Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Chicago or DC: Which city is faster-paced?
Chicago 145 60.92%
DC 93 39.08%
Voters: 238. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 09:15 AM

5,347 posts, read 10,154,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowInWI View Post
That's nice...were you a bully in school? Just wondering, because that's pretty inappropriate and ignorant. Sixty-six million people call the Midwest home, so you should maybe reign it in, a little, if you want to be taken seriously.

Not a bully but a class clown. I only threw the corn references after he called me a few names. Go back and read.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2016, 09:24 AM

1,687 posts, read 1,436,102 times
That's fine.
But it's not a better city.
You may prefer it, but it doesn't offer more.

It's a jab to you because it's true.

Old 04-27-2016, 09:27 AM

2,217 posts, read 3,900,194 times
Wow reading through this thread is pure entertainment. Too bad the mods will be coming with pad-locks!

Old 04-27-2016, 09:40 AM

2,426 posts, read 2,474,822 times
Not even a comparison between the two, not even the same Level of City. Chicago is on that Million Factor, DC has is not even close. True both are dense urban places but I can easily see Chicago as a mid western NYC borough.

Old 04-27-2016, 09:43 AM

5,347 posts, read 10,154,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oobanks View Post
Not even a comparison between the two, not even the same Level of City. Chicago is on that Million Factor, DC has is not even close. True both are dense urban places but I can easily see Chicago as a mid western NYC borough.
Chicago is a great city on its own merits but it looks nothing like NYC. Feels nothing like NYC.

Old 04-27-2016, 09:59 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,862,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
Who cares if DC is northeast or if you think it's not fast-paced. You are the only one who swoops in to try and sway opinion with the most ridiculous posts. I only post to refute your bs most of the time.
You know you got your feelings hurt when I said DC wasn't NE in another thread, and how it's not as fast-paced as Chicago. That's when you started crying like a little kid, and why I had to call you out. Grow up bro!!! Everyone on here constantly has to call you out on your BS and nonsense.

Old 04-27-2016, 10:04 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,862,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
Not a bully but a class clown. I only threw the corn references after he called me a few names. Go back and read.
What is a corn joke??? Come up with some reall comebacks bro! You're making yourself look like a clown. That's why I had to call you out in the first place little man!

Old 04-27-2016, 10:11 AM

2,846 posts, read 2,969,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Ah, the old DC standby: bragging about housing costs. Can percentage of populace with graduate degrees be far behind?
And you are catching on really quickly...

It's called the "reaching" effect- anything and everything in order to stay relevant and keep from seeming inferior.

I haven't started yet but it’s a very unique DC thing. It's an inferiority complex and which is why DC needs to stay out of these conversations. It's a great city and serves a unique purpose that no other city can compete with. But it falls short in many other areas in terms of culture, social activities, etc. But the problem is that DC always wants to be part of the conversation despite saying that it isn't interested in any of that stuff. That’s when the master’s degree, education, pricing, and stats come out. It really looks bad.

It's called an inferiority complex.

Old 04-27-2016, 10:23 AM

13,727 posts, read 15,741,344 times
Attention D.C. Posters

You do not have to argue with all these outsiders from other cities. D.C. is BOOMING and cranes rise on a new corner daily it seems. We are adding million's of square feet in housing, retail, hotel's, etc. etc. and D.C. is changing faster than any city in the nation compared to what it was 20 years ago.

We don't have to feel inferior to anybody nor do we need to apologize for what is happening in our city. Haters....as you were!!!

D.C. posters, please exit from this foolishness.

Old 04-27-2016, 10:24 AM

2,846 posts, read 2,969,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowInWI View Post
My gosh, is someone insecure?
It's not only that poster, it's DC as a whole but I don't fault them.

However, Like I said, DC has no bidness being involved in these or certain other discussions. It should be involved in discussions that represents it better. Fast pace has nothing to do with structural compliances, zoning, and stats alone. It doesn't even have anything to do with transit alone. It's a combined effort of all those coupled with the working class culture.

If you have garages and restaurants that close on weekends 2 blocks away from the white house, due to offices being closed, this is a factor that plays into the aesthetics of a city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City