Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 04:13 PM

6,843 posts, read 10,966,660 times

Advertisements

World rank 1st: New York
World rank 8th: San Francisco
World rank 9th: Chicago
World rank 10th: Boston
World rank 11th: Toronto
World rank 12th: Washington, D.C.
World rank 15th: Vancouver
World rank 18th: Montreal

The 20 best cities for global finance GFCI index - Business Insider

Happy to see my hometown 4th in the world, not happy to see our archrivals sitting in 3rd in the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2015, 04:59 PM

2,535 posts, read 3,281,063 times
No honorable mention to Chicago for 9th place? You said in one thread you lived there in the past, but hated its politics. But still said it was one of your Favorite cities after NYC? But you lessen it, in virtually every thread and vote against it in virtually every thread and that is many? You even entered the Chicago vs Vancouver thread? To merely post your vote was for Vancouver? . Short and bitter. All I came in to say.

Thanks for the sight though..... you posted here to look over.

Old 03-30-2015, 05:04 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,235,984 times
RedJohn, that's a really cool picture that goes along with your hometown's ranking And the #4 ranking itself is pretty impressive.

I thought Toronto would rank a bit higher.

Old 03-30-2015, 05:16 PM

Just saying..... we argued on Chicago in other threads. You lessening my post in defense of Chicago in threads. Finally you gave a part reason why? Chicago politics. But I never argued on that. Just gave my short comment ... That's it.

But I like sights with statistics. Because it is not based on personal gripes on cities that lead to a pattern of knocks sometimes?

Certainly you want comments on where cities fall in this statistics sight you posted? I merely then here.... give honorable mention to Chicago then. 9th in the world isn't bad. I certainly won't argue SF bettered it by one? I applaud any cities achievements.

Old 03-30-2015, 05:18 PM

1,461 posts, read 2,110,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeps View Post
No honorable mention to Chicago for 9th place? You said in one thread you lived there in the past, but hated its politics. But still said it was one of your Favorite cities after NYC? But you lessen it, in virtually every thread and vote against it in virtually every thread and that is many? You even entered the Chicago vs Vancouver thread? To merely post your vote was for Vancouver? . Short and bitter. All I came in to say.

Thanks for the sight though..... you posted here to look over.
Your posts are so confusing, I feel like I'm reading a text message from my 10 year old niece.

"No honorable mention to Chicago for 9th place?" What? He listed Chicago and he didn't make any special mention of any of the listed NA cities. You just wanted him (who has nothing to do with the list) to give extra brownie points to Chicago? I'm confused.

Old 03-30-2015, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadicalAtheist View Post
Your posts are so confusing, I feel like I'm reading a text message from my 10 year old niece.

"No honorable mention to Chicago for 9th place?" What? He listed Chicago and he didn't make any special mention of any of the listed NA cities. You just wanted him (who has nothing to do with the list) to give extra brownie points to Chicago? I'm confused.
Sorry you are so confused? My post was not to you. Let's not take it to drivel now. The tread deserves post on the Sight and where cities fall? Let it be me giving honorable mention to Chicago then and all North American cities. Making the list.

Old 03-30-2015, 06:42 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,976,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red John View Post
World rank 1st: New York
World rank 8th: San Francisco
World rank 9th: Chicago
World rank 10th: Boston
World rank 11th: Toronto
World rank 12th: Washington, D.C.
World rank 15th: Vancouver
World rank 18th: Montreal

The 20 best cities for global finance GFCI index - Business Insider

Happy to see my hometown 4th in the world, not happy to see our archrivals sitting in 3rd in the world.
I'm surprised to see that Chicago was behind Boston last year...least it's where it should be this year.

Old 03-30-2015, 08:33 PM

1,353 posts, read 1,644,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeps View Post
Sorry you are so confused? My post was not to you. Let's not take it to drivel now. The tread deserves post on the Sight and where cities fall? Let it be me giving honorable mention to Chicago then and all North American cities. Making the list.
I second RadicalAtheist. I understand English may be your second language, but lazy Americans who do speak second/third languages have much better writing/grammar/punctuation/speaking skills than you. Sorry, but no excuse.

You've been on this site for a year now just about (which means you've lived in the USA for about a year, or more). One would think your writing skills would have improved with time, but unfortunately, it would appear your sense of the English language has actually only gotten worse. And you've been called out many times for it.

It's almost to the point where I honestly can't stand to even look at your posts - they are such jumbled messes of random misspelled words, sometimes in random ALL CAPS. You should, quite frankly, be ASHAMED of how TERRIBLE your English is, and you should not write another word on here until you learn the language of the country in which you live in.

Finally, I am going to ignore you so I don't have to read your response - I won't be able to read or understand it anyway, and it will only frustrate me on so many levels.

Sorry for being so harsh (maybe if we're ALL this harsh on you, you'll get the message), but right now you and SDPMiami are just too much. Too much.

Old 03-30-2015, 08:53 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,976,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonelitist View Post
I second RadicalAtheist. I understand English may be your second language, but lazy Americans who do speak second/third languages have much better writing/grammar/punctuation/speaking skills than you. Sorry, but no excuse.

You've been on this site for a year now just about (which means you've lived in the USA for about a year, or more). One would think your writing skills would have improved with time, but unfortunately, it would appear your sense of the English language has actually only gotten worse. And you've been called out many times for it.

It's almost to the point where I honestly can't stand to even look at your posts - they are such jumbled messes of random misspelled words, sometimes in random ALL CAPS. You should, quite frankly, be ASHAMED of how TERRIBLE your English is, and you should not write another word on here until you learn the language of the country in which you live in.

Finally, I am going to ignore you so I don't have to read your response - I won't be able to read or understand it anyway, and it will only frustrate me on so many levels.

Sorry for being so harsh (maybe if we're ALL this harsh on you, you'll get the message), but right now you and SDPMiami are just too much. Too much.
I haven't had any difficult understanding SDPMiami's posts...why have you?

Old 03-30-2015, 09:05 PM

7,737 posts, read 5,518,049 times
1600 in PA only 600 in Philly. That's why we need to build those condo towers to draw these people back
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City