Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2016, 10:23 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,113,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly Gentilly View Post
Jefferson City just seems to be a much prettier city.

Long Beach, CA or Decatur, GA?
Long Beach...better weather and more to do.

Santa Fe, NM or Flagstaff, AZ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2016, 11:29 AM

1,099 posts, read 1,438,398 times
Santa Fe for sure; I've heard that there is a great community, and the pictures look beautiful. I had a miserable experience when I visited Flagstaff....very dilapidated town (or at least where I was).

Kansas City, Missouri or Chicago, Illinois?

Old 07-26-2016, 11:35 AM

8,992 posts, read 17,362,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanRam View Post
Santa Fe for sure; I've heard that there is a great community, and the pictures look beautiful. I had a miserable experience when I visited Flagstaff....very dilapidated town (or at least where I was).

Kansas City, Missouri or Chicago, Illinois?
For all the hate it gets, Chicago is still a cool place. I like both, but I would welcome an opportunity to move to Chicago.

Houston TX or Philadelphia PA

Old 07-26-2016, 01:09 PM

6,772 posts, read 4,570,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
For all the hate it gets, Chicago is still a cool place. I like both, but I would welcome an opportunity to move to Chicago.

Houston TX or Philadelphia PA
Houston. One of the better ranked metros these days. Good economy and affordable. I've had a few bad experiences with Philly. Would never want to live there.

Orlando, FL or Las Vegas, NV?

Old 07-26-2016, 01:46 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,494,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Houston. One of the better ranked metros these days. Good economy and affordable. I've had a few bad experiences with Philly. Would never want to live there.

Orlando, FL or Las Vegas, NV?
Orlando because it is a nicer more well rounded city. The hospitality and love shown by its citizens during the horrific tragedy in June also made me feel like the city would be a nice place to live. I have yet to explore Winter Park, but will do so the next time I visit.

Boca Raton, FL or Scottsdale, AZ?

Old 07-27-2016, 10:14 PM

3,058 posts, read 3,841,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Orlando because it is a nicer more well rounded city. The hospitality and love shown by its citizens during the horrific tragedy in June also made me feel like the city would be a nice place to live. I have yet to explore Winter Park, but will do so the next time I visit.

Boca Raton, FL or Scottsdale, AZ?
Scottsdale, AZ. I can't stand Florida.

Nashua, NH or Olympia, WA?

Old 07-27-2016, 10:57 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,494,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageSunlight View Post
Scottsdale, AZ. I can't stand Florida.

Nashua, NH or Olympia, WA?
Olympia because it is a wealthy area.

Richmond, VA or Kansas City, MO?

Old 07-28-2016, 06:37 AM

1,719 posts, read 2,112,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Olympia because it is a wealthy area.

Richmond, VA or Kansas City, MO?
I would go with KCMO, part of the country I've never been to, larger metro area, BBQ and seems like it has some pretty cool neighborhoods. On the flip side I love civil war history and I believe Richmond has a much better location with its relative proximity to the coast and other large metro areas.

Gatlinburg, TN or Fresno, California?

Old 07-28-2016, 08:15 AM

3,058 posts, read 3,841,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye614 View Post
I would go with KCMO, part of the country I've never been to, larger metro area, BBQ and seems like it has some pretty cool neighborhoods. On the flip side I love civil war history and I believe Richmond has a much better location with its relative proximity to the coast and other large metro areas.

Gatlinburg, TN or Fresno, California?
Tough one but I'd actually go with Fresno. Its near Yosemite and Kings Canyon / Sequoia , and 2.5 hours from the coast and Tahoe.

Charleston, SC or Sacramento, CA?

Old 07-28-2016, 08:39 AM

1,180 posts, read 991,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageSunlight View Post
Tough one but I'd actually go with Fresno. Its near Yosemite and Kings Canyon / Sequoia , and 2.5 hours from the coast and Tahoe.

Charleston, SC or Sacramento, CA?
Charleston, SC.

Mostly because I'm a native SC'er. Cost living is probably lower in Charleston than Sacramento. Charlestons is on the water as well and is a nice quaint city.

Mobile, Alabama or Kansas City, Missouri?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City