Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: The following city has the greatest influence on the rest of the U.S.A...
New York City 502 68.30%
Los Angeles 233 31.70%
Voters: 735. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 07:36 PM

6,625 posts, read 14,469,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
Don't worry they are not fooling anyone. LA may come second to NYC, but not before NYC. First NYC is the largest city of the whole U.S. one of the greatest NBA players is from NYC (Michael Jordan). We have the New York Yankees which is one of the most or if not the most recognizable team out of the whole U.S. Should I continue?
I seriously had no idea that MJ was from NYC...you learn something new every day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2009, 07:41 PM

1,107 posts, read 3,023,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Inquirer View Post
The UN is trash it has no real power besides a famous pop star and a global icon just died in LA not New York. Yeah who's better know yeah. Just shows you the stars start hear.
Lmfao. Is that NY ranked second by Foreign Policy in international affairs and DC ranked 1 obviously. Also thats why the memorial service is in NY @ the World Famous Apollo.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post
You did not just bring up the world's fair.

The worlds fair is not in the same league as the summer Olympics. They don't even want your as-s! NY tries every 4 years to host the Olympics but the committe sends ny back with a big REJECTED stamp!
are you sure they dont want us or we we are not prepared. Look at alot of the cities in the US that got the olympics.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
He's not, he's from Gary, IN then moved to LA.
No he was born in Brooklyn.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_jordan

Old 06-25-2009, 07:49 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,282,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac9wr View Post
Bigger? You mean smaller? New York has a bigger economy, city population, and metro population. Where is LA bigger?

Los Angeles County: 10,393,185
Los Angeles Almanac - Demographics, History, Statistics

City of New York was 8,310,212
Population - New York City Department of City Planning

State of California 36,756,666
California QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

New York State 19,490,297
New York QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

Stop whining, whaa whaa whaaaaaaa!

"LA" is bigger in population and understandably, bigger in influence. We don't have to say anything because we already know it. So when it comes to bragging about it, our attitude is "act like you've been there"--because we have. We have seen it all and done it all. Meanwhile ny has to look to LA for affirmation. How many nyers have come to LA to make it big in showbiz? In the end, you need us way more than we need you.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost View Post
Yeah man. You know I totally would never want to die in an uncool dive like New York. I only die in the most exquisite places.
Oh like the Gang Capital! I mean since NY is the most expensive city in the country, doesn't luxury follow money. Especially NY having the most Billionaires in the world. Some of the worlds most expensive real estate. Where else can you find million dollar homes in neighborhoods like Harlem and Washington Heights. The best restaurant city in America. Were even getting the worlds first 8 star condo.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post

Los Angeles County: 10,393,185
Los Angeles Almanac - Demographics, History, Statistics

City of New York was 8,310,212
Population - New York City Department of City Planning

State of California 36,756,666
California QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

New York State 19,490,297
New York QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

Stop whining, whaa whaa whaaaaaaa!

"LA" is bigger in population and understandably, bigger in influence. We don't have to say anything because we already know it. So when it comes to bragging about it, our attitude is "act like you've been there"--because we have. We have seen it all and done it all. Meanwhile ny has to look to LA for affirmation. How many nyers have come to LA to make it big in showbiz? In the end, you need us way more than we need you.
Oh wow. What you posted was a county vs a city. LA county is 4,061 sq mi. NYC is 304.4 sq mi. You just pointed out the sprawl. LA the city is only less than half the population. We dont need you. NY owns most of Hollywood.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac9wr View Post
Embarrasing myself? I'm not sure where that happened. If you're using the Summer Olympics as a measure of greatness, then congratulations, you're in the same class as Atlanta.
That's a fake congratulations but on the same note, congratulations, ny, for being in the same class as Bombay and never hosting a the Summer Games!

Last edited by Jay100; 06-25-2009 at 08:13 PM..

Old 06-25-2009, 08:11 PM

18,983 posts, read 32,686,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityGuy View Post
you're right, I was thinking of Micheal Jackson when I saw MJ.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityGuy View Post
Oh wow. What you posted was a county vs a city. LA county is 4,061 sq mi. NYC is 304.4 sq mi. You just pointed out the sprawl. LA the city is only less than half the population. We dont need you. NY owns most of Hollywood.
More people. More land. That is "LA" and yes we are bigger. CA is bigger. The truth hurts but you'll live.

I haven't been influenced by ny since 1983, as I tried to breakdance in 4th grade.

You don't need us? Talking out your a-ss again. The heck you people don't watch movies. ? Don't use freeways. Don't watch bowl games. Didn't show any interest in the Summer Olympics. Never ate at one our national restaurant chains. Don't copy our fashion. Don't listen to our music.

Man, this is too easy. It's like boxing a girl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City