Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 02:14 PM

725 posts, read 1,210,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeauty212 View Post
Any thread vs. Philly and all these Paranoid Homers flood the threads attacking anyone with view and that isn't all Raves about Philly.
I can take criticism on Philadelphia. But lying? I can't do that one buddy. Tbh Philly posters really do nothing but defend. If you weren't aware there are 4 accounts that act as tho they are Philadelphians, but they are in fact trolls and haters from San José. Then everyone cries we are the worst posters when it's really fake trolls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2013, 02:20 PM

5,802 posts, read 9,892,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm02 View Post
Neither have I.

As I stated in my post that you linked to, we are in "violent agreement." If you see someone doing what I've bolded and it bothers you enough to post, then take them on. Since I'm not doing that, I'm clueless as to why you reference my posts.

I would be curious, however, to see any content of any of MY posts in this thread in which you feel I have been "set off pre-maturely."
It was by accident.....I never considered you among the Paranoid, Insecure, Irrational Philly Boosters that I'm railing again. Sorry if you felt that way. You seem to be someone who actually likes to see Philadelphia countered against other cities and learn how Philadelphia is different from other cities...

The main set of Philly Homers are not, Philadelphia cannot be compared to any city that doesn't match it on population 1 for 1.

Old 03-21-2013, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toure View Post
I can take criticism on Philadelphia. But lying? I can't do that one buddy. Tbh Philly posters really do nothing but defend. If you weren't aware there are 4 accounts that act as tho they are Philadelphians, but they are in fact trolls and haters from San José. Then everyone cries we are the worst posters when it's really fake trolls.
No one was Lying? You just don't like hearing the truth about Philly unless its where Philly comes out smelling like roses.

No I'm not mistaken in who the real Philly Boosters are...Trust me just like I know Pittsburgh and Philadelphia...I know who the Philly Boosters are and they have the same pattern of Irrational Boosterism in all threads of Philly vs. _________.

Old 03-21-2013, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toure View Post
No ones boosting! FOH! You act as tho Philly and Pittsburg have equal amenities, and they are just distributed differently. That's not the case. Philadelphia county is home to the most historic landmarks followed by NYC then Boston. Center City does NOT contain even most of the attractions I would say %35 of the landmarks. Your not saying it, but it sounds as tho your saying that they compare. Answer this simple question blackbeauty, because I'm not understanding you:

Do you believe Pittsburgh offers equal attractions/amenities as Philadelphia? This question will let me see you train of thought.
again if you even had the slightest intellect on Pittsburgh, you wouldn't need to even ask this questions. But since you've pretty much confirmed you don't really know sh*t about Pittsburgh other than its in the same state.

Let me say this, Pittsburgh offers awful lot for a city of its size. Pittsburgh functions more as a city of 600-700K people rather than the 300K that's on paper. Pittsburgh is a Capitol City, Pittsburgh does offer much of what Philadelphia does just in smaller package....and in a different layout than Philly.

Old 03-21-2013, 02:35 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,217,194 times
I definitely think one of the benefits of Philly that it is condensed ..... you can do a ton without the need for a car or special transportation, a lot of the heavy hitter attractions are right at hand and you can move between them without wasting a lot of time in just transit

On a weekend trip you won't be able to accomplish "everything" just within a tight net around center city - but will have enough variety in that general area to keep you interested

From Penns Landing out through university city you are looking at around 4 miles ..... from girard down to passyunk on broad you're around 3 miles ..... that's not that huge of a footprint and you can hit all sorts of different things within that cube

You can tighten the N/S to be from Fairmount down to the Italian Market area and you get about 2 miles ..... from 2nd & Chestnut to 38th & Chestnut it's 3 miles

Think of all the you can do in that 3 x 2 area - a wide variety of things, all with easy access

Old 03-21-2013, 02:50 PM

8,700 posts, read 14,689,925 times
Wow this thread got out of hand lol. Why is everything a competition on this forum?

Last edited by Trafalgar Law; 03-21-2013 at 05:49 PM..

Old 03-21-2013, 05:46 PM

27,555 posts, read 28,641,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summersm343 View Post
Wow this thread got out of hand lol. Why is everything a competition on this forum?
Smile, you're on City vs. City

Old 03-21-2013, 08:02 PM

1,567 posts, read 3,115,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summersm343 View Post
I know. Seriously. It's turned into a teen girl cat fight.

Anyway, I've never been to Pittsburgh, but from all the pics I've seen it looks appealing. I hope to visit one day soon.

As to Philadelphia, I'd say close to 80% of things a tourist would want to see are in or very close to Center City. And yet, lets not forget Valley Forge, Morris Arboretum in Chestnut Hill, King of Prussia, the stadiums in South Philly, historic homes in Germantown, Adventure Aquarium in Camden, Longwood Gardens and other Brandywine Valley attractions, Sesame Place, New Hope and more.

Old 03-21-2013, 08:15 PM

432 posts, read 609,709 times
I love how people hop on the Philly bandwagon all the time. I mean where were you guys 10 years ago?!?

Old 03-21-2013, 08:19 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,530,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
I love how people hop on the Philly bandwagon all the time. I mean where were you guys 10 years ago?!?
living in nyc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City