Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which City According To My Criteria?
Indianapolis, IN 17 24.64%
Cleveland, OH 34 49.28%
Columbus, OH 18 26.09%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 01:33 PM

3,415 posts, read 5,137,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
You must be new here.

As far as the schools - Indianapolis Public Schools offers several magnet programs. I am also a parent, though not of school age yet. There are also several excellent charter schools. A previous poster mentioned several "Cleveland" public schools, best I can tell none of them are actually in the city of Cleveland. Just something to take note of; not sure if city only options are what you are after. I know it can be difficult to get actual useful info on the city data forum, and the general us city v city forum is probably though, about the worst place to ask this question if you are serious about getting info about schools.
Just FYI, all most of the highly rated charter schools (Citizens Academy, E-Prep, Campus International, Bard Early College, MC2STEM), and all of the highly rated magnet schools (John Hay, Cleveland School of the Arts) are in the city itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2014, 01:44 PM

8,987 posts, read 17,321,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleverfield View Post
Just FYI, all most of the highly rated charter schools (Citizens Academy, E-Prep, Campus International, Bard Early College, MC2STEM), and all of the highly rated magnet schools (John Hay, Cleveland School of the Arts) are in the city itself.
That is great..............but has nothing to do with what I said.

(I was responding to this):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleverfield View Post
1) Schools: Cleveland has excellent public school options (Shaker Heights, Westlake, Beachwood, Avon), as

Last edited by Toxic Toast; 05-27-2014 at 01:55 PM..

Old 05-27-2014, 02:39 PM

87 posts, read 181,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
Columbus all day .. I really liked that city
City-Data stay sleepin...

Old 05-27-2014, 02:41 PM

87 posts, read 181,128 times
Being 30 something and single in Cleveland.... God luck with that.

Old 05-27-2014, 02:44 PM

3,415 posts, read 5,137,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus finest View Post
Being 30 something and single in Cleveland.... God luck with that.
I'm 20 something and single in Cleveland and think it's a great city. Lots of things to do, opportunities to meet people, etc.

Old 05-27-2014, 07:01 PM

100 posts, read 234,639 times
Thanks for the input everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorman View Post
^ Sorry, Indy and Cbus, but on a Cleveland sub-forum of 5-24-14 the OP posted information about both her move there in August and June/July visit to that city to check out prospective living arrangements.
Stalker!
j/p
For real though...stalking yo...

There's power in the group mind, and the group mind has consistently voted for Cleveland.
Columbus seems very nice, but what kills it for me is that virtually every article I've read on it references the college and how the streets clear out during college games, etc. That's swell, but it's a sign that it's probably not the right place for me.
Indy seems really great, but is apparently a bit more conservative and all things being equal, I'll pass on that.

There are other things of course. Even if Columbus wasn't a college town and even if Indy wasn't in a conservative area, Cleveland would still have them beat. The sheer variety of activities, excellent (suburb) schools, and diversity of industries pretty much hits all my buttons.

p.s.--I'm a guy.

Old 05-27-2014, 10:15 PM

3,844 posts, read 9,295,607 times
^Good Luck!

I'll keep an eye on the Cleveland forum if you have any questions or need any cool suggestions.

Old 05-29-2014, 11:51 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,099,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emrak View Post
Thanks for the input everyone!

Stalker!
j/p
For real though...stalking yo...

There's power in the group mind, and the group mind has consistently voted for Cleveland.
Columbus seems very nice, but what kills it for me is that virtually every article I've read on it references the college and how the streets clear out during college games, etc. That's swell, but it's a sign that it's probably not the right place for me.
Indy seems really great, but is apparently a bit more conservative and all things being equal, I'll pass on that.

There are other things of course. Even if Columbus wasn't a college town and even if Indy wasn't in a conservative area, Cleveland would still have them beat. The sheer variety of activities, excellent (suburb) schools, and diversity of industries pretty much hits all my buttons.

p.s.--I'm a guy.
Eh, Cleveland needs the residents way more than the other 2.

Old 05-30-2014, 10:59 AM

3,530 posts, read 5,031,669 times
^ Most importantly, though, is that the OP finalized his own assessment of the three cities and decided that Cleveland met his needs most of all. All things considered, he made the right choice--in so many ways, Cleveland's a "class act" that the other two cities couldn't even begin to match.

Old 05-30-2014, 12:15 PM

14,707 posts, read 14,683,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorman View Post
^ Most importantly, though, is that the OP finalized his own assessment of the three cities and decided that Cleveland met his needs most of all. All things considered, he made the right choice--in so many ways, Cleveland's a "class act" that the other two cities couldn't even begin to match.
Oh, but we all know the discussion won't end with the OP making a final decision!
Cleveland's a fine choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City