Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 08:55 PM

1,186 posts, read 1,517,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Min-Chi-Cbus View Post
Aren't there like a hundred threads that compare Atlanta, Houston and Dallas against eachother? Can this debate be taken to one of those instead?

I don't like to interject like this but this tangent has gone on for pages now and every time I see an update in this thread I'm disappointed to find more banter about ATL vs. HOU.
You can't do that when certain Texas posters come in here and create arguments and then attack those same arguments like the Georgians said it, and they're correcting it.

If you're not fast enough this comment will be gone before 6 AM too. It's ok though. Someone else will explain to you why Fulton, Harris, and Dallas cannot co-exist in these threads. Those guys girlfriends do NOT get along.

Old 04-08-2014, 09:02 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,895,681 times
Quote:
Aren't there like a hundred threads that compare Atlanta, Houston and Dallas against eachother? Can this debate be taken to one of those instead?

I don't like to interject like this but this tangent has gone on for pages now and every time I see an update in this thread I'm disappointed to find more banter about ATL vs. HOU.
Nice try but as you see it didn't stop anyone, but I feel ya. It gets ridiculous. And this is from a guy that grew up in the Atlanta area and has lived in DFW for 10 years now. I'm so over it....

Old 04-09-2014, 09:02 AM

20,529 posts, read 33,635,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by isawooty View Post
You can't do that when certain Texas posters come in here and create arguments and then attack those same arguments like the Georgians said it, and they're correcting it.

If you're not fast enough this comment will be gone before 6 AM too. It's ok though. Someone else will explain to you why Fulton, Harris, and Dallas cannot co-exist in these threads. Those guys girlfriends do NOT get along.
It goes both ways. It's not just the Texas posters. Many times the Texas posters are defending their city from anything they think is wrong. Texas posters are defensive like that.

Old 04-09-2014, 09:32 AM

5,993 posts, read 10,221,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
Nice try but as you see it didn't stop anyone, but I feel ya. It gets ridiculous. And this is from a guy that grew up in the Atlanta area and has lived in DFW for 10 years now. I'm so over it....
So much for keeping things on-topic.....if I say anything sketchier than G-rated commentary I get an immediate violation from the Mods. Figures! Not that I'm trying to get anyone in trouble -- I honestly just am more interested in city stats and demographics than the [urinating] contest between Atlanta and Houston and Dallas (again).

Old 04-09-2014, 10:03 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,986,393 times
The whining about the Houston vs Dallas vs atlanta has been longer than the discussion/argument on the three cities.

Old 04-09-2014, 05:37 PM

13,371 posts, read 40,083,642 times
Quote:

Good point. Thread closed.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City