Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2022, 07:45 PM

20,519 posts, read 33,572,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley-88888888 View Post
^ atlanta
n.y.c.
l.a.
chicago
detroit
washington, d.c.
philadelphia
miami
oakland

i missed a few.
There should be more Southern cities here. Houston, New Orleans, Memphis, Jackson, Birmingham are several ones that would be recognized.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2022, 10:18 PM
Status: "Worship the Earth, Worship Love, not Imaginary Gods" (set 1 day ago)

8,361 posts, read 5,525,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley-88888888 View Post
^ atlanta
n.y.c.
l.a.
chicago
detroit
washington, d.c.
philadelphia
miami
oakland

i missed a few.
It’s somewhat confusing since some cities like Houston and Dallas have a higher black population than some on your list.

Old 02-18-2022, 11:31 PM

21,677 posts, read 12,825,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
It’s somewhat confusing since some cities like Houston and Dallas have a higher black population than some on your list.
It’s not all that confusing. Those are just omissions.

Plenty of cities are blacker than the ones on the list. Most cities are blacker than LA or even Miami..

Old 02-19-2022, 07:39 AM

6,639 posts, read 4,581,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WASD44 View Post
la?
most u.s.-americans who never visited l.a. would assume that boyz n the hood, menace ii society, straigt outta compton, ... is the average living in l.a. not knowing it only has 8% black residents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
There should be more Southern cities here. Houston, New Orleans, Memphis, Jackson, Birmingham are several ones that would be recognized.
new orleans shouldve been on my list. i dont think the average u.s.-american thinks about the others one way or the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
dallas had an only caucasion cast ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
It’s not all that confusing. Those are just omissions.

Plenty of cities are blacker than the ones on the list. Most cities are blacker than LA or even Miami..
this thread is about being recognized by the national cognizant.
i think i said several pages back that the best answer to this thread is boston which is like 25% black and majority-minority. but most humans in their minds only acknowledge that crooked irish cops live there.

Old 02-19-2022, 07:45 AM

Stanley:

Yes the best answer is by far and away Boston, that hasn’t changed at all to me. Houston and Memphis are certainly known for large black populations.

Yes the average American think LA is far more than 8% black no doubt.

Old 02-19-2022, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WASD44 View Post
la?
Did you not see the last Super Bowl half time? Bel air? Boyz n the hood? LA is associated with the black crips and bloods gang and it’s where tons of rappers and athletes live. People think it’s like 30% black. Especially black people who never been there.

Old 02-19-2022, 09:42 AM

93,489 posts, read 124,229,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Did you not see the last Super Bowl half time? Bel air? Boyz n the hood? LA is associated with the black crips and bloods gang and it’s where tons of rappers and athletes live. People think it’s like 30% black. Especially black people who never been there.
I think that comes from people possibly not knowing that places such as Compton and Inglewood are separate cities, instead of being parts of L.A.

Old 02-19-2022, 01:37 PM

73,063 posts, read 62,680,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaszilla View Post
Birmingham has a much larger metro area than Huntsville
Huntsville is the largest city in Alabama, in terms of city limits.

Old 02-19-2022, 09:51 PM

14,201 posts, read 9,103,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Huntsville is the largest city in Alabama, in terms of city limits.
By that, do you mean area?

It's now the largest city in the state by population. But its metropolitan area is still smaller than Birmingham's.

Old 02-19-2022, 10:24 PM

73,063 posts, read 62,680,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
By that, do you mean area?

It's now the largest city in the state by population. But its metropolitan area is still smaller than Birmingham's.
I wasn't talking about metropolitan area though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City