Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2018, 11:14 PM

2,452 posts, read 2,301,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Definitely an advantage Phoenix has, I left New York to get away from cold and snow, and I would be disappointed by Dallas, as they still get snow and ice days.
True, but Dallas would still offer improvement over NY. The handful of cold and snow days there can simply be treated as "rainy days." The only all-round detriment is the inability to grow tender plants outdoors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2018, 08:08 AM

4,222 posts, read 3,732,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texyn View Post
True, but Dallas would still offer improvement over NY. The handful of cold and snow days there can simply be treated as "rainy days." The only all-round detriment is the inability to grow tender plants outdoors.
The flat geography of Dallas is the biggest drawback to me, personally that’s a deal breaker. I need mountains nearby or else how nice the weather is really doesn’t matter much. Hiking and biking are big parts of my life though, I realize most don’t care about these things.

Old 03-05-2018, 09:26 AM

872 posts, read 999,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by locolife View Post
The flat geography of Dallas is the biggest drawback to me, personally that’s a deal breaker. I need mountains nearby or else how nice the weather is really doesn’t matter much. Hiking and biking are big parts of my life though, I realize most don’t care about these things.
I agree 100%

This is why I wouldn't like living over there or in FL. I don't think you realize how much you love the mountains and terrain here until you are somewhere else.

Old 03-05-2018, 05:40 PM

1,905 posts, read 2,789,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by locolife View Post
Lots of places are flat i wonder how they deal ? Just saying that should be the last thing to consider for moving somewhere IMO.

Old 03-05-2018, 06:05 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,641,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fl1150 View Post
Lots of places are flat i wonder how they deal ? Just saying that should be the last thing to consider for moving somewhere IMO.
Why should something important to someone’s lifestyle be the last thing to consider? Should a fisherman not consider proximity to water?

Old 03-06-2018, 02:50 PM

628 posts, read 818,687 times
Neither. But I hate hot climates.

Old 03-06-2018, 08:57 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,140,507 times
And Dallas & Ft. Worth arent even truly flat. Houston, New Orleans, and Orlando are flat. DFW does have some rolling terrain. Not mountains of course but that doesnt mean its flat either.

Old 03-07-2018, 08:36 AM

850 posts, read 796,336 times
Im also from Chicago living in AZ. Biggest negatives for me are lack of a urban energetic city. Its very cookie cutter suburban. Downtown phx is a joke and also the heat in the summer which can be brutal, but other than that Arizona has been quite a surprise to me, nice scenery, chill people, growing job market, but I doubt I will stay here forever.

Old 03-08-2018, 10:09 PM

4,222 posts, read 3,732,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soletaire View Post
And Dallas & Ft. Worth arent even truly flat. Houston, New Orleans, and Orlando are flat. DFW does have some rolling terrain. Not mountains of course but that doesnt mean its flat either.
Too flat for me, it’s not about rolling terrain it’s about access to great hiking and biking. These cities all stack up the same to me.

Old 03-10-2018, 03:57 PM

1,905 posts, read 2,789,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Why should something important to someone’s lifestyle be the last thing to consider? Should a fisherman not consider proximity to water?
It's called compromise because even though some places may lack something like mountains you can still go hiking and do other outdoor activities in non hilly environments. I understand the point your trying to make but you don't always get what you want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City