Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2016, 02:58 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,901,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeauty212 View Post
Summersm aka RightonWalnut stats are meaningless, because its skewed to fit his narrative of Philly and not conclusive.

misrepresentation of what .... OMG this is unreal .... there's nothing for me to misrepresent .... Philadelphia is the Poorest Big City in America, end of story. I took it straight from the horses mouths. Two sources of media confirmed this, it goes directly against the claim Shakeesha made about Philadelphia doing better than Pittsburgh. It's NOT!

Look I'm sorry if PBS members have a hard time with truths about Philadelphia .... The majority of CvC seems to be filled with PBS personnel now. But when the lone news Paper, and the Mayor admit to the stark realization of the ills of Philly, there no pulling anything out of my a**, its all right there, anyone can read.

The Inquirer and Nutter have nothing to gain by nonfactual bash their city.... They admit to the real Philly, unlike the PBS here.
What is PBS?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2016, 03:06 PM

5,802 posts, read 9,909,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenses & Lights. View Post
What is PBS?
The Philly Booster Squad, its a defined bunch of Philly Homers on CvC forum (about 12 or so) that have this irrational view to paint Philadelphia into something its not ...

it's part of why you see so many "______ vs. Philadelphia" threads on here. There's many a Trolls that will start those threads just to bring out the PBS members, and they come flying in every time.

They Misrepresent Data, Make up their own Facts, totally marginalize the "Other" City as being less than ... In order to Prop Philly up as some sort of NYC type heavyweight.

They do a real Dis-service to the City of Philly, because their ad-nauseam Boosting of Philly, makes objective people here kind of Hate Philly, even though they no nothing about Philly, but its really all the Philly Boosting that they hate. So to a PBS member, you become a Philly Hater, like Summersm/RightonWalnut ... absolutely any opposing criticism of Philadelphia gets you branded a Philly Hater.

Old 01-05-2016, 03:13 PM

1,122 posts, read 929,638 times
Philly has women. in spades. off the charts. insane. most underrated. in Philly, everyone walks and walks and walks and walks. It's what they do. Makes the women toned. I like this. I also like Fargo, ND, Greenville, NC, and Fayetteville AK... but that's for other threads.
Pitt not sure what you call that. but she sure loves them hot dogs.
is it politically unacceptable to say this and risk offending someone?

Old 01-05-2016, 03:39 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,901,072 times
Quote:
The Philly Booster Squad, its a defined bunch of Philly Homers on CvC forum (about 12 or so) that have this irrational view to paint Philadelphia into something its not ...

it's part of why you see so many "______ vs. Philadelphia" threads on here. There's many a Trolls that will start those threads just to bring out the PBS members, and they come flying in every time.

They Misrepresent Data, Make up their own Facts, totally marginalize the "Other" City as being less than ... In order to Prop Philly up as some sort of NYC type heavyweight.

They do a real Dis-service to the City of Philly, because their ad-nauseam Boosting of Philly, makes objective people here kind of Hate Philly, even though they no nothing about Philly, but its really all the Philly Boosting that they hate. So to a PBS member, you become a Philly Hater, like Summersm/RightonWalnut ... absolutely any opposing criticism of Philadelphia gets you branded a Philly Hater.

"Philly Booster Squad." (lol) I'm from Philly, love my hometown. It has many things I love, some I like, some I don't like, and some I absolutely hate. Sometimes people can embellish their positive views of it and then there are those who choose to bash it without facts or even a visit for whatever reason. Either way it's been in a better position (to a certain extent) than when it was when I left 20 years ago..Trust me it was worse.

It'll still be another decade for it to reach "World Class" status, so to speak and that will be based on job growth and school improvements just to start. I mean job growth for the working class of semi skilled and even unskilled labor. When I moved in the late 90's there were MORE blue collar jobs in the city at that time. People didn't have to head 15-25 miles outside the city as much.

Old 01-05-2016, 03:44 PM

1,032 posts, read 2,712,475 times
Quote:

You sound bitter. Stay mad. Philly will continue to be great.

Old 01-05-2016, 04:01 PM

Like I said any critisim of Philly and you bring'em out ...

Sweetkisses - not bitter, sorry that realism sound like bitterness. Maybe I would too gullably buy into the PBS Fatasy of Philly if I didnt live there myself.

Is there a reason many of you participate feverantly on CvC but barely touch the actually Philly subforums??? Is it because many of the Philly homers there wont buy your guys "Philly is all Roses" BS either.

Old 01-05-2016, 04:02 PM

7,743 posts, read 5,539,803 times
Quote:

you are the troll here. Your only response was "Philly has the highest rate of poverty out of the 10 biggest cities". Thats a pretty pathetic argument about why Pittsburgh is so much better..

I am one of the more frequent users, where does anyone of us "misrepresent facts and make them up"? It really upsets you that much that Pittsburgh's growth is basically a net zero and Philly's isn't? Because that's all those articles said before your ridiculous response.

Anyway...

One big difference between Philly and Pittsburgh is that Philadelphia is it's own County. Pittsburgh is a city in Allegheny County. Philadelphia only receives additional funding from the state and federal governments. Pittsburgh receives funding from the county level also.

Old 01-05-2016, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Like I said any critisim of Philly and you bring'em out ...

Sweetkisses - not bitter, and not insecure about my city either, i acknowledge its strengths and its flaws. Maybe I would too gullably buy into the PBS Fatasy of Philly if I didnt live there myself.

There a reason many of you participate feverantly on CvC but barely touch the actually Philly subforums??? Is it because many of the Philly homers there wont buy your guys "Philly is all Roses" BS.
lol who said that but you? Sad troll...

Old 01-05-2016, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
you are the troll here. Your only response was "Philly has the highest rate of poverty out of the 10 biggest cities". Thats a pretty pathetic argument about why Pittsburgh is so much better..

I am one of the more frequent users, where does anyone of us "misrepresent facts and make them up"? It really upsets you that much that Pittsburgh's growth is basically a net zero and Philly's isn't? Because that's all those articles said before your ridiculous response.

Anyway...

One big difference between Philly and Pittsburgh is that Philadelphia is it's own County. Pittsburgh is a city in Allegheny County. Philadelphia only receives additional funding from the state and federal governments. Pittsburgh receives funding from the county level also.
I didnt say Pittsburgh was better.... again, but Philly definitely not an overachiever against Pittsburgh. Sorry its not. That a problem with the PBS you guys hear what you want to hear.

Pathetic Argument??? Really... I'd say it was pretty valid seeing that it comes straight from Philadelphia media source and the Mayor himself. Because YOU dont want to hear it doesnt make it less valid and "pathetic"

"Philadelphia is the Impovished Big City in America" ... Per the Philadelphia Inquirer and Mayor Michael Nutter, himself. Sorry PBS, you can't get around those proclamations.

Old 01-05-2016, 04:16 PM

Quote:
I didnt say Pittsburgh was better.... again, but Philly definitely not an overachiever against Pittsburgh. Sorry its not. That a problem with the PBS you guys hear what you want to hear.
....right. So you want me to say there are a lot of poor people in Philadelphia? Does that make the troll feel better?

Quote:
Pathetic Argument??? Really... I'd say it was pretty valid seeing that it comes straight from Philadelphia media source and the Mayor himself. Because YOU dont want to hear it doesnt make it less valid and "pathetic"

"Philadelphia is the Impovished Big City in America" ... Per the Philadelphia Inquirer and Mayor Michael Nutter, himself. Sorry PBS, you can't get around those proclamations.
Again. so poor people are the biggest negative you can have? Damn. You are something. You can repeat it again on here, most of us don't care. Chicago and DC maybe more "wealthier" than us as a whole, but the murder rate was still lower!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City