Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city is better?
Birmingham 53 40.77%
Indianapolis 77 59.23%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2018, 01:46 PM

37,877 posts, read 41,910,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyadic View Post
It isn't. I asked one poster a question. We didn't have exactly the same viewpoint. In post #37 he gave a very compelling response which for the most part I agreed with. I was done with the subject days ago until you resurrected it.
Post #42 seemed to argue otherwise but okay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2018, 05:06 PM

1,556 posts, read 1,909,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Post #42 seemed to argue otherwise but okay.
Yeah right. You are Johnny come lately on this thread. There were several deletions that would have given you the total picture. Lack of information a a major obstacle to critical thinking.

Old 01-20-2018, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyadic View Post
Yeah right. You are Johnny come lately on this thread. There were several deletions that would have given you the total picture. Lack of information a a major obstacle to critical thinking.
I commented three days after the last post was made, which isn't unusual at all on this forum.

Why were several posts deleted?

Old 01-20-2018, 11:45 AM

1,672 posts, read 2,877,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
I commented three days after the last post was made, which isn't unusual at all on this forum.

Why were several posts deleted?
The only ones I know that were deleted were the ones where I went after a certain, very annoying Louisville booster.

Old 01-29-2018, 10:44 PM

160 posts, read 155,435 times
The only people who can accurately answer this questions are those who have extensively lived/visited or worked in both of these cities. That's probably not that many people.
Being way more familiar with Indy than Birmingham, my vote would be for Indianapolis. Depending on how you weighted the factors and what was most important to you, would decide where you would enjoy living the most. Birmingham is warmer, but Indiana's cold snaps are short. You won't have December through January dominated by 50 degree days, though. Indianapolis is larger in population, has a larger economy, and overall better business climate. The GDP of Indianapolis is 2 1/2 times that of Birmingham. I am surprised to hear people say how great the food scene is in Birmingham, but I take them at their word.

Old 04-01-2018, 08:00 PM

9,679 posts, read 9,380,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanderbiltgrad View Post
Lets take two cities that are literally nothing alike and compare them. Never been to Birmingham. Indy is okay for me, not great but not bad either.
They are both the largest cities in their states. They also appear to be making decent investments in their downtowns.

Old 04-03-2018, 07:57 PM

354 posts, read 627,254 times
What are both Cities up to nowadays anyway? I do not hear about either one of them.

Old 04-04-2018, 01:15 PM
_OT

2,183 posts, read 2,415,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontstressem22 View Post
What are both Cities up to nowadays anyway? I do not hear about either one of them.
I don’t know about Indy, but man, Birmingham fell off. Downtown doesn’t seem to be going anywhere, racists still run rampant throughout the city, they even elected a 60 year old Right-Wing mayor for crying out loud. The only development is in its sprawling suburbs, there’s nothing to do, and there’s no young people moving into the City Center.

Smh, it’s a shame.

Old 04-04-2018, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontstressem22 View Post
Birmingham Building Boom
https://www.curbed.com/2016/8/8/1240...l-preservation
Betting on Birmingham: What's fueling the downtown apartment boom? | AL.com

Old 04-05-2018, 11:04 AM

2,426 posts, read 2,474,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _OT View Post
I don’t know about Indy, but man, Birmingham fell off. Downtown doesn’t seem to be going anywhere, racists still run rampant throughout the city, they even elected a 60 year old Right-Wing mayor for crying out loud. The only development is in its sprawling suburbs, there’s nothing to do, and there’s no young people moving into the City Center.

Smh, it’s a shame.

Visited Birmingham about a month or so ago, have to be honest, it's definitely not my type of town.. Very segregated feeling to be a city that size. I know I couldn't live there but to each his own. I think I'm just not an Alabama type of guy. I have heard good things about Huntsville though but have never been there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City