Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city will continue to GAIN BRAIN POWER? Will Cleveland continue to ascend, as Chicago experien
Cleveland 11 20.37%
Chicago 43 79.63%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 02:08 PM

6,359 posts, read 8,846,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
If you'd read the post I responded to and processed my response in context, you'd have your answer and you could have saved yourself the effort of writing a tome in response.
drover, my good buddy, you know i love tomes. actually i was aware you said more. believe it or not, my response was not directed to you. it was in response to all the population issues that appear on this and other thread.

other than that, you, as one of my biggest fans, know that the tome will continue to be my style of writing….for better, or as you think, worse. and for the record, i don't only enjoy writing longer, detailed posts, I enjoy reading them. Maybe the makes me the minority, but I love it when people take the time to explain what they are saying in detail. those are the posts that I get the most from. It's sort of "to each his own". You like to write and read shorter posts. I like to write and read longer ones. Neither your way or my way is better. Variety is the spice of life and, yes, we're all different.

so on that note, my friend: have a great day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2014, 02:14 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,258,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edsg25 View Post
drover, my good buddy, you know i love tomes. actually i was aware you said more. believe it or not, my response was not directed to you. it was in response to all the population issues that appear on this and other thread . . .
Fair enough. Tome away.

Old 03-23-2014, 02:28 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,970,507 times
Cleveland could be a lot like what is going in Pittsburgh today - its already heading that way and has good urban bones. Attracting jobs for educated folks. Expanding on its eds/meds foundation and increasing vibrancy. All things that are feasible and sustainable. Dont think Cleveland will ever see huge growth but can be very balanced sustained and enhanced all together.

Old 03-23-2014, 02:36 PM

11,076 posts, read 12,477,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
Cleveland could be a lot like what is going in Pittsburgh today - its already heading that way and has good urban bones. Attracting jobs for educated folks. Expanding on its eds/meds foundation and increasing vibrancy. All things that are feasible and sustainable. Dont think Cleveland will ever see huge growth but can be very balanced sustained and enhanced all together.
I'd like to see Cleveland get back to like 450,000 people. I like Cleveland because it isn't a trendy popular place. Normal people can live exceptional lives there. This is becoming rarer and rarer anywhere on the coasts, or in bigger cities.

Old 03-23-2014, 04:08 PM

6,359 posts, read 8,846,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Fair enough. Tome away.
i've made it easy for myself: i've hired a monk to transcribe for me. all i need from you now is the technological know how to turn calligraphy into computer programming.

Old 03-26-2014, 12:36 PM

1,312 posts, read 2,172,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reretarff View Post
Cleveland is going through a great change right now. Fixing the once abandoned neighborhoods one house at a time. The amount of redevelopment happening in Cleveland is incredible. And Cleveland's thriving University Circle neighborhood, containing much of Cleveland's things to do, such as the Cleveland Clinic and University Hospitals campuses and headquarters there, Cleveland's art district, Cleveland's Little Italy neighborhood, Cleveland's world famous Cleveland Orchestra, and most of Cleveland's museums and art galleries, along with the end part of the world famous Rockefeller Park. Cleveland is better than Chicago any day.
Then don't list a bunch of amenities, because Chicago is clearly better at those than Cleveland. Talk about cost of living or quality of life (less rat race/traffic/density) or whatever suits you, because everything on your list above is inarguably done at a higher level in Chicago - this is a backfire. And I like Cleveland (and would probably feel about equal in terms of moving there or Chicago, personally).

Old 03-27-2014, 08:34 PM

9,688 posts, read 9,424,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
I'd like to see Cleveland get back to like 450,000 people. I like Cleveland because it isn't a trendy popular place. Normal people can live exceptional lives there. This is becoming rarer and rarer anywhere on the coasts, or in bigger cities.
You are right. I feel the same way about some of the up and coming cities. They are losing what made them special in trade for the hipster, expensive condo, instant gratification populous. The normal people that you speak of are being priced out of the city, or in some cases, out of the state.

Old 04-04-2014, 09:47 AM

4,541 posts, read 5,118,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
Chicago smaller Brother of NYC
Cleveland little Chicago
Smaller Cleveland??
Buffalo.

Old 02-15-2016, 05:21 PM

4,069 posts, read 7,327,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
Chicago smaller Brother of NYC
Cleveland little Chicago
Smaller Cleveland??
Buffalo?
Sandusky?

Old 02-16-2016, 02:37 PM

4,069 posts, read 7,327,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
For one thing, Chicago does NOT have a punitive cost of living.

You're thinking of Manhattan, SF and maybe LA..throw in Boston for good measure..
It's all relative. Chicago's cost of living is relatively punitive compared to Cleveland's -- in the realm of housing prices, at least. It's also relatively punitive compared to most other major Midwestern cities: Columbus, Indianapolis, St. Louis, Detroit, Kansas City, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City