Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 11:58 AM

708 posts, read 999,162 times

Advertisements

Atlanta, I have friends whose working on some things for Kevin Hart and he's only been in Atlanta for less than 5 months.Now when you go to DT-ATL You see Kev's Ads down there on buses etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2015, 12:11 PM

10,787 posts, read 8,753,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
The only chance of seeing a celeb in philly is like them doing charitable work. Kevin hart presenting rewards to students. Meek mill and his gang riding ATVs. Bill Cosby is not going to be making any more public appearances. John Legend doesn't ever really go to the church he got his start at since he is in the ultra star stage. Actors like Will Smith, Seth green, bob saget, etc. aren't spending time/living in the city any longer. In my opinion it's really only LA in terms of celebs people want to see. My brother lives right in Manhattan. He has only ever texted me a picture of a celeb when he was at dinner on a business trip in LA. Stallone has been around snapping pictures with people for the past few months since they have been filming the next Rocky. So basically the only people you really are going to the see out and about are the sports athletes.
A lot of celebs live in Manhattan though. Maybe it's easier to just blend in there. I did see Jerry Seinfeld once on the subway.

Old 04-22-2015, 12:27 PM

304 posts, read 324,762 times
Elton John used to live in Atlanta. Back when he was really popular he used to come into a movie theater I worked at in midtown. Guy was nice as could be. Atlanta has some celebs but they don't like to be bothered. Shaq rents a condo in Buckhead but apparently he doesn't like it when people take his picture. I would think Philly has a good amount of celebs, but it's not like they make themselves as available as seeing stars on the Sunset strip in LA or NYC's trendy neighborhoods.

Old 04-22-2015, 12:53 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,650,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
A lot of celebs live in Manhattan though. Maybe it's easier to just blend in there. I did see Jerry Seinfeld once on the subway.
Yeah, celebs are all over in Manhattan & Brooklyn. I think they like it because they aren't so noticeable, as for the most part no one gives a sh** or makes a big scene like so often happens to them in LA. My work is in Soho, and celebs get spotted on a pretty regular basis around here (though usually not by me, because I usually am not paying attention to people when I am walking around). When I've been out or at lunch at lunch with some celeb clients though, no one was even really staring.

My biggest true celebrity encounter in Philly was when I almost bumped into James Earl Jones when he was getting out of a car and walking into the Union League. Also I saw Shawn Stockman (from Boys II Men) on a date at the old More Than Just Ice Cream when it was on Pine Street.

Old 04-22-2015, 02:09 PM

4,927 posts, read 14,210,868 times
I wouldnt move to Philly for paparazzi work. Maybe 20 -30 years from now might be a different story.

Walking around In Center City over the years I have seen Oprah,,Dr J,Eddie Vedder,Brett Favre,Dr. OZ,Maurice Cheeks,Miley Cyrus,Charles Barkley,Sidney Crosby,Vince McMahon,Tim Tebow, the dude that used to play the lead role on tv show "Hack,Joaquin Phoenix,and Trumps daughter who is " pretty hot.Think she went to school at U Penn. Thats all I can think of right now.

Oh yeah and the rock group Cinderella,the whole group with the long locks waving in the wind, back in the day.

Old 04-22-2015, 02:18 PM

8,485 posts, read 14,990,056 times
Oh, no, you will not find anything like Atlanta in terms of celeb sightings in Philly. Not to knock Philly, or say there are no celebs there, but it's not that kind of city.

I am surprised though that you say you are a paparazzo. I live in Buckhead, where seeing a celeb is an every day thing, and I don't think I've ever seen a proper paparazzo out on the streets. That's one of the things that draws celebs here and has helped pave a path for the booming film and tv industry here. Do you mainly shoot events?

Old 04-22-2015, 02:49 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,895,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
Oh, no, you will not find anything like Atlanta in terms of celeb sightings in Philly. Not to knock Philly, or say there are no celebs there, but it's not that kind of city.

I am surprised though that you say you are a paparazzo. I live in Buckhead, where seeing a celeb is an every day thing, and I don't think I've ever seen a proper paparazzo out on the streets. That's one of the things that draws celebs here and has helped pave a path for the booming film and tv industry here. Do you mainly shoot events?
totally agree Philly is not a celeb center by any stretch

Miami, LA, NYC and Atl (to lessor extent Chicago) and LV are probably tops in no real specific order

maybe celebrity chefs for Philly but not really mainstream celebs in any large sense

Old 04-22-2015, 02:55 PM

3 posts, read 3,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post

My clients inform me where I need to be for celebrities. I keep my distance and take pictures. When they ask me to ask questions only then I talk to the celebrities.

I send all the pics to my boss after that.

Old 04-22-2015, 03:00 PM

25 posts, read 35,144 times
Celebrities nearly all live in LA or NYC. I guess some rappers live in Atlanta but that's it.

Old 04-22-2015, 03:06 PM

37,875 posts, read 41,910,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margiela View Post
Celebrities nearly all live in LA or NYC. I guess some rappers live in Atlanta but that's it.
R&B artists too, as well as others; some of them live in Atlanta part-time. Plus lots of actors are in Atlanta these days because of all the movies being shot there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City