Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2015, 10:07 PM

5,287 posts, read 5,791,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Of course there has been some mixture over time but overall, we are overwhelmingly descended from Africans. As the link chthankgod shows, the average Black person is only 17-18% White. My roots are in the SC Lowcountry, so mine is even lower.

Ummm, did you miss where I said our pride is largely cultural and historical?

As with the vast majority of people groups throughout history, our identity is based on our history and culture first and foremost. You're the only one putting this big emphasis on genetics.
Is that not the point of Afrocentrism? Phenotype is, after all, the only thing that all people of sub-Saharan African descent have in common.

And I'm sure you guys did not miss me pointing out how many Africans do not see as us one of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2015, 07:20 AM

37,882 posts, read 41,970,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunion Powder View Post
Is that not the point of Afrocentrism? Phenotype is, after all, the only thing that all people of sub-Saharan African descent have in common.
That's not the sole point...at all.

Quote:
And I'm sure you guys did not miss me pointing out how many Africans do not see as us one of them.
I'm aware of that, but not all Africans (which is an enormously varied, diverse group of folks spread all across an entire continent) do. Furthermore, despite the opinions of some, that doesn't mean we can't recognize and celebrate our African roots.

Last edited by Mutiny77; 12-27-2015 at 07:45 AM..

Old 12-27-2015, 09:38 AM

7,132 posts, read 9,139,089 times
If White people care about what's going on in European countries, why can't black people care about what's going on in Africa? Many White Americans are worried about Europe collapsing due to demographic changes even though they aren't European, but they know they share a bloodline with them. We share a bloodline with Africa.

Old 12-27-2015, 11:21 AM

6,208 posts, read 9,215,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
If White people care about what's going on in European countries, why can't black people care about what's going on in Africa? Many White Americans are worried about Europe collapsing due to demographic changes even though they aren't European, but they know they share a bloodline with them. We share a bloodline with Africa.
Exactly. You see what's wrong with this picture? It's a double-standard. You think that just because you're gonna pull out a few people (far from a majority) from say Ghana, Ethiopia, Mali, Congo, Namibia, Egypt, and/or Kenya that think Black Americans aren't one of them and yet I share their genotypes and phenotypes, I'm not allowed to celebrate the cultural lineage and heritage? There are a good number of Black Americans who have a full or mixed Indigenous lineage from the Negroid Native Americans who were descended from the Australoids, Melanesians, and Western Afrikans and of course, there are those who have Caucasoid blood in them either from Massa (check out the Hebrew origin of this word, you'll be surprised) wanted to disrespect our women's Yoni and spirit by fulfilling his savage, barbaric deeds or from voluntary admixture/intermarriage. Black/Melanated People are different but pretty similar at the same time. The Negroid branch (and the trunk and roots remaining firm in Ethiopia/Kush) of the Hueman family tree is the most genetically and culturally diverse out of all of them. I too find it interesting that Caucasoids in this country like to share their European heritage so openly (especially those of Irish and Italian descent) but they have a problem with us Blacks celebrating our Indigenous and Afrikan heritage? They better miss me with that hot ass garbage. If they wanna go down that route, I can also say that they really shouldn't celebrate their European heritage considering that Caucasoids as they are today are originally from Central Asia......Hell, they weren't even the first group of Huemans to inhabit Europe, let alone erected major civilizations lol.

Old 12-27-2015, 03:29 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,551,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcave360 View Post
Exactly. You see what's wrong with this picture? It's a double-standard. You think that just because you're gonna pull out a few people (far from a majority) from say Ghana, Ethiopia, Mali, Congo, Namibia, Egypt, and/or Kenya that think Black Americans aren't one of them and yet I share their genotypes and phenotypes, I'm not allowed to celebrate the cultural lineage and heritage? There are a good number of Black Americans who have a full or mixed Indigenous lineage from the Negroid Native Americans who were descended from the Australoids, Melanesians, and Western Afrikans and of course, there are those who have Caucasoid blood in them either from Massa (check out the Hebrew origin of this word, you'll be surprised) wanted to disrespect our women's Yoni and spirit by fulfilling his savage, barbaric deeds or from voluntary admixture/intermarriage. Black/Melanated People are different but pretty similar at the same time. The Negroid branch (and the trunk and roots remaining firm in Ethiopia/Kush) of the Hueman family tree is the most genetically and culturally diverse out of all of them. I too find it interesting that Caucasoids in this country like to share their European heritage so openly (especially those of Irish and Italian descent) but they have a problem with us Blacks celebrating our Indigenous and Afrikan heritage? They better miss me with that hot ass garbage. If they wanna go down that route, I can also say that they really shouldn't celebrate their European heritage considering that Caucasoids as they are today are originally from Central Asia......Hell, they weren't even the first group of Huemans to inhabit Europe, let alone erected major civilizations lol.
Lol keep doing your researching fam.

Old 12-27-2015, 04:34 PM

37,882 posts, read 41,970,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcave360 View Post
Stay woke man.

Old 12-28-2015, 04:37 PM

4,010 posts, read 3,753,785 times
https://youtu.be/VkntcEP9n8k

The 90s Freaknik Atlanta Story

Old 12-29-2015, 11:08 AM

93,392 posts, read 124,009,048 times
Some videos relevant to this thread that mention Atlanta, Dallas, St. Louis, Oakland and Harlem: http://youtu.be/O3PXnrz3yQM

http://youtu.be/Y5wiJjVMoOo

http://youtu.be/b2ZtTjfoDXw

http://youtu.be/VwnuuqT6JKQ

http://youtu.be/IQKAW_PaZmA

http://youtu.be/OJ7EVpIj2hc

http://youtu.be/n64wKEkkkC8

More: http://youtu.be/GV-qOc5MnDY

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 12-29-2015 at 11:19 AM..

Old 12-29-2015, 06:13 PM

93,392 posts, read 124,009,048 times
This has to be the best urban/Black owned radio station in the country: WAGR FM 1025 - The hottest gospel radio on the net

Old 12-30-2015, 12:31 PM

641 posts, read 802,296 times
Its nice to see this thread going strong. Power to the ppl
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City