Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 03:07 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,465,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margiela View Post
Celebrities nearly all live in LA or NYC. I guess some rappers live in Atlanta but that's it.
Celebrities live all over now and some even live in Florida and Texas now to avoid paying state tax. Nashville and Atlanta have a lot of celebs live in their cities. I would never want to live around too many celebs anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2015, 01:17 PM

10,787 posts, read 8,754,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainrock View Post
I wouldnt move to Philly for paparazzi work. Maybe 20 -30 years from now might be a different story.

Walking around In Center City over the years I have seen Oprah,,Dr J,Eddie Vedder,Brett Favre,Dr. OZ,Maurice Cheeks,Miley Cyrus,Charles Barkley,Sidney Crosby,Vince McMahon,Tim Tebow, the dude that used to play the lead role on tv show "Hack,Joaquin Phoenix,and Trumps daughter who is " pretty hot.Think she went to school at U Penn. Thats all I can think of right now.

Oh yeah and the rock group Cinderella,the whole group with the long locks waving in the wind, back in the day.
The dude from Hack, David Morris, lives here, afaik. Makes sense that you saw Trump's daughter since, yes, she went to Penn, and she and her husband now own the Piazza at Schmidt's complex in N. Liberties.

John Legend also went to Penn, btw.

Old 04-24-2015, 03:05 PM

708 posts, read 999,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margiela View Post
Celebrities nearly all live in LA or NYC. I guess some rappers live in Atlanta but that's it.
Woah,woah,woahhhhh wait....... There's not just rappers that lives in Atlanta it's singers,artist,actors,football,basketball,baseball players and retired celebrities not to mention the others but....I see celebrities daily down here,you just got to come to the ATL and experience yourself.

Old 04-24-2015, 03:40 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,030,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
R&B artists too, as well as others; some of them live in Atlanta part-time. Plus lots of actors are in Atlanta these days because of all the movies being shot there.
Also lots of actors and athletes in Atlanta...I saw Monica Seles in the airport one time back in the 90s when she was still highly ranked. I've also seen Jennifer Capriati and Pam Shriver in different restaurants. I think these sightings are fairly common here.

Old 04-24-2015, 05:47 PM

1,186 posts, read 1,510,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
R&B artists too, as well as others; some of them live in Atlanta part-time. Plus lots of actors are in Atlanta these days because of all the movies being shot there.
I remember running into Ryan Reyonds in EAV a few years ago. At first I thought it was a look alike. Then I said "oh wow."

He responded by saying, "oh wow" and smiling. I then said, "never thought I'd see Ryan Reyonds or any big star in Atlanta.

He smiled and said "There are more of us here than you know." Then he reached out and grabbed my shoulder and went inside the restaurant.

Probably one of the coolest moments in my life.

I also found out that a lot of them buy homes under the guise of business names and such, since searching tax records is extremely easy in Georgia. Nonetheless, they're here. And they stay well out of site.

Old 04-24-2015, 05:54 PM

1,353 posts, read 1,642,462 times
Atlanta is packed full of celebs. I saw them all the time when I lived there. Even partied with a couple big names. Atlanta has that "vibe", I think, that is attractive to celebrity types.

Old 04-25-2015, 10:47 AM

312 posts, read 268,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL Celebrity View Post
Hi guys my job is to take pictures of celebrities for my clients. My bread and butter thrives off celebrity appearances. Does Philly have as many celebrities as Atlanta? My clients and I are thinking about relocating to Philly. We may need a change in scenery but are worried that Philly doesn't have as many celebrities as Atlanta. Is celebrity appearance common in Philly? They are all over the city in Atlanta.
First off, I am someone who lives on the Main Line, which contains Philly's and some of the countries most affluent towns. I'm about 10 miles from downtown. Similar to the distance between Beverly Hills and DTLA. At one point, Will Smith was my neighbor. So, Philly is definitely becoming a more attractive city for celebrities. Jay Z and Beyonce may be buying a penthouse in the city, Meek Mill is engaged to Nicki Minaj so I'm sure they will spend some time in the cities. Made in America (huge concert), which has some of the worlds biggest artist like Kanye (who brought Kim and North with him). So I think Philly is a great place to relocate. The Real Housewives has considered doing a franchise here. Comcast (headquartered in Philly) owns NBC Universal and I'm sure over time, studios will be moved to Philly. I think it is just a matter of time before shows/reality shows start to pop up. I've lived on the Main Line my who life and believe me this place would make an amazing reality show. I would move to Philly because you are a hop and a skip from New York and DC, The Hamptons, The Jersey Shore, etc. Atlanta is just Atlanta. Its a long drive to Miami and Nashville. Overall, Philly has both a celebrity following and you are close to some of the most celebrity dense places in the country and world.

Hope this helps!

Old 04-25-2015, 01:18 PM

3,006 posts, read 2,628,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifercheswold View Post
First off, I am someone who lives on the Main Line, which contains Philly's and some of the countries most affluent towns. I'm about 10 miles from downtown. Similar to the distance between Beverly Hills and DTLA. At one point, Will Smith was my neighbor. So, Philly is definitely becoming a more attractive city for celebrities. Jay Z and Beyonce may be buying a penthouse in the city, Meek Mill is engaged to Nicki Minaj so I'm sure they will spend some time in the cities. Made in America (huge concert), which has some of the worlds biggest artist like Kanye (who brought Kim and North with him). So I think Philly is a great place to relocate. The Real Housewives has considered doing a franchise here. Comcast (headquartered in Philly) owns NBC Universal and I'm sure over time, studios will be moved to Philly. I think it is just a matter of time before shows/reality shows start to pop up. I've lived on the Main Line my who life and believe me this place would make an amazing reality show. I would move to Philly because you are a hop and a skip from New York and DC, The Hamptons, The Jersey Shore, etc. Atlanta is just Atlanta. Its a long drive to Miami and Nashville. Overall, Philly has both a celebrity following and you are close to some of the most celebrity dense places in the country and world.

Hope this helps!
I'd be more than happy for all of Atlanta's trashy reality shows to move to Philadelphia. You can have them.

OP might as well stay in Atlanta. Not even counting the number that live here, the huge volume of TV and movie productions going on at any given time means there's never a short supply of recognizable people.

Old 04-25-2015, 08:43 PM

18,460 posts, read 15,240,962 times
I had a friend who was a meteorologist in Philadelphia before I met him. I originally met him in NY, we have daughters the same age. Anyway, when he would have his Philly friends up to visit, they made it seem like he was the biggest celebrity in the world. They would tell me stories about going out to clubs and restaurants with him, and they were always the center of attention. "Everyone in Philly knows his name." I remember always thinking to myself that Philadelphia must have a real shortage of celebrities if a meteorologist is such a big deal there. He eventually moved back to Philadelphia, and he said it was because of a job opportunity, but I think it was because in NYC, a meteorologist is a C-list celebrity, at best, and he missed having people making a fuss over him.

Old 04-26-2015, 08:42 AM

10,787 posts, read 8,754,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
I'd be more than happy for all of Atlanta's trashy reality shows to move to Philadelphia. You can have them.

OP might as well stay in Atlanta. Not even counting the number that live here, the huge volume of TV and movie productions going on at any given time means there's never a short supply of recognizable people.
That poster is a little off. None of those shows are moving to Philly. Phila. already has a long running "infomercial" network, QVC. And Comcast, though yes, it's based in Phila., will never move its iconic studio, Universal, out of California.

That poster is correct about the rumors that Jay-C and Beyonce may move to Phila., part time,. because of Made in America shows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City