Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Wich city is better ?
Washington D.C. 129 48.86%
Philadelphia 135 51.14%
Voters: 264. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2014, 01:11 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,349,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGreenDown View Post
These are in Downtown DC? Really?
Yes it's a new development called CityCenter DC, they have all that and more but the development isn't done. It's in downtown right near China town. Will be excellent hopefully, notice how I said hopefully though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2014, 01:17 PM

13,727 posts, read 15,739,400 times
Quote:
These are in Downtown DC? Really?

If you haven't been to D.C. in a while, you may want to plan some visits. Things are changing all the time here.

Old 11-12-2014, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Dupont Circle isn't Downtown DC.

I consider this downtown D.C.

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&g...classic&dg=brw

Old 11-12-2014, 01:23 PM

857 posts, read 1,365,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deluusions View Post
Yes it's a new development called CityCenter DC, they have all that and more but the development isn't done. It's in downtown right near China town. Will be excellent hopefully, notice how I said hopefully though.
Per the website for "CityCenterDC" Retail | CityCenterDC ... Louis Vuitton &
Salvatore Ferragamo are listed as "Coming soon" and the other's MDAllstar posted aren't even listed. I suppose his statement of "No, that means if someone is visiting D.C. staying in the city or downtown and wants to buy some highend clothing, they actually can." is false?

Old 11-12-2014, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Salvatore Ferragamo are listed as "Coming soon" and the other's MDAllstar posted aren't even listed. I suppose his statement of "No, that means if someone is visiting D.C. staying in the city or downtown and wants to buy some highend clothing, they actually can." is false?

I don't have time to catch you up on this so please refer to this thread so you can get any info you need about what is happening at City Center D.C. I informed people about this months ago, obviously people thought I didn't know what I was talking about. Anyway, read up on everything here. I have known this stuff for close to a year now. I don't give all details on what is going on but I have given some names.

//www.city-data.com/forum/city-...opping-20.html

Old 11-12-2014, 01:31 PM

8,700 posts, read 14,688,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deluusions View Post
You do realize your post is highly opinionated and not factual right? No factual data or stastics to prove some of your points. I agree with you on some things such as schools, because DC public schools are pathetic and the shopping being better in the city but KOP is not better than Tysons and has the exact same amount of retail space.
King of Prussia
2,793,200 sq feet of retail
400+ stores
Currently undergoing 140,000 sq foot expansion
Anchor stores: Nordstrom, Macy's, Bloomingdale's, Lord & Taylor, Neiman Marcus, Sears, JCPenney

Tyson's Corner
2,200,000 sq feet of retail
300 stores
Anchor stores: Nordstrom, Macy's, Bloomingdale's, Lord & Taylor, Barnes and Noble

List of largest shopping malls in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Stores King of Prussia has that Tyson's does not
Neiman Marcus, American Apparel, BCBG, BoConcept, Hugo Boss, Burberry, Burton, Carlo Pazolini, Cartier, Cole Haan, David Yurman, DSW, Ermenegildo Zegna, Hartmann, Hearts on Fire, Henri Bendel, Hermes, J.Crew, JoS. A. Bank, Kate Spade, Kenneth Cole, Lilly Pulitzer, Long Champ, Marmi, Marmot, Mont Blanc, Puma, Ralph Lauren, Saint Laurent, Salvatore Ferragamo, Steve Madden, Tag Heuer, Ted Baker, Ten Thousand Villages, Tiffany & Co., Timberland, Tommy Bahama, Tory Burch, Tourneau, Tumi, UGG, Uniqlo, Wolford

Yeah no. Haha. Tyson's Corner is not anywhere near the level of King of Prussia Mall. KOP is larger, has more total stores, and a wider selection. KOP has everything Tyson's has and then a bunch more.

Old 11-12-2014, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Doesn't matter if Louis Vuitton and Salvatore Ferragamo are coming soon, like I said this a new development. So the place is still being built, it's unfinished at the moment. The only one that he listed that is in CityCenter as of now is the Hermes store but I don't know why you are asking me haha why don't you ask him. Although his statement is not false because those are all high end stores also like I said before the place is not finished being built.... As you can see from the website. Its just the shopping is limited for right now because AGAIN it's not even close to finish. So no he's not wrong, your assumption is wrong.

So you can't judge a place that's going under construction and all the stores haven't been revealed yet.

Old 11-12-2014, 01:35 PM

8,700 posts, read 14,688,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDAllstar View Post
Downtown D.C. has highend shopping. Center City does not. Between downtown DC and Georgetown, D.C. has better shopping than Philly.
False. You're talking about things not even built yet in DC. You always talk in some hypothetical future about DC. Center City has no Downtown highend shopping? Oh? So Madewell, Intermix, Theory, Vince, Stuart Weitzman, BCBG, Ralph Lauren, etc. Not high end? Oh... I had no idea.

Center City is improving just as fast if not faster than Downtown DC is the shopping spectrum. You just can't admit it. Center City has seen at least 20-25 mid-ranged to high-end chain retailers open in the past year alone.

Lets play it like this...

Center City shopping is greater than Downtown DC Shopping.
King of Prussia shopping is greater than Georgetown shopping.

So Philadelphia has better shopping than DC. See what I did there?

Old 11-12-2014, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightonWalnut View Post
King of Prussia
2,793,200 sq feet of retail
400+ stores
Currently undergoing 140,000 sq foot expansion
Anchor stores: Nordstrom, Macy's, Bloomingdale's, Lord & Taylor, Neiman Marcus, Sears, JCPenney

Tyson's Corner
2,200,000 sq feet of retail
300 stores
Anchor stores: Nordstrom, Macy's, Bloomingdale's, Lord & Taylor, Barnes and Noble

List of largest shopping malls in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Stores King of Prussia has that Tyson's does not
Neiman Marcus, American Apparel, BCBG, BoConcept, Hugo Boss, Burberry, Burton, Carlo Pazolini, Cartier, Cole Haan, David Yurman, DSW, Ermenegildo Zegna, Hartmann, Hearts on Fire, Henri Bendel, Hermes, J.Crew, JoS. A. Bank, Kate Spade, Kenneth Cole, Lilly Pulitzer, Long Champ, Marmi, Marmot, Mont Blanc, Puma, Ralph Lauren, Saint Laurent, Salvatore Ferragamo, Steve Madden, Tag Heuer, Ted Baker, Ten Thousand Villages, Tiffany & Co., Timberland, Tommy Bahama, Tory Burch, Tourneau, Tumi, UGG, Uniqlo, Wolford

Yeah no. Haha. Tyson's Corner is not anywhere near the level of King of Prussia Mall. KOP is larger, has more total stores, and a wider selection. KOP has everything Tyson's has and then a bunch more.
You do realize when I talk about Tysons that I'm also talking about Tysons Galleria? Right? So you can cross off 90% of the stores you listed.

Tysons is not anywhere near the level of KOP? that's false. KOP is better with a slight edge. You act as if were comparing apples to oranges.
Also some of the stores you listed the regular Tysons has..... Giving false date eh!

Old 11-12-2014, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightonWalnut View Post
False. You're talking about things not even built yet in DC. You always talk in some hypothetical future about DC. Center City has no Downtown highend shopping? Oh? So Madewell, Intermix, Theory, Vince, Stuart Weitzman, BCBG, Ralph Lauren, etc. Not high end? Oh... I had no idea.

Center City is improving just as fast if not faster than Downtown DC is the shopping spectrum. You just can't admit it. Center City has seen at least 20-25 mid-ranged to high-end chain retailers open in the past year alone.

Lets play it like this...

Center City shopping is greater than Downtown DC Shopping.
King of Prussia shopping is greater than Georgetown shopping.

So Philadelphia has better shopping than DC. See what I did there?
No, those are not highend. Were you kidding? What is highend about those brands? That is Georgetown level fashion and those stores have been there for years. I'm talking about highend. Georgetown is not highend. CityCenter DC is highend. Unless they are about to start selling $300 T-shirts, they don't belong.

By the way, all these stores are being builtout right now so if you want to wait and have this conversation in a month or two, we can do that then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City