Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Best choice for the second expansion team in the NBA, if the NBA chooses to expand?
Mexico City 13 4.30%
Montreal 16 5.30%
San Diego 23 7.62%
Vancouver 14 4.64%
Tampa 6 1.99%
Baltimore 15 4.97%
Pittsburgh 20 6.62%
Saint Louis 42 13.91%
Las Vegas 53 17.55%
Austin 23 7.62%
Kansas City 36 11.92%
Louisville 15 4.97%
Raleigh 4 1.32%
Richmond 4 1.32%
Virginia Beach/Norfolk 13 4.30%
Omaha 5 1.66%
Voters: 302. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2016, 07:17 PM
_OT

2,183 posts, read 2,419,380 times

Advertisements

Move the Grizzlies to Seattle, change them to the Sonics, then send the Suns to the Southwest. As far as expansion goes, the NBA really doesn't need one, and I don't think there will be one, especially with this new "superteam" culture nowadays. But if there were to be an expansion, I could see it being Vancouver, Las Vegas, or Louisville. If Rogers Arena wasn't 30+ years old they'd have a larger chance of getting a team.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2016, 07:22 PM

35,072 posts, read 31,302,097 times
One of the MO cities. They have every other support and either metro is large enough for it.

Old 10-16-2016, 07:22 PM

37,882 posts, read 41,956,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _OT View Post
Move the Grizzlies to Seattle, change them to the Sonics, then send the Suns to the Southwest. As far as expansion goes, the NBA really doesn't need one, and I don't think there will be one, especially with this new "superteam" culture nowadays. But if there were to be an expansion, I could see it being Vancouver, Las Vegas, or Louisville. If Rogers Arena wasn't 30+ years old they'd have a larger chance of getting a team.

Old 10-16-2016, 08:16 PM

345 posts, read 530,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _OT View Post
No way the grizzlies are moving. They make the playoffs like every year and the support for the team is unreal.

And didn't seattle owners deny a proposal to bring the supersonics back to the city? They may not want it.

And the suns to the southwest?? Phoenix is the southwest dude...

Louisville isn't getting a team. Las Vegas, maybe. NHL is going there and the NFL raiders may be relocating there. Vancouver should get a team.

Old 10-16-2016, 08:33 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funtraveler1 View Post
No way the grizzlies are moving. They make the playoffs like every year and the support for the team is unreal.

And didn't seattle owners deny a proposal to bring the supersonics back to the city? They may not want it.

Louisville isn't getting a team. Las Vegas, maybe. NHL is going there and the NFL raiders may be relocating there. Vancouver should get a team.
The city of Seattle trademarked the Supersonics name before they left and had to become the Thunder due to the trademark. I doubt they would have trademarked the name if they weren't planning on a new Supersonics franchise down the road

Old 10-16-2016, 08:44 PM
_OT

2,183 posts, read 2,419,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Come on now, the Sonics used to be apart of the Pacific Division. If the Griz moved to Seattle, they'd just switch with Pheonix, sending them to the Southwest Division to even things out, it makes more sense that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funtraveler1 View Post

It's professional sports, nothing is guaranteed; Oakland is about to lose the Raiders to Las Vegas, St.Louis just recently lost the Rams to LA, that's just the way it is. Not saying it's GOING TO HAPPEN, just a suggestion. Seattle and the Sonics have history and a Larry O'Brien trophy, getting them back to Seattle would be similar to Charlotte and the Hornets.

And btw the Pheonix Suns are in the Pacific Region, not the Southwest.

Old 10-16-2016, 08:57 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,544,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
Most of these cities have lost NBA teams or are over saturated media markets as it is. NBA has already over extended itself.
True. Very true. That's why I chose Louisville. But Kentucky in college basketball maybe like Alabama in college football.

Old 10-16-2016, 09:02 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,904,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antny12 View Post
Austin, Texas
Nashville

Nah I don't know. I just wish we could get an NFL or NHL team here in Austin.. lucky Vegas.
Not as long as you have the University of Texas.

Austin won't be getting any MAJOR pro sports teams. There's MLS coming to San Antonio and probably... by a long shot MLB. But that's it as far as teams outside of DFW and Houston for this state.

Old 10-16-2016, 09:04 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,904,705 times
My ranking for most likely to least:

- Kansas City
- Vegas
- San Diego
- Vancouver
- Pittsburgh
- St. Louis
- Louisville

The rest, I don't think have a good enough shot.

Old 10-16-2016, 09:08 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,744,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
True. Very true. That's why I chose Louisville. But Kentucky in college basketball maybe like Alabama in college football.
Louisville is barely that much smaller than Kansas City....yet KC can support 3 big time pro sports and Louisville can support none? Sorry, not buying it. Louisville is the most misunderstood city in the USA....it's really in a boom right now if you haven't been.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City