Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city do you see having the biggest future in the entertainment industry?
New York City 8 7.34%
LA 49 44.95%
Boston 2 1.83%
Atlanta 37 33.94%
Washington, D.C. 0 0%
Other 13 11.93%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2015, 03:41 PM

1,687 posts, read 1,439,295 times

Advertisements

Atlanta boosters are hilarious. Studios/sound stages can go empty. It doesnt guarantee anything.

You're the new Canada. Canada started in the early 90s and made no progress of taking anything substantial from LA. No sizeable production companies, studios, talent agencies, nothing. Look at IMDBPRO for where companies actually ARE. Even NYC fairs horribly to what LA has. Canada is worse.

London is the only other city that seems to have a good amount of production companies/studios located there.

Canada had one company do well (Lionsgate) and it left as soon as it could.

Atlanta will be left with Tyler Perry if tax credits ended.

Good luck with that.

I wouldnt bet anything Atlanta's (or anywhere else) tax credits staying long term. It only takes a few politicians to change everything.

Hollywood would leave in a second, as it's already done in other states.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2015, 03:45 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,407,534 times
Atlanta has done very well but it's not a threat yet, however with "new media" and Hollywood having an emerging presence I can see a mutual relationship with the Bay area and LA, beneficial to both.

Old 09-07-2015, 03:49 PM

2,322 posts, read 2,994,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calisonn View Post
Atlanta has done very well but it's not a threat yet, however with "new media" and Hollywood having an emerging presence I can see a mutual relationship with the Bay area and LA, beneficial to both.
Yeah... THIS is the future of entertainment which is why Buzzfeed got millions from NBC Universal to open Buzzfeed Studios in Hollywood and they are planning to move their HQ to the Arts District in DTLA. Same reason Netflix is opening a huge office in Hollywood, why Amazon is filming constantly in the LA area, and Google has studios in LA.

Especially now with Silicon Beach? Its only going to get bigger.

Old 09-07-2015, 03:50 PM

The reason why Silicon Valley is expanding to LA is because of Hollywood. LA will benefit alot , as well SF.

Until a major studio or production company or a talent agency like CAA or William Morris leaves, LA is fine.

Everything else is just wishful thinking.

Congrats on Tyler Perry though. Awesome, awesome movies *sarcasm*.

Last edited by Freddy K; 09-07-2015 at 04:01 PM..

Old 09-07-2015, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamills21 View Post
Yeah... THIS is the future of entertainment which is why Buzzfeed got millions from NBC Universal to open Buzzfeed Studios in Hollywood and they are planning to move their HQ to the Arts District in DTLA. Same reason Netflix is opening a huge office in Hollywood, why Amazon is filming constantly in the LA area, and Google has studios in LA.

Especially now with Silicon Beach? Its only going to get bigger.

Youtube has a massive studio in Playa Vista.

Alot of youtube stars are in LA already.

Old 09-07-2015, 04:00 PM

1,461 posts, read 2,112,167 times
I feel like the 'I love LA' song is playing on repeat inside of your head at all times.

Old 09-07-2015, 04:03 PM

I just like calling out the bs from people who have no idea what they're talking about. The OP said he sees changes but can't name one example what they are.

Old 09-07-2015, 04:22 PM

215 posts, read 385,328 times
People get a grip! Atlanta over NYC? Come on now! I think this might be the time and place to start posting some stats/numbers because I would lump Atlanta in with Chicago, or maybe slightly ahead of Chicago. I know the title of this post says "future" but I still don't see it beating NYC.

Old 09-09-2015, 12:40 PM

3,453 posts, read 4,534,096 times
It's LA by a mile here, then NYC (stop. Go another mile) and then everywhere else. There should be demerits for voting ATL in this poll, or at least some sort of reeducation camp. Some kind of real world penalty.

Old 09-09-2015, 12:55 PM

2,322 posts, read 2,994,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese plate View Post
It's LA by a mile here, then NYC (stop. Go another mile) and then everywhere else. There should be demerits for voting ATL in this poll, or at least some sort of reeducation camp. Some kind of real world penalty.
I swear I wonder who's actually living in LALA Land sometimes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City