Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: which is better
St. Louis 57 44.53%
Phoenix 71 55.47%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2017, 09:38 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,395,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Yesterday, St Louis had a high of just 12°! While our high was 73°, and St Louis' low was 2° while our low was 46°!

Our morning low was 34° warmer than St Louis' afternoon high yesterday; score one million for Phoenix just for that ��
And last week our highs were in the 60s. This week is not indicative of a typical St. Louis winter. It’s an extreme cold front that won’t last that long. And it brought a white Christmas which is heaven. Last year my kids and their cousins were in the pool on Christmas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2017, 09:47 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,961,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by locolife View Post
You said all our teams suck butt lately, they don’t. If it’s a championship or nothing then you’re going to be letdown most of the time in just about any city. I’d personally rather cheer for the Cards with no Super Bowls but class acts like Fitzgerald than a team like the Patriots who seem to be accused of cheating every few years and have no issues signing players with poor off field ethics. Winning at all costs is not something I would respect or wish for in my local teams.
I never said "lately". Obviously PHX's teams have had relative success in recent years, but without titles or banners to hang from the rafters, it isn't much of a bragging right.

I agree with you about class acts like Larry vs Brady, but no doubt the Pats are a dynasty. Something that PHX desperately needs, especially the Yotes.

Old 12-28-2017, 09:56 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,592,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL74 View Post
And last week our highs were in the 60s. This week is not indicative of a typical St. Louis winter. It’s an extreme cold front that won’t last that long. And it brought a white Christmas which is heaven. Last year my kids and their cousins were in the pool on Christmas.
I know that St Louis had a normal high of 41° and a normal low of 22° yesterday, but that is still too cold. Our normal high and low yesterday were 65° and 43°; much better

Old 12-28-2017, 10:14 AM

2,099 posts, read 2,324,648 times
Quote:
I know that St Louis had a normal high of 41° and a normal low of 22° yesterday, but that is still too cold. Our normal high and low yesterday were 65° and 43°; much better
Much better, to you personally. Too cold, for you personally. I wasn’t aware you were the king spokesman for the entire population, my bad.

You like Phoenix better, awesome, good for you! This all comes down to personal opinion, and I think STL is night & day better. Again, personal opinion, nothing more

Old 12-28-2017, 10:15 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,961,083 times
Quote:
That's your opinion.

I'd personally take 41 over 118 any day, any time.

Old 12-28-2017, 10:17 AM

16,070 posts, read 10,732,474 times
Phoenix has two seasons — hot and too hot. St. Louis is humid and has some serious winters. Desert scenery is desert scenery while Midwest scenery is Midwest scenery....depends on what you like. There are much better places to live in the Southwest if you want low humidity and a natural environment. Phoenix has an air of artificiality about it, contrived. St. Louis has a lot of problems but it is a well established and somewhat natural setting for a city with 250 years of nationally significant history and a population center going back to the Cahokia metropolis of prehistory. I could happily visit either one but would be more comfortable in St. Louis. Phoenix is about three times bigger than St. Louis...a city that cannot expand.

Old 12-28-2017, 10:31 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,592,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg10556 View Post
Much better, to you personally. Too cold, for you personally. I wasn’t aware you were the king spokesman for the entire population, my bad.

You like Phoenix better, awesome, good for you! This all comes down to personal opinion, and I think STL is night & day better. Again, personal opinion, nothing more
Really? Honestly I don't see it from all the times I've been to St Louis

Old 12-28-2017, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Really? Honestly I don't see it from all the times I've been to St Louis
To me, the city of STL just has more charm and history without a doubt. And the crime everyone claims is so bad, is literally contained to a very few select areas, most of STL and all of its suburbs are very nice areas.

The style of Phoenix is completely unappealing to me. The style of homes, scenery, weather, etc...I just don’t care for any of it. Fake grass or rocks as my yard, no thank you. But that’s my personal opinion.

Old 12-28-2017, 10:51 AM

The City Museum is one of the coolest places/attractions I’ve ever been to. Even as a Mid-Twenties adult, I had a blast!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City