Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city? (alphabetical order)
Knoxville 6 9.38%
Louisville 23 35.94%
Nashville 36 56.25%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2016, 09:50 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,737,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
louisvillemojo.com even has a group for shotgun owners.
https://www.facebook.com/shotgunfest...type=3&theater

Louisville literally has festivals every week, especially from March-October, when there are several per week and weekend.

Old 02-21-2016, 12:54 AM

9,679 posts, read 9,380,908 times
Louisville would probably be the best choice for you.

Old 02-22-2016, 12:52 PM

184 posts, read 447,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by s.davis View Post
I loathe Nashville, it feels like Austin in 1997, littered with doughy under-worked 20 somethings, desperately trying to make the scene, convinced their little prolonged adolescence is special and new. It's bars and restaurants are almost universally pretentious, it's built environment is uninspiring, it's culture is twee and it's inhabitants are annoying.
Unfortunately I can't think of many places in this country that don't have this character. Insecure, annoying, trying way too hard to seem interesting while they all look and act the same. If Louisville and Nashville have that vibe I'll go ahead and cross them off the list.

Old 02-22-2016, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightiesfan View Post
Unfortunately I can't think of many places in this country that don't have this character. Insecure, annoying, trying way too hard to seem interesting while they all look and act the same. If Louisville and Nashville have that vibe I'll go ahead and cross them off the list.
Louisville is nothing like that. Louisville doesn't try hard to be cool...it just IS. Many of its own residents do not even see how cool it is.

Old 02-22-2016, 01:17 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,327,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter1948 View Post
Louisville is nothing like that. Louisville doesn't try hard to be cool...it just IS. Many of its own residents do not even see how cool it is.
That's a hipster statement if there was one.

Old 02-22-2016, 02:39 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,466,576 times
Knoxville is a good bit smaller especially in terms of amenities (restaurants, museums, etc). If someone wants a more suburban and conservative city it's a good place.

Nashville is faster growing and has a dynamic economy thanks to no income tax Tennessee. For someone that likes pre WW1 urban neighborhoods Louisville would be much better. Nashville has a great downtown but almost no dense urban neighborhoods. Louisville has an improving but still worse downtown but some of the best streetcar suburbs in the nation. Both are excellent food cities for their size. Both are adjacent to forested hills that offer good outdoor activities. I really like Nashville myself, it would be my top choice if I left Louisville.

Last edited by censusdata; 02-22-2016 at 03:16 PM..

Old 02-22-2016, 02:57 PM

11,052 posts, read 12,436,723 times
The answer is typically a resounding "Lousiville!" round these parts, OP.

I personally think Nashville is a pretty sweet place though.

Old 02-22-2016, 04:41 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,291,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter1948 View Post
This is an extremely hipster thing to say haha.

Old 02-22-2016, 04:47 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,291,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by U146 View Post
You just think Louisville is the best place on the planet, don't you? I can't believe you'd even compare it to Nashville. Nashville has a lot more going on culturally than Louisville does. Louisville doesn't have anywhere close to as good as a music scene, not to mention it has no professional sports teams, unlike Nashville, which has 2. And Nashville is in mountainous territory, Louisville isn't. Believe it or not, there are cities better than Louisville. First you compare it to Cleveland, a much bigger city and culturally and in terms of sports on a whole other level than Louisville...next you'll probably be comparing it to Chicago and bragging how much better of a city Louisville is there. You're so loyal to Louisville it blinds you.
I do think he is a bit too prideful about Louisville, but "I can't believe you'd even compare it to Nashville." Is super douchey. It's Nashville, not New York.

Sports doesn't necessarily make a city better, especially the Titans. Mountains don't make Nashville better, Louisville is also in a geographically beautiful area.

Cleveland isn't that much larger either.

Old 02-22-2016, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
I do think he is a bit too prideful about Louisville, but "I can't believe you'd even compare it to Nashville." Is super douchey. It's Nashville, not New York.

Sports doesn't necessarily make a city better, especially the Titans. Mountains don't make Nashville better, Louisville is also in a geographically beautiful area.

Cleveland isn't that much larger either.
I am not too prideful. This IS a thread comparing Louisville against two cities. I assure you I know Louisville better than anybody on this forum. I know it block by block. This is from weeks worth of biking, walking, driving, and busing around the city. What we have here on these forums are some people, mainly from cities declining in growth and population, jealous of my enthusiasm and the growth in Louisville.

I boast about Louisville no more than anyone here writes about their city. Now lets leave Cleveland out of this. Nashville and Louisville both rock, but I think Louisville is much more natural with its cool factor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City