Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city is most fast paced?
Chicago 153 55.84%
Philadelphia 121 44.16%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 08:33 AM

5,347 posts, read 10,164,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGreenDown View Post
Lol you guys are funny..but i love that you go hard for your town... however..DC..isnt big enough or has enough people to really compete with Philly.. I dont think I said anything wrong..lighten up. I said I've never been..or had a desire to go..however..IM GOING this weekend for my frist time.

Slim,

People come to DC from Philly every Friday to party. What does that say about Philly?

Old 04-13-2011, 09:14 AM

1,449 posts, read 2,189,445 times
Well I see this thread is about to get derailed by nutt a** DC boosters with their inferiority complex. On topic Philly is more "fast paced" than chicago imo.

Old 04-13-2011, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nephi215 View Post
Well I see this thread is about to get derailed by nutt a** DC boosters with their inferiority complex. On topic Philly is more "fast paced" than chicago imo.

Inferiority complex? Stop playing.

Old 04-13-2011, 10:10 AM

22,378 posts, read 38,941,037 times

YouTube - Going To A Go-Go - The Rolling Stones

Old 04-13-2011, 10:27 AM

3,264 posts, read 5,654,477 times
Not sure why "fast paced" has to be this ambiguous thing that people are trying to pump up about their towns.
Philly has a lot going on, but is chill and laid back at the same time, which is IMO one of the best things about it.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:26 AM

20,516 posts, read 33,556,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaAve D.C. View Post
lol I saw two party buses pull up at the club last week and guess what?
All of the people on those buses we're from Philly.

See in D.C., we don't have to take road trips to other cities to party.
But people sure as hell come down here to party with us.

The only time we go outta town is the occasional GoGo trip down to Atlanta and NC.

As far as nightlife goes, ain't no other city on the east coast messing with us except NYC.
That's false. You may have not done it and your friends may have not done it. But best believe it happens. I've seen DC party buses go up to Baltimore and Philadelphia occasionally. Doesn't happen all the time. But I've seen it with my own eyes even with my co-workers.

As far as this thread is concerned. I would say Philly slightly because it's in the Northeast. Chicago is laid back with that Midwestern vibe.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:39 AM

857 posts, read 1,366,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
That's false. You may have not done it and your friends may have not done it. But best believe it happens. I've seen DC party buses go up to Baltimore and Philadelphia occasionally. Doesn't happen all the time. But I've seen it with my own eyes even with my co-workers.

As far as this thread is concerned. I would say Philly slightly because it's in the Northeast. Chicago is laid back with that Midwestern vibe.
The fact is..Ive seen it more than a little bit, but I refuse to go back n forth with these insecure clowns. What I didnt mention is the reason im going down to blatimore/dc this weekend is because my friends from down there are ALWAYS COMING UP HERE to shop, club, etc.. and they say I never want to come down there (which is a completely different topic )

I hope I do enjoy DC, I dont see why I wouldnt. Even if its not as "Fast paced" or big, vibrant.. etc as Philly that still wont mean its not a nice town.

Old 04-13-2011, 12:20 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,941,037 times
DC, Chicago, and Philly are pretty fast paced and vibrant relative to most cities in the US. Good thing is all three have a preety good vibe and many things to do and enjoy

Old 04-13-2011, 08:07 PM

9,380 posts, read 9,344,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaAve D.C. View Post
You Philly people are bit too cocky on this website.

and sine when does size matter?
There are a lot of smaller cities that beat big cities.

DC, Boston, SF are better than Houston, Dallas, Philly, LA, Jacksonville, Detroit, and most other cities that happen to be "bigger" than them.

Philly folks have a NY stat of mind but in reality their city is nothing more than a bigger version of Baltimore and a fake, smaller NYC.

I am a "cocky" Philadelphian and i never said size of the city mattered. I even said Chicago is bigger but i think the atmosphere there is more laid back. And San Fran is bigger than Dalllas and Jacksonville so that makes no sense. And people in philly dont have a new york state of mind and a fake new york? im pretty sure when philly is compared to New york a lot of people in philly go up in arms because we dont like to be compared to New York.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:13 PM

True be told, I like Philly. It's a great city but it has a funny vibe to it. It's not hectic but it's not Mayberry either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.