by North Korea 46 47.92%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 11:14 AM

2,226 posts, read 3,855,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Disproportionate retaliation? A plane flies into a US building and the Americans spent a decade bombing two entire nations with 50-million civilians into the stone age.
Afghanistan was a mess long before the Afghan war started. You could really view it as the U.S. entering into a decades-long civil war.

Quote:
North Korea has been there for more than a half a century, and they haven't so much as kicked dirt into the face of a 97 pound weakling.
Well, that's just not true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2013, 05:07 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,937,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgm123 View Post
Afghanistan was a mess long before the Afghan war started. You could really view it as the U.S. entering into a decades-long civil war.

Well, that's just not true.
I was thinking the samething when I saw his comment. What the US was doing for more than a decade was really more like bombing the heck out of a bunch of shacks, hideouts, and ruins in the empty dessert, while chasing al-qaeda and various other terrorist organizations. Not exactly what I would call "Bombing 2 nations of 50million civilians into the stone-age" jtur88 made it sound like we were just dropping bombs over the middle-east biggest cities and killing millions of innocents. After all the various conflicts, and the poverty levels of some of those areas, they were already in a "stone age" so to speak.

Old 02-22-2013, 05:17 PM

15,323 posts, read 23,915,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
I love how everyone on here seems to know so much about what's going on behind the scenes in North Korea. Got my popcorn out now because I enjoy being entertained by people who know everything.
I actually have a connection at the DoD who actually does intelligence on DPRK and has told me little tidbits of stuff. I don't know a ton, but I know what I said is true to at least what he knows. I think it all started when we were drinking and we got into this very discussion. He basically laughed at me and told me they aren't a threat to us with this stuff because they have nothing that can reach the US. I trust what he says and it's fine if you don't believe me.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:31 AM

287 posts, read 340,851 times
North Korea should do a favor and annihilate LA. Also kill all the no-talent Hollywood celebrities polluting our TV programs.

Old 02-23-2013, 03:43 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,048,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigGeo08 View Post
North Korea should do a favor and annihilate LA. Also kill all the no-talent Hollywood celebrities polluting our TV programs.
friends don't let friends post drunk

Old 02-23-2013, 03:09 PM

30 posts, read 65,703 times
N. Korea is a joke. theyre like the fat little wanna-be-bully at school screaming for attention and trying to act tough. N. Korea, in my opinion, is hell on earth.

Old 02-23-2013, 08:46 PM

2,311 posts, read 4,945,820 times
My first instinct was Seattle.

I never thought N. Korea could really pose a threat to us, but if you look at its pictures on Google Earth, it's actually surprisingly well developed. No shanty towns like you see in Argentina, India, etc.- more "progressive" countries.

With that said, I still think they're a long, long way off from actually being able to threaten us with nuclear annihilation, or any damage at all. I think the real test will be how strong the cult of personality around Kim-Jong Un will be, along with their relationship with China.

Old 02-24-2013, 06:47 PM

6,843 posts, read 10,961,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
Bahahahahahahahaha NORTH KOREA? Ooooh I'm so scared. America would blow NK off the map and if China wants it to we'd have about 600 Patriot missiles for them too. Now china knows they don't want to be apart of this NK plan. Once china backs out (which they will) NK will be screwed.
What?

This doesn't make any sense, people continue to portray China as the world's leading antagonist and that couldn't be further from the truth. China's resolved and insisted on a peaceful rise to power and it's never been their intention to go back on that. China needs the rest of the world than we need China, all of it's trading partners and foreign investments are lined up with countries that favor strict sanctions against North Korea.

You think China's going to give up profits, wealth, and relations to defend a has been?

People love to demonize China way too much.

Why does this thread exist? Look they fire a rocket, our sensors go off and our air space is consistently patrolled and we shoot it down before it gets even a few thousand miles close. You have more of a chance of worrying about a car accident than this.

Old 04-03-2013, 05:21 PM

2 posts, read 1,572 times
Default North Korean Nukes

Portland? Not likely. They have to cross the Pacific Northwest rain forests first. The nukes would rust before they got here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City