Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 08:35 AM

1,850 posts, read 3,015,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by testa50 View Post
But your location says Midtown Atlanta?

Honestly, Midtown Atlanta actually fits your needs really well. Philly is a great city too, however. A lot of it would come down to weather, I imagine.

I put that there when I was visiting........the reason why I started this thread was because of my last visit. I was very impressed with Midtown, that I just knew it would be my new home..........but Philly has so many cool areas too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2013, 09:49 AM

23,460 posts, read 44,074,708 times
Tough call. Different cities, but alike in some date. Im happy in one, could be happy in the other, I think. IMO one thing they have in common is that unlike NYC, San Francisco, Boston et al it takes these cities a little time to reveal their gifts.

Old 04-05-2013, 09:54 AM

14,679 posts, read 14,639,000 times
I'd go for Philly, especially with no schools to worry about. It's going to be the next big relocation destination.

Old 04-05-2013, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Tough call. Different cities, but alike in some date. Im happy in one, could be happy in the other, I think. IMO one thing they have in common is that unlike NYC, San Francisco, Boston et al it takes these cities a little time to reveal their gifts.

Yes, great points. I think that's the beauty of them. Everything isn't like....BAM.....in your face.

It is a very good position to be in. I want to ensure I select the right place because that's where my last move will be until the graveyard.

Old 04-05-2013, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
I'd go for Philly, especially with no schools to worry about. It's going to be the next big relocation destination.

Really? Any proof? not that I don't trust you but if there was a article written, I'd love to read it.

Old 04-05-2013, 12:08 PM

8,700 posts, read 14,692,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post
Really? Any proof? not that I don't trust you but if there was a article written, I'd love to read it.
Philadelphia is on a massive turn around. It's changing so rapidly. Entire neighborhoods have been rebuilt that they are completely unrecognizable from just 5 years ago.

Old 04-05-2013, 12:12 PM

7,132 posts, read 9,132,310 times
Philly because you're much closer to NYC, D.C., and Boston....really cool cities. Atlanta, you're really not close to anything interesting except Savannah and maybe the Florida beaches.

Old 04-05-2013, 12:21 PM

14,679 posts, read 14,639,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post
Nah, no direct proof, although many NYers who are getting priced out and don't want to do the down-South thing are choosing Philly. With Boston, NYC and DC gentrifying to the point middle-income people, new grads and artists can no longer afford it, Philly is becoming an attractive option for many. Really, there's only Philly & Baltimore left on the northern half of the Eastern Seaboard, and Philly's revitalization is much further along than BMore.

Old 04-05-2013, 12:30 PM

1,022 posts, read 2,550,897 times
I would have to say Philly. I grew up in the Philadelphia metro and have been to Atlanta twice. Although I do like Atlanta, my heart is always going to be in the Northeast (OK, so I'm admittedly biased). Atlanta lacks the diversity of Philly, and outside of the Atlanta metro, there really isn't much going on. Philly feels more cultured and there is much more to do. Plus, NYC, Baltimore, DC, and Atlantic City are all short drives away (no more than three hours for either). The Poconos are also a short drive away. Lastly, because Philly is more diverse and has a deeper culture, the food scene is much better.

Old 04-05-2013, 12:51 PM

3,332 posts, read 3,694,974 times
Philly, proximity to other major cities. The city is alot of more bustling and alive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City