Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city do you see having the biggest future in the entertainment industry?
New York City 8 7.34%
LA 49 44.95%
Boston 2 1.83%
Atlanta 37 33.94%
Washington, D.C. 0 0%
Other 13 11.93%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 03:49 PM

1,461 posts, read 2,113,106 times

Advertisements

Georgia and NY state are the biggest gainers currently but only when it comes to film/tv. I think both are here to stay but obviously Hollywood isn't going anywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2015, 04:14 PM

1,687 posts, read 1,439,981 times
They didn't fail.
They lost tax credits and Hollywood lost interest.

I don't know why people think of you build soundstages it means people will always be there. It's like office space.
It doesn't mean anything.

If studio projects left Atlanta what would it have? Tyler perry?

Old 09-10-2015, 05:00 PM

1,461 posts, read 2,113,106 times
Hey I've been wondering what you think about other states' tax credits for TV/movies. Are they here to stay? What happens to ATL if they go away in Georgia? Is Hollywood the best ever? I am interested in seeing what your thoughts are on these subjects.

Old 09-10-2015, 09:17 PM

1,901 posts, read 3,089,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalatheist View Post
hey i've been wondering what you think about other states' tax credits for tv/movies. Are they here to stay? What happens to atl if they go away in georgia? Is hollywood the best ever? I am interested in seeing what your thoughts are on these subjects.
lmaoooo

Old 09-11-2015, 12:31 AM

1,932 posts, read 2,475,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadicalAtheist View Post
Hey I've been wondering what you think about other states' tax credits for TV/movies. Are they here to stay? What happens to ATL if they go away in Georgia? Is Hollywood the best ever? I am interested in seeing what your thoughts are on these subjects.
you are very cool

Old 09-11-2015, 12:32 AM

13,709 posts, read 21,944,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy K View Post
Atlanta boosters are hilarious. Studios/sound stages can go empty. It doesnt guarantee anything.

You're the new Canada. Canada started in the early 90s and made no progress of taking anything substantial from LA. No sizeable production companies, studios, talent agencies, nothing. Look at IMDBPRO for where companies actually ARE. Even NYC fairs horribly to what LA has. Canada is worse.

London is the only other city that seems to have a good amount of production companies/studios located there.

Canada had one company do well (Lionsgate) and it left as soon as it could.

Atlanta will be left with Tyler Perry if tax credits ended.

Good luck with that.

I wouldnt bet anything Atlanta's (or anywhere else) tax credits staying long term. It only takes a few politicians to change everything.

Hollywood would leave in a second, as it's already done in other states.
Have you ever heard of PINEWOOD ATLANTA STUDIOS? Maybe you should google it.

The Atlanta hate would be funny if it wasn't so damn ignorant:

Old 09-11-2015, 06:43 AM

1,687 posts, read 1,439,981 times
Atlanta posters are ignorant of the massive difference of where production companies, talent companies, casting agencies etc are located. The big seven studios companies.
It's on imdbpro. It's all there. This will never change.

I don't remember seeing anything in Atlanta. Pinewood is London based anyway.

Old 09-11-2015, 09:33 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,788,941 times
Quote:
Atlanta posters are ignorant of the massive difference of where production companies, talent companies, casting agencies etc are located. The big seven studios companies.
It's on imdbpro. It's all there. This will never change.

I don't remember seeing anything in Atlanta. Pinewood is London based anyway.
U

Old 09-11-2015, 10:29 AM

3,875 posts, read 4,703,581 times
Default Which city..

Quote:
It's hilarious. Their only/best asset is Tyler perry. What's gonna happen when people get tired of his stuff? He isn't James Cameron.

Team delusion.
Freddy K
You're awfully defensive here about LA.
I've been on vacations to LA where much of my focus was on enjoying various aspects of the entertainment industry that is based there. Moreover, nobody disputes that it is a given that LA & NY are the kings of the biz but you are so badly misinformed to have written regarding Atlanta that, "Their only/best asset is Tyler Perry."
If that's all you know or what you honestly think is the best that Atl has going for it at this point in the industry, then nothing in the way of facts that support that there is far more to Atl than just Tyler Perry will convince you otherwise.
Why do you even write anything here about Atl if you are so uninformed about it? You obviously have made no effort to know what is hapening in Atl or what is coming there in the way of under construction &/or planned new film/tv business infrastructure on beyond the already-in-place facilities.
I am unable to load any links to support my contention because of my office fire wall which doesn't interact well with the C-D Forum. In view of that, simply google Pinewood Studios, Fayetteville, Ga. to give you an idea of just ONE of the huge players that is already on the scene in Atl.
Their facility is the closest studio to my home so that's why I mention it here. It is already undergoing an addition to the original new facility & is so large, at 700 acres, that the complex includes a Home Depot store that is purely & simply only there to serve Pinewood.
With the amount of money invested on that Fayetteville facility on a studio of that magnitude, I can assure you that the Pinewood brass don't look at their Georgia facility as a temporary, short term stop.
As I wrote a moment ago, Pinewood Studios is only ONE of the larger players currently investing in & operating in metro Atlanta..

Old 09-11-2015, 10:33 AM

3,453 posts, read 4,535,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
Have you ever heard of PINEWOOD ATLANTA STUDIOS? Maybe you should google it.

The Atlanta hate would be funny if it wasn't so damn ignorant:
No one HATES Atlanta at all. We just think you're clowns for saying it has a bigger future in entertainment than the ENTERTAINMENT CAPITAL OF THE WORLD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City