Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2016, 07:21 AM

13,825 posts, read 30,045,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_SW_77 View Post
Cortez. Not among the nicest towns in CO to be honest, but it nice sunny/arid climate and very close to two of my favorite towns in CO; Telluride and Durango.

Park City, UT or Stowe, VT.
Stowe. Always fancied myself more of a New Englander than a Utahn.

Birmingham, AL or Memphis, TN?

Old 02-03-2016, 01:04 PM

3,338 posts, read 6,935,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
Duluth. 1000x Duluth. I had family in Bangor for a while and it's an isolated, boring little town. There's nothing wrong with it other than the fact that it's really not a city. It's just... meh. Duluth is probably more comparable to Portland, Maine in terms of size and tourism (both are the jumping off points for their respective scenic regions). Portland v. Duluth, I'd probably lean toward Portland, but definitely Duluth over Bangor.

Salt Lake City or Boise?
Boise. Cleaner air, comparable amenities (minus light rail), much more scenic and lush and expansive city parks, a more vibrant and pedestrian friendly downtown, better cycling town, better coffee shops, a river runs through it, adjacent to the mountains and evergreen forests, better micro brew scene and a wine region is located in the metro area. And the people are not as stressed out as the peeps in SLC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2016, 06:35 PM

588 posts, read 1,325,600 times
You broke the thread ^

Memphis although both don't sound great. Memphis is a little bit less deep south compared to Birmingham. Memphis metro seems a tad bigger. Never been to either. BBQ sounds good in memphis.

Oklahoma City OK or Memphis TN

Old 02-04-2016, 08:30 PM

114 posts, read 242,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachj7 View Post
You broke the thread ^

Memphis although both don't sound great. Memphis is a little bit less deep south compared to Birmingham. Memphis metro seems a tad bigger. Never been to either. BBQ sounds good in memphis.

Oklahoma City OK or Memphis TN
Memphis sounds like more fun and better food.

Nashville, TN or Asheville, NC?

Old 02-04-2016, 09:03 PM

1,017 posts, read 1,504,462 times
Nashville

Asheville is too small for me

Manchester NH or Ft. Wayne IN?

Old 02-05-2016, 12:24 AM

14,769 posts, read 14,762,352 times
Fort Wayne would be closer to family in Ohio and Michigan, but otherwise can't see it as a place which wouldn't drive me insane to be. NH would at least be a short drive to VT, Boston and the rest of New England.

Gary IN or Camden NJ?

Old 02-05-2016, 08:38 AM

37,931 posts, read 42,243,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Fort Wayne would be closer to family in Ohio and Michigan, but otherwise can't see it as a place which wouldn't drive me insane to be. NH would at least be a short drive to VT, Boston and the rest of New England.

Gary IN or Camden NJ?
Camden...I already live in Camden County now and they are making improvements in downtown, plus it's closer to Philly than Gary is to Chicago and has rail transit to Philly. And I don't think Camden's decline is as drastic as Gary's.

St. Paul, MN or St. Petersburg, FL?

Old 02-09-2016, 07:15 PM
PDF

11,396 posts, read 13,479,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Camden...I already live in Camden County now and they are making improvements in downtown, plus it's closer to Philly than Gary is to Chicago and has rail transit to Philly. And I don't think Camden's decline is as drastic as Gary's.

St. Paul, MN or St. Petersburg, FL?
Hmm tough choice, but St. Paul just so I could be connected to Minneapolis. And it reminds me of Milwaukee.

Dallas, TX or Colorado Springs, CO?

Old 02-09-2016, 08:00 PM

1,099 posts, read 1,442,955 times
Dallas; while I prefer Colorado overall, I would rather live in a larger metro area. Plus, Dallas attracts a lot of transplants and I heard the dating scene is mostly dudes in Colorado Springs

St. Louis or Detroit?

Old 02-09-2016, 08:39 PM
PDF

11,396 posts, read 13,479,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanRam View Post
Dallas; while I prefer Colorado overall, I would rather live in a larger metro area. Plus, Dallas attracts a lot of transplants and I heard the dating scene is mostly dudes in Colorado Springs

St. Louis or Detroit?
St. Louis. Better public transit and I like their historical neighborhoods.

Omaha, NE or Spokane, WA?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City