Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: More of a pot destination?
Seattle 10 32.26%
Denver 21 67.74%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 08:43 PM

10,745 posts, read 23,804,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevanXL View Post
Pot is legal is Seattle, the sale of pot just won't be officially legal unit June as distributors just received their licenses to sell.

Now I have to say Seattle is better pot tourism city. Our hempfest is only getting larger and larger combine that with a cool climate by the water to keep you mellow. Seattle is about the closet city to amersterdam in the US.
How is that better than Denver or is this the obligatory homer post? Denver and Colorado are pretty mellow as well with plenty of sunny days and the famous Rocky Mountain high . How can you compare Seattle to Amsterdam when it isn't even there yet with retail and Denver has a big head start?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2014, 09:36 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,291,623 times
Quote:
Seattle is about the closet city to amersterdam in the US.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No.

Nola is.

Wouldn't the Seattle drizzle put the doobie out too soon? Better have a Garcia Vega..

Old 04-22-2014, 09:49 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,695,817 times
Quote:
Pot is legal is Seattle, the sale of pot just won't be officially legal unit June as distributors just received their licenses to sell.

Now I have to say Seattle is better pot tourism city. Our hempfest is only getting larger and larger combine that with a cool climate by the water to keep you mellow. Seattle is about the closet city to amersterdam in the US.
Wouldn't be so sure. Denver just had around 80,000 visitors on 4/20 from out of state (estimated).

Old 04-22-2014, 09:52 PM

2,032 posts, read 4,890,299 times
I've been touring my living room for awhile now.

Old 04-22-2014, 11:45 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,459,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No.

Nola is.

Wouldn't the Seattle drizzle put the doobie out too soon? Better have a Garcia Vega..
Hve ou been to amersterdam? It's a much mellowed vibe then Nola. I'm not sure how long it will take the red states to approve recreational marijuana.

Old 04-23-2014, 12:03 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,459,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
Wouldn't be so sure. Denver just had around 80,000 visitors on 4/20 from out of state (estimated).
Hempfest had over 300,000 in attendance last year so ill guess alot of those were out of state. Denver serves as the weed capital of that region of the county while the west coast has always been more relaxed on the consumption of marijuana. I know alot of people are traveling from smaller areas to get weed where its socially acceptable while the west coast you really can go anywhere. portland blazes up like its legal there, and i dont need to explain California. Hempfest has alot of international visitors from asia and canada with a fair share of people from around the region. Just cause Denver legalized it first doesnt mean they are ahead, thats like saying the marijuana culture there is stronger then in San Francisco. The state saw money to be made and took a leap of faith. Both are good cities but i think seattle will be a hotbed Pot visitors in the coming years especially with more notoriety around hempfest and a larger budget.

Old 04-23-2014, 03:00 AM

1,424 posts, read 1,936,877 times
Quote:
Hempfest had over 300,000 in attendance last year so ill guess alot of those were out of state. Denver serves as the weed capital of that region of the county while the west coast has always been more relaxed on the consumption of marijuana. I know alot of people are traveling from smaller areas to get weed where its socially acceptable while the west coast you really can go anywhere. portland blazes up like its legal there, and i dont need to explain California. Hempfest has alot of international visitors from asia and canada with a fair share of people from around the region. Just cause Denver legalized it first doesnt mean they are ahead, thats like saying the marijuana culture there is stronger then in San Francisco. The state saw money to be made and took a leap of faith. Both are good cities but i think seattle will be a hotbed Pot visitors in the coming years especially with more notoriety around hempfest and a larger budget.
I'll actually give credit to Seattle for having more going on as a city in general, and you're right that the west coast has had a longer period of general acceptance, though it must be pointed out that the proportion of medical users to the overall population is substantially higher in CO than any other state. Anyway, after spending time in both cities/states in the last year, I can tell you that the winner right now is definitely CO, a place where everyone over 21 can buy it, and unlike WA, every resident is allowed to grow. Again, the system is much more evolved in CO than it is in WA or CA, which is why everyone in the industry has moved or is moving to Denver. And the reason why the Cannabis Cup, the holy grail of MJ, is in the city. Again, the culture is there on the whole west coast, which is why fewer people would travel from OR or CA to WA just to purchase. CO, on the other hand, is surrounded by conservative states, and is within a day's drive of a lot of places that are strict about use and possession. And they are flocking here. Combine that with with the biggest amount of ski traffic in the country, a very strong tourism economy, and a much larger industry presence, and it's pretty clear where ground zero is right now.

Old 04-23-2014, 04:10 PM

1,461 posts, read 2,108,592 times
The money raised for the Colorado amendment was largely from out of state (CA), I assume [but am not positive] it was the same with WA's.

Old 04-23-2014, 04:45 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,695,817 times
Quote:
Doesn't Hempfest span over 3 days? I was just talking about that many visitors coming on 4/20 alone. I'm sure many of those 300,000 people (that attended Hempfest last year) were residences. There were also many events spread across Denver. Not just one huge event, such as Hempfest.

If we're talking weed culture, Seattle definitely is up there with Denver, no doubt. But I think for now, pot tourism is stronger in Denver. Just like the pot culture might be stronger in SF, I highly doubt that pot tourism is as relevant there as Seattle or Denver.

Last edited by Mezter; 04-23-2014 at 05:05 PM..

Old 04-23-2014, 04:52 PM

1,669 posts, read 4,239,901 times
Weed is yet to be fully legalized in Ontario, but quite a few pot tourists from both sides of the border make their way to Toronto for the city's 420 festival at Dundas Square. This pic is from last Sunday afternoon at... you guessed it... 4:20 pm.

Courtesy of Blog TO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City