Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which metro area do you prefer
DFW 109 36.33%
Bay Area- 191 63.67%
Voters: 300. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 01:19 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,558,793 times

Advertisements

I prefer Dallas-Ft Worth
SF isn't my cup of tea
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2013, 01:19 PM

1,312 posts, read 2,176,706 times
The majority voting on this must be Texan or the Southern/Tea Party pride pushers because as someone without a horse in the race, Bay Area blows DFW out of the water in nearly every category you can think of so far it ain't funny.

Old 06-04-2013, 01:23 PM

8,634 posts, read 13,039,555 times
San Francisco is on another tier when your comparing metro areas. The Bay Area is a more complete metro and is more established. I also agree with what the other poster said about DFW is still up and coming.

Old 06-04-2013, 01:29 PM

18,983 posts, read 32,765,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipcat View Post
Yet, DFW is winning the poll
I voted for DFW to throw them a bone since the comparison is a bit unfair on this forum. I think it would be kind of cool if they won this poll or if it was close.

Old 06-04-2013, 01:31 PM

18,983 posts, read 32,765,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold As War View Post

Local Cuisine - Dallas, it is not geared towards vegetarians like SF

Nightlife - Dallas! The nightlife is geared for gays in SF
Neither of these things are true. Maybe geared more so or having more options in those categories than Dallas but the SF Bay Area is certainly not geared towards either overall.

Old 06-04-2013, 01:37 PM

10,774 posts, read 23,916,754 times
Quote:

so you know next to nothing about SF's culinary scene or nightlife. Thanks for playing though.

Old 06-04-2013, 01:58 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,814,056 times
Quote:
Umm...neither of these are true.

San Francisco's dining is world class by itself. I do think DFW has world class eating too, but you need Dallas and a few of the larger suburbs to accomplish the diversity of cuisines you would get in only San Francisco. Both are excellent eating cities, but San Fran is just a high caliber of world class when it comes to food.

I actually think the nightlife is a wash between the two. This along with shopping is probably what Dallas could compete with San Fran on. Still, San Fran probably would have the edge because of walkability factor.

Old 06-04-2013, 02:38 PM

364 posts, read 620,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Neither of these things are true. Maybe geared more so or having more options in those categories than Dallas but the SF Bay Area is certainly not geared towards either overall.
Your opinion vs mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by caphillsea77 View Post

so you know next to nothing about SF's culinary scene or nightlife. Thanks for playing though.
Or I could know a lot about SF culinary scene and just find it a bore and low quality. Thanks for playing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme02 View Post
Umm...neither of these are true.

San Francisco's dining is world class by itself. I do think DFW has world class eating too, but you need Dallas and a few of the larger suburbs to accomplish the diversity of cuisines you would get in only San Francisco. Both are excellent eating cities, but San Fran is just a high caliber of world class when it comes to food.

I actually think the nightlife is a wash between the two. This along with shopping is probably what Dallas could compete with San Fran on. Still, San Fran probably would have the edge because of walkability factor.
Not everyone sees things how you do.

For all three of you, I stand by my statement!

Old 06-04-2013, 02:42 PM

207 posts, read 337,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipcat View Post
With these in comparison. The Bay and the Metroplex are Apples and Oranges but similar in size of population.

Shopping
Crime
Economy
Affordablitly of Housing
Local Cuisine
Traffic
Nightlife
Weather
DFW Metroplex????

Old 06-04-2013, 02:43 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,756,639 times
I assume this is a joke, but it not SF.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City