Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 05:01 PM

17,907 posts, read 13,842,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58rhodes View Post
The Packers are city owned
Packers are a publicly traded entity. You can buy stock in the Packers if somebody is willing to part with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2015, 10:10 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,497,308 times
Nashville has two major teams, and a minor baseball team and is smaller than both markets. I'd like to see MLS added to the mix, which I think already has a major following here. Baseball and basketball........not so much as fans are split between Cincinnati Reds and Atlanta Braves, and Memphis already has the Grizzlies. Soccer is more exciting, anyway, my two cents.

Old 07-01-2015, 12:16 PM

3,453 posts, read 4,549,626 times
I actually had to think for a bit to come up with the 2 Nashville "major" teams, haha...no offense. Not much history or success there. Or even fan support.

Old 07-01-2015, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese plate View Post
I actually had to think for a bit to come up with the 2 Nashville "major" teams, haha...no offense. Not much history or success there. Or even fan support.
No offense taken lol. Most people don't know that Nashville has two major teams and for quite some time. Hockey and Football. It also doesn't help that the Tennessee Titans don't reflect the city's name either. I have to disagree with you on fan support, however. Nashville fans come out for the predators in droves, and the Titans in recent years whether they lost every game or not. The Titans have had controversy over ticket sales, though.

Old 07-01-2015, 07:39 PM

144 posts, read 272,177 times
Portland already supports two of the big five. With nearly 3 million people in the metro, they could easily support a third. Austin is in a tough spot with San Antonio so close, but I think the Austin would be capable of supporting a MLS or maybe an NHL franchise.

Old 07-01-2015, 07:42 PM

144 posts, read 272,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
No offense taken lol. Most people don't know that Nashville has two major teams and for quite some time. Hockey and Football. It also doesn't help that the Tennessee Titans don't reflect the city's name either. I have to disagree with you on fan support, however. Nashville fans come out for the predators in droves, and the Titans in recent years whether they lost every game or not. The Titans have had controversy over ticket sales, though.
I realize the Titans have been pretty awful lately, but I wouldn't say that fans in Nashville are really supporting the Titans well. It was pretty evident that most games the past couple years have had anywhere between 10K and 30K empty seats. The Predators are well supported when the team is competitive.

Old 07-01-2015, 07:54 PM

448 posts, read 595,598 times
I honestly forgot Nashville had 2 teams as well, until I was at the airport 2 weeks ago and saw the Predators and Titans stuff

Old 07-01-2015, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH3Flatlander View Post
I realize the Titans have been pretty awful lately, but I wouldn't say that fans in Nashville are really supporting the Titans well. It was pretty evident that most games the past couple years have had anywhere between 10K and 30K empty seats. The Predators are well supported when the team is competitive.
I said in recent years, not so much anymore. :-(

Old 07-02-2015, 07:49 AM

616 posts, read 648,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Packers are a publicly traded entity. You can buy stock in the Packers if somebody is willing to part with it.
but with stock ownership comes the right to obtain tickets. even when stock holders pass on they are willed to family.---Its going to be awhile before the Packers go anywhere

Old 07-02-2015, 08:22 AM

5,993 posts, read 10,227,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 58rhodes View Post
but with stock ownership comes the right to obtain tickets. even when stock holders pass on they are willed to family.---Its going to be awhile before the Packers go anywhere
Good! I personally wish that any/every team that's been in the league for at least 50 years should be designated as a historic team and therefore never be allowed to be traded away or disassembled without consent of the people of the city/region, or the governing entity who represents them. Or, basically every AFC and NFC North and East team.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City