Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 12:44 AM

1,526 posts, read 1,983,949 times

Advertisements

I just realized I've spent more way more time in Seattle than I have in Minnetonka. I live in St. Paul.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2017, 08:29 AM

12 posts, read 8,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
IMO You are picking between 2 great areas. I would love living in either of these areas. I absolutely love Seattle and Minnetonka areas. And I love the attitude of the people in these areas as well.

Seattle is breathtakingly beautiful with an awesome urban core, abundant outdoor sports, and some of the coolest nature ecosystems around - alpine, rainforest, ocean... I love it there.

You're not going to be able to change Minnesota weather and taxes, but is there a possibility you could learn to appreciate it? Minnesota is beautiful in all seasons. After living in that area, I've come to love skiing, skating, snowmobiling, winter hikes... and the sport of hockey. You would be in the youth hockey epicenter if any of your kids have an inkling for the sport. Some of the best hockey players in the world trained in this area!

Also, though taxes are high in Minnesota, services are good, such as some of the best public schools in the U.S. I remember when my healthy friend had her healthy baby and the community nurse would just make house calls periodically to see if she needed any help - apparently this new mother program was funded by taxes. Like that would ever happen in my town. The MN communities are very school/family supportive.
you made me feel better. leaving from fairfield county is hard. it has everything one would look for, except that housing is expensive. Things started to get bit out of control in CT, when it started as taxing rich until the rich started to flee. Then they turned their attention to taxing businesses. now they started fleeing. it makes really harder for middle class to live here. i kinda feel like Minnesota is taking the same route as connecticut, sadly.

personally i am ok with paying taxes to state for overall quality of live. something got to pay for facilities/benefits etc and also believe in everyone paying fair share of taxes. what pisses me off is when it comes to using those benefits, you are making *too much* to be eligible or charge more.

leaving the taxes aside, for some reason Minnesota makes it harder to transfer a small business from other state.

i didn't mean to diss MN but things looks eerily similar to what we have been thru. i may end up moving there because of quality of family life but it started to worry me even before we begin.

Old 05-23-2017, 09:29 AM

3,814 posts, read 4,007,504 times
What the hell is Minnetonka????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City