Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: More famous for hip hop?
Atlanta 77 22.92%
New York City 231 68.75%
Equal 28 8.33%
Voters: 336. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 07:49 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,450,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80s_kid View Post
Good point Spade, I'm 31 and I'm from the ATL but this new stuff is so awful. I never thought that I'd be that "I only listen to 90s hip-hop but then again, I never thought that the bar would fall this low. XXL had a " Special Ed" cypher with Lil Yachty, 21 Savage, and other off brand artists. They were off beat and repeated the same words over. Terrible, at least have a good flow. They aren't even trying.
Special Ed would kill them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2017, 08:20 AM

1,186 posts, read 1,511,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Thank you. I needed a good laugh today.
You're welcome. Anything I can do help...

Old 06-27-2017, 08:22 AM

1,186 posts, read 1,511,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy328 View Post
So no to drugs. East Coast was running Urban Contemporary in the eighties AND hip-hop. At the same time.
So, no to drugs. You should take your own advice and spell check too.

Also, Georgia is East Coast. Southern hip hop is a variant. You're not in a position to come for me.

Old 06-27-2017, 11:38 AM

2,323 posts, read 1,560,328 times
Hey, would NYC news anchors do these?

Prodigy Tribute

Phife Dawg Tribute

Old 06-27-2017, 12:08 PM

178 posts, read 146,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80s_kid View Post
Hey, would NYC news anchors do these?

Prodigy Tribute

Phife Dawg Tribute
LOL.treally?THIS is what you think proves some point?

Old 06-27-2017, 12:38 PM

problem is I see withso many of these NYC boosters is that most of what is said is baded on the past.
Ill even say its relevant because its the foundation.
However you cant ignore the FLOOD of music artist that arehip hop from at least the 90's till thw watershed of music coming out of Atlanta now.

Rock and Roll culture is no longer that.Its changed and no is either just Rock or Pop.Pop which has overshadowed Rock.
Hip hop is not just the Sugarhill Gang anymore than its T.I. ,Migos, 69Boyz,Ludicrous or whatever.
You can always like the old school but genres change and like it or not the new stuff IS Hip Hop or you might as well agree with some that say Hip Hop is DEAD.

Am I wrong in thinking just because you have several big time rappers is better than having so much of all levels that are ar constant through decades like Atlanta has regardless of skill?
And are we excluding artist that are singers like Usher but think Mary J,Blige (the Hip Hop Queen)is okay?
Much of the music of the 90's and even today was collaborations with vocal artist that most nowadays call apart of Hip Hop or Hip Hop Soul in which no one can deny Atlanta has been tops in producing.

Old 06-27-2017, 12:44 PM

2,323 posts, read 1,560,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenseSoCommon View Post
LOL.treally?THIS is what you think proves some point?
No point. I just liked the tributes and wanted to share ATL anchors giving a tribute to New York artists.

Old 06-27-2017, 01:03 PM

910 posts, read 1,083,788 times
Quote:
Rock and Roll culture is no longer that.Its changed and no is either just Rock or Pop.Pop which has overshadowed Rock.
And look what happened to Rock, it was stripped of its roots and now a shell of its former self. If you want this for Hip-hop, then that says a lot about your perspective.

Old 06-27-2017, 01:07 PM

10,106 posts, read 9,961,782 times
Quote:
problem is I see withso many of these NYC boosters is that most of what is said is baded on the past.
Ill even say its relevant because its the foundation.
However you cant ignore the FLOOD of music artist that arehip hop from at least the 90's till thw watershed of music coming out of Atlanta now.

Hip hop is not just the Sugarhill Gang anymore than its T.I. ,Migos, 69Boyz,Ludicrous or whatever.
You can always like the old school but genres change and like it or not the new stuff IS Hip Hop or you might as well agree with some that say Hip Hop is DEAD.

Am I wrong in thinking just because you have several big time rappers is better than having so much of all levels that are ar constant through decades like Atlanta has regardless of skill?
And are we excluding artist that are singers like Usher but think Mary J,Blige (the Hip Hop Queen)is okay?
Much of the music of the 90's and even today was collaborations with vocal artist that most nowadays call apart of Hip Hop or Hip Hop Soul in which no one can deny Atlanta has been tops in producing.

If we included singers, then Atlanta will RUN away with this debate even faster than the lightening quick speed it's running away in Hip-hop.

Old 06-27-2017, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyKing54 View Post
And look what happened to Rock, it was stripped of its roots and now a shell of its former self. If you want this for Hip-hop, then that says a lot about your perspective.
Actually my perspective is reality which you cant seem to accept.
Rock was not stripped of its roots.The pioneers willl always be revered by those who can accept that its a part of history without which the present could not be possible.

No one would know what Rock is because its not dead.Nor is Hip Hop
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City